Make a Good Quality Visihow Video
Edited by Doug Collins, Yuliya, Eng, sabreen and 3 others
Videos are a great help to people who want to see just how to get something done. At VisiHow we recognize that not everyone wants to (or can i.e.. my hearing impaired friends) so we also turn our videos into step by step HowTo with pictures. So when you are shooting a video try to keep in mind it will not be just a video but will also be made into step by step instructions.
- 1IMPORTANT We need all new videos to address something "value added"Advertisement
- Bad title: How to build a workbench
- Good title: How to build a simple sturdy workbench
- Bad title: How to tie a tie
- Good title: How to tie a tie that is the right length every time
- IMPORTANT !!! HERE IS HOW YOU CAN FIGURE OUT A GOOD VALUE ADDED VIDEO TO SHOOT
- Now lets dig deeper for even better titles by going to the bottom of a Google search page:
- We can get even more ideas by doing a Bing search:
- 2Use Google and/or bing as described above to create a few videos to cover as many methods as you can.Let me give you an example:Advertisement
- Make lip scrub with vaseline METHOD
- Make lip scrub with brown sugar METHOD
- Make lip scrub with honey METHOD
- The resulting article will have multiple methods like this: Make a Lip Scrub Note that in this example we modified the titles slightly because the first video was already shot and focused on both Sugar and Olive Oil so we some adjustments. Such adjustments are OK but the goal is to stick as close to the Google suggestions as possible because this is what people want to read about. We want to create content around user interest.
- 3Make sure to adhere to AdSense TOS.We feel Google has good judgement as to what is acceptable or not. Please read and familiarize yourself with google's adsense TOS.
- 4Shoot your video in LANDSCAPE mode.Portrait oriented videos are not supported well by VisiHow or YouTube. Your video will end up looking silly with giant black areas on each side. Definitely not the kind of quality we are looking for.
- 5Add the VisiHow watermark to your video.
- 6Ensure you have good lighting.A great video can lose its usefulness if it does not have good lighting. Take a look at this otherwise great video. The lighting is so low its hard to see what is being explained.
- 7Speak clearly.Remember - not only will other people watch your videos for help, but the VisiHow team will be writing your words down. You need to be understood.
- 8Rehearse and prepare your video and steps ahead.Especially if you are shooting a technical illustration video, make a list of short notes to help produce a flawless, free of errors video.
- 9Avoid using words or terms like "using this", "click here".Instead be more descriptive as saying "using Hitachi Dongle", "click on the third option labeled "TalkBack"". Later when your videos are transcribed, it will be understood clearly by our readers.
- 10Please do not record videos in higher than 720p.Most phones and cameras allow you to select the recording quality / resolution. Please be sure to adjust your video recording device to record no more than 720p
- 11All videos should be in mp4 formatAdvertisement
Questions and Answers
Could you tell me more about how to get started?
Hi, I am looking for more info about how to go about making an income creating videos for VisiHow but was not sure who to talk to or how to get started, could you help me please?
I would be happy to help you with this. If you like, we can arrange to speak about this opportunity. Please message me email@example.com AT&T: video creation.
I'm just browsing your site. I'm interested in producing videos, editing and transcribing them as well?
How much is the pay for each job?
I am happy to hear of your interest. If you would like more information, please feel free to message me. firstname.lastname@example.org and make it AT&T: video creation.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Author Help
Recent edits by: diepfontein, Colette Cole, sabreen