Make a Cold Remedy Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Eng
Apple cider vinegar, also known as "ACV", is a basic mix of vinegar from apples and cider. It has the characteristic color of amber. It contains a lot of essential minerals and trace elements vital for a healthy body. These include calcium, chlorine, copper, fluorine, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, silicon, sodium, and sulfur. It is regarded as a highly effective natural bacteria-fighting agent to remedy illnesses. One beneficial use of ACV is for treatment of upper respiratory illnesses one of which is the common cold.
A typical application is through preparation of simple homemade drinks to soothe the ailing person or as an adjunct to other food recipes. Learn how to make a cold remedy using apple cider vinegar.
- 1 Preparations for a cold remedy
- 2 Fire cider
- 3 What are the side effects of apple cider vinegar?
- 4 Tips in buying ACV
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Referencing this Article
- 7 Comments
Preparations for a cold remedy
A drink to remedy cold, cough and sore throat
- 1 spoonful of apple cider vinegar
- 1 spoonful of honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of ginger, crushed
- Warm water
- 1Simply mix 1 spoonful of apple cider vinegar, 1 spoonful of honey and 1 tablespoon of warm water.Advertisement
- 2Add a little pounded ginger to the mixture to enhance its medicinal properties.Advertisement
- 3Drink 1 spoonful of this mixture three times a day for the relief of congestion, cough and puffy nose.
This is a pleasant, tasty mix of ACV with other ingredients
- ½ cup ginger root, freshly grated
- ½ cup organic horseradish root, freshly grated
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of organic garlic, crushed
- 2 organic jalapenos chopped
- 1 organic lemon, squeezed
- Sprig of fresh organic rosemary
- 1 tbsp. organic turmeric powder
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Raw local honey, to taste
- 1Put all the cold-remedy ingredients - roots, leaves and fruits - inside a 1-quart jar.Advertisement
- 2Pour in all the liquid ingredients and turmeric.
- 3Before closing the lid, cover the opening of the jar with parchment or wax paper.This prevents leaking of the ACV.
- 4Shake well.
- 5Store in a dark and cool location for about a month, but shake it every day.
- 6After 1 month, the preparation is ready for drinking.
- 7Strain the content using cheesecloth over a clean jar.Try to squeeze all the liquid from the pulp.
- 8Then add ¼ cup of honey and stir.You can add more for a sweeter taste.
Aside from this, you can include ACV on regular meals by many easy ways.
- Use ACV as a dressing for your salad.
- Use for making pickled fruits and vegetables.
- Use for marinating fish, beef, lamb and pork.
Adding this vinegar as a base ingredient in your marinade, in combination with assorted herbs and spices, not only improves flavor and tenderness of meat, but also supplies a variety of nutrients to the diet. This is a subtle way to make the person with colds take in the ACV.
What are the side effects of apple cider vinegar?
- 1Moderate use of ACV has no known side effects.However, regular intake of vinegars, acids and even lemon juice can cause a weakening of teeth enamel. The teeth appear yellowish and become intolerant to heat and cold. To avoid this, dilute the vinegar with water or add a dash of baking soda to decrease the level of acidity.Advertisement
- 2Too much ACV intake decreases blood potassium levels resulting to hypokalemia.It can also lead to low bone mineral density. Some people are allergic to apples, so they should avoid taking ACV. The ACV, if rubbed on the skin, may result in burning or scarring. Excessive dosage in animals results in damage of the stomach, liver and intestines.Advertisement
Tips in buying ACV
- ACV can be bought in almost any health or nutrition store, or through online shopping. Look for ACV with a pH level of 5-7. If you have difficulty taking it because of the strong sour taste, you can buy it in capsules. The capsule form removes the disagreeable sour taste that comes when you take it in the liquid form.
Can an apple a day really keep the doctor at bay? And what if it is an apple cider vinegar? It is for you to find out. The regime can be done in a jiffy. All it takes is to make a mix of 2 tablespoons of ACV and 2 tablespoons of honey in a glass of water. Try this and sigh with relief from cold.
Questions and Answers
Cold cure using apple cidar vinegar and lemon together?
Yes, you can make a cold cure using apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. You can also add other ingredients like garlic, onion, ginger, horseradish, rosemary, jalapenos, turmeric powder and honey to the apple cider vinegar and lemon to make it more effective relief for colds.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Cold Remedy Using Apple Cider Vinegar. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Cold_Remedy_Using_Apple_Cider_Vinegar
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Cold Remedy Using Apple Cider Vinegar." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Cold_Remedy_Using_Apple_Cider_Vinegar Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Cold Remedy Using Apple Cider Vinegar." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Cold_Remedy_Using_Apple_Cider_Vinegar.
Categories : Physical Health
Recent edits by: Lynn, Nerissa Avisado