Make a Christmas Wreath
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Robbi, Lynn, Eng and 2 others
In 1839, Johann Hinrich Wichern of Hamburg, used a wreath made from a cart wheel to educate the children about the meaning of Christmas. A wreath is an assortment of flowers, leaves, balls, fruits or twigs put together in order to form or resemble a ring, which nowadays are also used as Christmas decorations and commonly hang in the door or the entrance of a house, establishments or institutions during the Christmas season.
We can use any number of different things in making a Christmas wreath, but I will teach you how to make one kind of Christmas wreath. Below are the steps to be followed for this wreath.
- 1Gather all the things needed for making the Christmas wreath.Advertisement
- Floral wire (at least 10-12 yards)
- Stapler (optional)
- Christmas sock (optional)
- Glue, glue gun, or stick glue
- Christmas balls of different colors (must vary in size - small, medium and big balls)
- Metallic Christmas decoration
- Ivy leaves (two leaves)
- 2After gathering all the materials, start arranging the floral wire to form a ring where we will attach the different materials for making Christmas wreath.Make the ring durable and strong because all of the objects needed will be attached to it in making a wreath. Use more floral wire as much as possible in order to have a durable and strong brace.Advertisement
- 3After arranging the floral wire to form a ring, start gathering the Christmas balls, which should also be assorted in color.We need assorted Christmas balls to have a colorful Christmas wreath. Colorful things attracts a person. This will also add to the beauty appearance of our Christmas wreath.
- 4Start putting the Christmas balls around the floral wire until you have filled all the floral wire with Christmas balls using the thread.Tie the Christmas ball with the thread properly to avoid the Christmas ball removed from the thread. Tie also the thread on the floral wire properly. This is also to prevent the detachment of the thread from the floral wire.
- 5Get the metallic Christmas decoration and put it around the balls, starting from the center top, then going down and back to the center top.The purpose of the metallic Christmas decoration is to give more design to the Christmas wreath.
- 6Get the glue or the glue gun with stick glue and glue on the edge of the metallic Christmas decoration for it to be placed in a fixed manner.We need it to be put in a fixed manner to avoid it from being removed.
- 7Next, get the candle, tie it using the thread, and place it on the top center of the Christmas wreath, then leave it hanging in the center of the Christmas wreath.This would be a simple decoration of the Christmas wreath.
- 8After putting on the candle, get the ivy leaves and place them in a fixed manner in the center bottom of the Christmas wreath.The ivy leaves should be position where both of stalk meet in the center bottom of the wreath and the two edges is positioned away from the other. Split them into 90 degree angle.
- 9Lastly, get the ribbon and place it in a fixed manner using glue or the glue gun in the center bottom of the Christmas wreath.The ribbon should be placed on top of the wreath.
- 10After making your Christmas wreath, clean the working place and you are now ready to hang it.Best place to hang this is in the entrance.Advertisement
- If you want the balls to be held tightly in place, you can glue them on as well.
- The Christmas socks may be an alternative if you don't have a candle.
- Make your floral ring as sturdy as possible, so that your Christmas wreath will not be easily damaged.
Questions and Answers
What Things Can I Glue to a Wreath for Decorations?
A. You are limited only by your own imagination. Some of the things that you can glue to a Christmas wreath for decorations include:
- Wrapped individual candies - this makes it fun for visitors or kids to be able to remove a piece of candy during their visit.
- Dried flowers are some very special additions.
- Wheat sheaves, which are a symbol of plenty
- Silk flowers or dried roses are very Victorian and will add a touch of the rich and Victorian holiday.
- Small wooden ornaments like bears, owls or other country items will go well with a rough country Christmas theme.
- Small cars or train ornaments or tiny toys that are fun and unique.
- Pine cones. Wire the pine cones, twist it together, put the glue on the edges of the pine cone and put some glitter on the edges. Once it's completed attached holly to the tip of each pine cone.
- Pixilated ball or Christmas ball. Apply glue to the balls, attach the hot glued ball to the form and then the next layer until you finish it and form the Christmas ornament ball tree.
- Old book pages. Remove the pages, create a cone and tape it. Staple the cone and glue it to the paper to form a circle, then add the extra decorations in the center.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Christmas
Recent edits by: Graeme, Eng, Lynn