Make a Guy Jealous
Edited by Bobby-Jo Keats, Eng, Doug Collins, Gema hafez and 4 others
How to Make a Guy Jealous
There are a lot of ways to make a guy jealous. Whether he is your boyfriend, long-distance boyfriend or your ex-boyfriend, there are many avenues you can take to encourage jealousy from your boyfriend. However, always use caution because depending on what he's like, you might make him angry, and it could lead to violence. Also, don't overdo it. Sometimes, less is more.
On Social Media
- 1Post photos of you with your guy friends.Hang out with your friends, make new ones and do things you enjoy. Post pictures of your fun events on social media, including your selfies with the boys. Comment on what a great time it was. He will be jealous he wasn't there.Advertisement
- 2Compliment other guys.Whether it's a great photo or an interesting status, comment on the pages of your guy friends and tell them how great they look or how great they are. He is bound to notice and get jealous.Advertisement
- 3Gear your likes to attractive guys.Like posts and photos of other guys and follow them on social media. Include all your celebrity crushes too. You will have a bunch of material to mention if you bring them up and he will get jealous you're paying all kinds of attention to other guys.
- 4Post photos of yourself doing your own thing.Post pictures of you alone, doing something you love or just being independent. It will make him wonder what message you are trying to send to your online friends, and will start to worry that you don't need him or want him.
- 5Post a cute photo of yourself.Get a new haircut or dye it a different color and post a picture of it. If you bought a new outfit and want to flaunt it, take a picture and post it. He will likely get jealous when he sees the compliments rolling in.
- 6Do something you've always wanted to do and post about it.Go on an adventure, make memories and have a great time doing it. He will see how happy it makes you, and wish he was part of it, no doubt wondering what new guy friends you might be making along the way.
- 7Get in shape and boast about your success.Get in better shape. Eat healthy, maybe join a gym and update your look, then post about it online with lots of pictures. He will be appreciate how great you look, and be jealous when he sees how many other people have noticed too.
- 8Tag your guy friends in your statuses.Start tagging your guy friends in your status updates. It could be a status about a party you were at, or perhaps a throwback photo with old friends. Even if you think your single guy friends would find something funny or relevant, tag them.
- 9Add lots of guy friends.Send friend requests to several other guys. When they add you, and your boyfriend notices, he will not only get jealous, but he won't know who requested who to become friends.
- 10Share a status or image that encourages others to rate you romantically.Some of the currently popular of these range from rating a person's attractiveness from 1 to 10, to commenting with a number that represents if you would kiss a guy, date them or marry them. Your boyfriend is sure to get jealous when he starts reading the replies from other guys.
Over the Phone
- 1Call and cancel a date.Call him and cancel upcoming plans you have. It doesn't have to be anything big. It might be a lunch date or movie plans. Tell him something came up and be vague about it and he will start to wonder if you're blowing him off for someone else.
- 2Talk about your guy friends.After hanging out with your friends, talk at length about the guys who were there and what they're like. Mention the way they laugh or how much fun they are to hang out with. He will get jealous of you hanging out with other guys and dislike that you're having so much fun.
- 3Mention your ex.Even if you don't speak to your ex anymore, casually bring him up in a conversation. You can simply say you randomly ran into each other somewhere or that you heard from her out of the blue. Even if you play it off as a weird coincidence, he will worry and get jealous that someone might be trying to get back into your life.
- 4Compliment other guys.Did one of your attractive friends get a new tattoo or adopt a puppy? Take note of details about other guys you are friends with, and bring it up in conversation. He will get jealous of how attentive you are to other guys and wonder why details about them are important enough for you to dwell on.
- 5Don't call him for a while.Ignore his calls for a brief period of time or tell him you will call him right back and wait a little while. It will make him wonder what you are up to.
- 6Keep your answers short.When you are talking to him on the phone and he asks you questions, respond with short and to-the-point answers. He will wonder why you are being aloof and get jealous if he thinks someone else has your attention.
- 7Let him know when other guys hit on you.When a guy hits on you and you turn him down, tell your boyfriend about it during your conversations. He will be glad you turned them down but get jealous of all the attention you get.
- 8Tell him you're getting another call and then hang up abruptly.If you're frequently getting calls from other people, especially at night, he will be jealous he has to compete for your attention.
- 9Call him when you are having a party.Even if you just have a few friends over and you're having a good time, give him a call. If he's not with you because he's busy or working, leave him a voicemail. He will hear people in the background and how much fun you're having.
- 10Pretend to call him by accident.Call him on the phone and when he answers act surprised and tell him you meant to call someone else. Don't tell him who and hang up abruptly. He will be wondering who you were trying to call and why you sounded anxious.
Over Text Message
- 1Don't respond to him right away.Try waiting a couple of hours to answer his text messages. This will make him think about you and wonder what you are up to. You can alternatively turn your phone off for a few hours, he won't know if your phone battery died or if you were busy having fun.Advertisement
- 2Keep conversations brief.Respond to his text messages with brief, one-word answers. Try keeping your texts as brief as possible.
- 3Have a spontaneous night with the girls.Go to a bar or hang out with some mutual friends. Tell him at the last minute and don't give many details. Be vague about where you're going, who will be there and when you will be home, and while you're out, don't answer his calls or text messages. Then, when you talk to him, tell him how great of a time you had.
- 4Mention other guys.It doesn't matter how you mention another guy via text, but the sheer mention of other guys you know or are around when he's not there will be enough to make him jealous.
- 5Change your texting habits.If you are used to texting each other in the mornings or at night, try disrupting the pattern. Miss saying it one morning and blame it on being too sleepy, or wait an extra while before sending your last text of the night.
- 6Pretend to accidentally send a text message meant for another guy.You can text whatever you want, depending on how jealous you are trying to make him. If you dare, you can even add "Xs and Os" to the message.
- 7Ask him too many questions about one of his friends.Randomly bring up one of his friends while you are texting each other and ask a question about him. Keep it subtle at first and then inquire about his friend over and over. He will start to wonder if you like him or his friend.
- 1Flirt with your guy friends.Laugh at all their jokes in the cafeteria or find ways to touch them during a conversation. Spending time around other guys, and giving them your undivided attention will surely make him jealous.
- 2Become friends with his friends.He will get jealous if he thinks you have more chemistry with one of his friends than you do with him.
- 3Talk about other guys.When you're together or in a group, bring up something new about another guy. Act like you think whatever the guy did was totally awesome and rave about how cool he is.
- 4Let him catch you looking at someone else.Maybe it's the best-looking guy in class. Just stare at the other guy (without making eye contact if possible) and look away when he looks in your direction.
- 5Use body language while talking to other guys.When he can see you talking to another guy, try twirling your hair, bending your knee or even giggling. This will make him think you are subconsciously flirting and will be jealous if he thinks it's really a crush.
- 6Pair up with another guy on an assignment.It might be for a school project or a group exercise but try to find a way to pair up with another guy or be on his team instead of your usual partner.
- 7Make up a rumour that another guy has a crush on you.Repeat that you heard a rumour that another guy has a crush on you. It will no doubt reach him and make him jealous you have captured another guy's attention.
- 8Be mysterious.Don't always tell him what you're doing or where you're going. Make him wonder about you and try to figure you out.
- 9Get a guy best friend and hang out with him a lot.Spend as much time as you can at school with your guy best friend and talk about how well you guys connect. Defend him at every opportunity and watch the jealousy brew.
- 10Update your appearance.Change your look a bit. Change your hair or outfit or even wear clothing that's slightly more revealing. He will get jealous of all the attention you will get from other guys.
In a Long-Distance Relationship
- 1Dedicate yourself to your work.Keep busy. Put in extra hours at your job or do more work in your free time. He will see how dedicated you are to your work while still trying hard to make time to talk to him and it will make him miss you even more.
- 2Pursue your own interests.Take up something you have always wanted to try. This can be anything from learning how to rock climb to joining a girl band. Find something that you enjoy and derive fulfillment from and try it out for a while. It will not only keep you busy, it will also peak his curiosity. He will miss you even more when he hears how you are following your dreams independently.
- 3Have a healthy social life.Hang out with your friends and display your independence. Talk about the fun things you do with your friends and let him see how free-spirited you can be.
- 4Plan a trip to see him.To make him miss you, sometimes you need to remind him of how great you guys are together. Try and arrange a visit, even a short one, to visit him and have a romantic date before you have to go back home. This will not only jog his memory of how happy he is to be with you, he will be missing you even more when you leave.
- 5Forget an important event.Whether it's an anniversary, birthday or special occasion, pretend to forget an important date and be overly apologetic for it.
- 6Tell him about how great your night was.Don't give many details. Just make it sound like you are on cloud nine because you had such a great time with your friends. It could be about anything but it will make him wonder.
- 7Act distracted.When you're talking pretend to zone out like something is on your mind and give him short answers. He will start to wonder what or who you're thinking of.
- 8Talk about other guys.Tell him what's new with the guy next door or brag about how awesome your buddy's new car is. He will get jealous that another guy has captured so much of your attention.
- 9Don't call him for a while.Take a break from being the first to call for a while or wait for him to call you a second time to answer. He will start to realize you are being distant and wonder why.
- 10Spend more time with your girlfriends.The odds are that your boyfriend thinks at least one of your girlfriends is a bad influence on you, so spend more time with your girlfriends and tell him small details about your adventures.
- 11Call him by another guy's name 'accidentally.' Pretend to be very distracted and refer to him by a different guys name.It might be the name of someone you know or completely made-up. It's up to you.
After The Smoke Clears
- 1Have a great time being single.Hang out with your friends, go on adventures and party it up. Get busy doing the things you enjoy and make lots of new friends in the process. It will bother him that you don't want or need him and have way more fun without him.
- 2Be flirty.Be as flirty as you want and remember, there are no rules. Have fun and do whatever you want. Let him see how much fun you are having with other guys and all of the attention they are giving you.
- 3Go on a date.Finally say yes to one of those guys who've been asking you out. Go to dinner, the movies or meet up for a coffee. However you do it, get out there and go on dates again. He will panic when he realizes you might be swept off your feet by a new man.
- 4Don't pay any attention to him.If he crosses your path or tries to say hello, ignore him. Don't even answer if he drunk-dials you at 3 a.m. Don't pay any attention to him and let him worry about how quickly you got over him.
- 5Touch other guys a lot when you talk to them.If he can see you around other guys try finding reasons to touch them a lot during your conversation. You can touch their arm while making a point, talk about their hair and run your fingers through it or playfully wrestle with them. Just let him see you being touchy with other guys.
- 6Update your appearance.Get a makeover, get in shape or adopt a more revealing look. Whatever the case, he is bound to notice what he's missing.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
I need to make my crush jealous, but how?
I need to do this over text because he left my school about 2 years ago, and we still talk, but how do I make him jealous? I have tried: I made up a character and said that he asked me out, so he got all jealous and seemed cold about it. I think it was caused by: He keeps on telling me I love you, but I don't know if he means it in a friend way, or like a crush.
Guys do not randomly say I love you unless they mean it. It seems that he likes you far more than friendship because he has maintained a phone connection with you for 2 years. Since making up someone asking you out backfired, instead, text him photos of you and your friends having fun. Use phrases like "Wish you were here" with the photos. Here are some VisiHow articles to help you further:
- Sweet messages to busy boyfriend
- Write Sweet Goodnight Messages for Him
- Get a Busy Boyfriend's Attention
- Identify Signs That Your Boyfriend Is Just Playing Around with You
- Ask Your Boyfriend What His Plans Are Toward You Are
- Know if Your Best Friend Is Falling for You
How do we know if he is dating someone else?
He never likes my post but he likes other friend's. We went out together and also he introduced me as a couple to them but I still text him, we live in the same town she just comes to visit and leave. I have tried: Should I ignore that or continue as usual but since she left we never meet again just texting. I think it was caused by: They went fishing together and he has a woman roommate bring friend over and he is taking care of them. He took one day off, but I didn't take the day off to go with because I just want trust him, after that he seems distant, not inviting me to his house like before, maybe because his woman roommate drama he mentioned.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Nuance, Maria, Anonymous