Make a Coated Hot Ice Cream
Edited by Lister Jhan Dugho, Rebecca M., Eng
If you're stuck in a rut when it comes to deserts, you're not alone. It seems that your choices are somewhat limited unless you have hours to spend in the kitchen. If you are tired of serving the same pies and cakes for desert, but still want something quick and easy, hot ice cream might be your answer. Sometimes called deep fried ice cream, this desert is wonderfully easy and doesn't take long. Since it has to be prepare a few hours ahead of time, you can make it whenever you have the time and leave it in the freezer until you are ready to prepare it. Your friends and family will be amazed at your culinary skills, and only you have to know how easy it really was.
- 11 pint of Ice Cream(your favorite flavor).Advertisement
- 2Canola or corn oil for deep fryingAdvertisement
- 33 cups of bread crumbs
- 46 Egg whites.
- 51 cup of flour.
- 6A shallow dish or baking tray.
- 1Place your dish or baking tray into the freezer for several hours (or leave it overnight).Advertisement
- 2Place your egg whites in a bowl that is large enough for the ice cream scoops to fit easily.After your tray has chilled, place the bread crumbs and the flour in shallow dishes or plates.
- 3Using a large ice cream scoop, form baseball sized scoops of ice cream.
- 4Immediately after scooping the ice cream, roll it in the flour.
- 5Transfer it to the egg whites and submerge it completely.
- 6Allow any excess whites to drip off and then roll it in the bread crumbs making sure that the whole ball is well coated.
- 7Try to place them in the coldest part of the freezer because the more solid that they are, the better.Place each ball back on the chilled tray and return them to the freezer for at least 2 hours (overnight is even better.
- 8Once your ice cream is ready, place about 3 inches of oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until the temperature reaches 365 degrees F./185 C.
- 9Place once ice cream ball at a time into the hot oil and fry until evenly browned on all sides.
- 10Drain for a few seconds on a paper towel and serve with your favorite ice cream toppings.Advertisement
- Before you take off the ice cream from the freezer, heat the oil making sure that it is the correct temperature. If your oil isn't hot enough, the ice cream will melt before it browns.
- Try sprinkling the hot ice cream balls with cinnamon and sugar.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Coated Hot Ice Cream. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Coated_Hot_Ice_Cream
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Coated Hot Ice Cream." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Coated_Hot_Ice_Cream Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Coated Hot Ice Cream." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Coated_Hot_Ice_Cream.