Make a Chignon Braid Bun
Edited by Saira, Lynn, Eulalee, Eng and 2 others
The chignon braid bun hairstyle has rapidly become popular among many celebrities across the globe. It's popular because it's a casual yet elegant hairdo. The chignon is easy to do and doesn't take much time. It is good to start with freshly shampooed hair. If your hair is naturally curly, it is recommended that you straighten it before doing the chignon braid bun. If your hair is straight, you don't have to do anything but wash and blow dry or air dry it, then brush it.
- 1Make a side part on the side you normally part your hair.Bring all the hair to one side of the shoulder, off the nape of the neck. Then, tie your hair with a hair tie right at the nape of the neck to make it secure and to prevent flyaways.Advertisement
- 2Braid the hair by separating it into three parts and braid by moving the right over the center part and then left over the center part and back and forth all the way down.Then tie it at the end once more. Wrap it up to the side in twists.Advertisement
- 3Another method is to make two braids and then twist them up together on the side of the neck.They can then be tucked in with bobby pins towards the inside so they remain hidden. If you want this hairstyle to last more than just a couple of hours, spray your hair with mousse or styling gel before styling. After completing the chignon, spray it with a good hairspray to keep the hair in place.
- 4To give it a messy effect, take a teasing comb and use the pointed end to push slightly inward in different parts of the chignon.Push in and pull out at a rapid pace. This will take out a few hairs, here and there, and give a messy look, if you're going to a causal rendezvous. However, this hairstyle can work well for your evening functions, as well. You can also take out a few strands of hair from the front to give it a softer, more elegant look, especially if your hair is more along the coarse side.
Refer to the photos below to see how your hair should look at each phase.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- After completing the do, you can add hair accessories such as a butterfly clip or even beads to give it a more party-friendly effect, or to match the dress and accessories you have donned.
- Either way, this lovely chignon will more than likely attract admiring glances.
What to Avoid When Making a Chignon Braid Bun
- 1Wet hair.Do not braid your hair while it is still wet. Not only will this make your braid a little bit flatter than normal, it can also cause headaches, especially if it's overall hot outside. You are basically trapping the heat of your body and that causes the headaches. It is ideal that you let your hair dry normally first before you actually braid. If you do not have much time to wait, you can blow dry it and leave it for about 5 minutes before braiding.Advertisement
- 2Extremely tight braids.When making braid buns, everyone wants it very neat, with all the hair tucked into it. Therefore, there is a tendency to actually make it too tight. However, if you do this, this can be very uncomfortable in the long run. It makes you prone to headaches and at the same time, it can damage or break your hair because of the constant pulling. Also, it can make your phone look stiff because the hair is completely pulled towards you back. This may not be flattering, especially if you have a big face.
- 3Dirty hair.Do not do a braid bun with dirty hair. Make sure that you have properly shampooed and conditioned your hair prior to this. If not, you are creating a good breeding ground for lice because your hair and scalp will be very warm and they have dirt to feed on. Keep your hair clean and healthy by practicing the proper routine with your hair. Also, if you do this, your hair may smell rather bad which of course you would not want, especially if you are attending a special occasion.
- 4Pointy or tight hair accessories.You can definitely further accessorize a braid bun by adding in accessories such as pins, ribbons, and even headband. However, avoid using those which are rather heavy and pointy, as those will eventually tear apart your braid bun. It would be difficult to retouch or repair it in the middle of the day so you would like to avoid destroying it as much as possible.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Eng, Eulalee