Make a Free Video Call with Skype on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Alexander Avdeev, piter, Eng and 6 others
Hello! Welcome to VisiHow! In this video, we are going to show you how to make a free Skype-to-Skype video call when using the Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Make a Free Video Call with Skype on Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Video call Icon not showing in my Lumia 535?
- 4.1 How can I use WhatsApp on Lumia 535?
- 4.2 How to make video call on Window phone Lumia 535?
- 4.3 There is no video call option in Skype?
- 4.4 I downloaded Facebook messenger on my Lumia, it doesn't display video call icon?
- 4.5 How to video chat in Skype on Windows phone?
- 4.6 I updated 535 to Windows 10 after making video calls through Skype, it's showing " camera already in use "but not working?
- 5 Comments
- 3Find the Skype tile on the home screen.In this example, Skype is pinned to the home screen. The tile has a blue background with the white Skype logotype, which is a white circle with a blue letter "S" in the middle. If the tile has not been pinned to the home screen, then swipe left to find it in the application menu.
- 8Locate the video call icon.It is the leftmost icon at the bottom the screen, it is in the blue bar, and it has an outline of a video camera inside of a white circle. If the icon is pressed, the Skype application will attempt to communicate with the other Skype application on any device of the person to whom the call is made. Skype will open up the video camera, and the Skype application is going to try to access the camera of the contact. In the video, it is possible that the person will not reply owing to his or her being busy, but an attempt will be made anyway so that the tutorial demonstrates how to make video calls.
- 9Tap the camera icon.The frontal camera will be active. The application will call the contact, which can be seen by the image at the top of the screen. The image has a pulsating profile photo and the "calling..." line. It is going to try to call the person. In the video, the contact did not answer. However, the process to go through in order to make a free Skype-to-Skype video call has been shown.
Video: Make a Free Video Call with Skype on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Video call Icon not showing in my Lumia 535?
My friend tried to make a video call to my no. in front of me, but video call option is not showing in my contact. Other contacts that exist in her contact list are showing video call Option. I am also unable to see the video call option in my Contacts of my phone. Only call button is present. We Both are Lumia 535 user. Please help, how can I start a video call?
Please try to perform the steps below.
- 1Open Skype.
- 2Delete your friend's number from Skype.
- 3Add your friend's Skype name (it should be a Skype name and not a telephone number).
- 4Ask your friend to read you, just in case, as a Skype name.He or she has to check if your name or number does not have a phone icon next to you. It should have a Skype icon.
How can I use WhatsApp on Lumia 535?
How can I use WhatsApp on Lumia 535, please tell me
You can learn how to install WhatsApp on your Nokia Lumia 535 by reading the VisiHow article titled Install WhatsApp to Microsoft Lumia 535. There is a video tutorial included in the contents on that page to assist you further.
How to make video call on Window phone Lumia 535?
I have no video call on my Window phone Lumia 535. Not even on Skype and Viber
Viber has updated their app to support video calls if you have Windows 8.1 or higher as the OS on your device. Update your OS and then update the Viber app. You will now be able to make a video call.
There is no video call option in Skype?
How can I make video call right now
Update your Skype. Then, you have to add your contacts using the Skype contact name not the phone number or Outlook account. If a user is added with a phone number, you will see a phone icon next to the name. You will not be able to call him or her. Also in Skype, press the menu button or tap the menu icon. Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and tap on "Settings". Scroll down to "Voice and video calls". "Enable video calling" should be turned on.
I downloaded Facebook messenger on my Lumia, it doesn't display video call icon?
I have downloaded Facebook messenger, my Lumia 535 doesn't display video call icon.. I have tried: I can send message, its OK, but can't find an icon of video or phone. I think it was caused by: I don't know
At the moment, Facebook Messenger for Windows Phones (Lumia 535 included) does not support video calls. A lot of people are waiting for the update to the Messenger on Windows Phones that will support video calls. You can come to the Messenger web page to leave your review and ask for a video-call feature.
How to video chat in Skype on Windows phone?
I am not able to video call in Skype, please help me on how to connect
You will need to upgrade your OS to Windows 8.1 or higher. Then uninstall and reinstall the Skype app. You will get the latest version that supports video calling.
I updated 535 to Windows 10 after making video calls through Skype, it's showing " camera already in use "but not working?
I update 535 to Windows 10 after making video calls through Skype, its showing " camera already in use "but not working. I have tried: I used Line, Skype, Viber, etc.
- 1Launch your Skype application.
- 2At the bottom of the screen, select the More option and go to Settings.
- 3Sign Out.You will also want to sign out of your Outlook account or Live email account.
- 4Then go on your PC and Sign out of Skype.Advertisement
When Skype was integrated into Windows 10, it caused a host of issues. For instance, I have to keep Skype signed out on my PC for my phone to be able to make video calls. I also have to sign out of my Outlook account before I make a video call. If you are still experiencing the Camera being used issue after these tips, install the app fresh again from the Windows Store.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: umesh yadav, albert quenette, VisiHow