Make a Great Antiseptic Throat Spray with Mint and Lemon
Edited by Deepthi Gottumukkala, Eng, Lynn, Anonymous and 1 other
As winter starts approaching, flu and sore throats become very common, especially among children. Mint and lemon, two healthy and easily available herbs, are excellent to treat sore throats in the most natural way.
Before we learn how to make a great mint and lemon throat spray, let us first get to know a bit about sore throats and its symptoms.
Causes of sore throat
- 1Viral infection like cold and fluAdvertisement
- 2Bacterial infection, which can cause inflammation of throatAdvertisement
- 3Allergy with dust or some other kind of environmental conditions
- 4Excessive smoking
Symptoms of sore throat
- 4Difficulty in swallowing
If you have any of the above symptoms, your throat might also be sore. An easy remedy for this uncomfortable illness - mint-lemon throat spray. Read on to learn about its preparation and usage.
Preparation of mint-lemon throat spray
- Boil the water
- Let it cool down to normal room temperature
- Add lemon, mint essential oil and stevia sweetener(optional), and mix well
- Fill the final mixture into an empty spray bottle
Benefits of mint-lemon throat spray
- 4Calming and relaxing
- 5Improves sleep
- 6Reduces throat irritation
- 7Reduces swelling, if any
- 8Removes bad breath
- 9Treats headache and common cold
- 1As long as your sore lasts, it is better not share drinking and eating utensils, so that you can avoid further infections or contamination.
- 2Use hand sanitizers regularly.Advertisement
Most sore throats are not very serious and can be cured within a week. But if your sore throat isn't cured within a week, even after medication, or the pain is severe, it is best to see a doctor.
Questions and Answers
Does antiseptic mouth spray help a smoker's cough?
Yes, an antiseptic mouth spray can help a smoker's cough. This kind of spray is also called oral anesthetic, analgesic spray, and throat spray. It is designed to relieve a sore throat and chronic coughing, and to hydrate the throat. It is considered one of many helpful cough remedies.
An antiseptic mouth spray is said to be effective in soothing bronchial irritation, which is brought on by allergies, common colds, voice overuse, chronic dry cough, and also smoker's cough. The major role of this spray is to numb and relieve bronchial areas in the mouth and throat. It can help soothe coughing.
An antiseptic mouth spray can be bought at a grocery store or drug store, since it is an over-the-counter medicated product. Nevertheless, any medicated spray should not be used as replacement for your doctor's advice. It is not designed to be used daily for self-medication. Some sprays contain phenol and carbolic acid that are poisonous when taken incorrectly. You should consult your doctor before using a cough spray.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Lynn, Eng