Make a Chignon Braid Bun
Edited by Saira, Lynn, Eulalee, Eng and 1 other
The chignon braid bun hairstyle has rapidly become popular among many celebrities across the globe. It's popular because it's a casual yet elegant hairdo. The chignon is easy to do and doesn't take much time. It is good to start with freshly shampooed hair. If your hair is naturally curly, it is recommended that you straighten it before doing the chignon braid bun. If your hair is straight, you don't have to do anything but wash and blow dry or air dry it, then brush it.
- 1Bring all the hair to one side of the shoulder, off the nape of the neck. Then, tie your hair with a hair tie right at the nape of the neck to make it secure and to prevent flyaways.Make a side part on the side you normally part your hair.Advertisement
- 2Then tie it at the end once more. Wrap it up to the side in twists.Braid the hair by separating it into three parts and braid by moving the right over the center part and then left over the center part and back and forth all the way down.Advertisement
- 3They can then be tucked in with bobby pins towards the inside so they remain hidden. If you want this hairstyle to last more than just a couple of hours, spray your hair with mousse or styling gel before styling. After completing the chignon, spray it with a good hairspray to keep the hair in place.Another method is to make two braids and then twist them up together on the side of the neck.
- 4Push in and pull out at a rapid pace. This will take out a few hairs, here and there, and give a messy look, if you're going to a causal rendezvous. However, this hairstyle can work well for your evening functions, as well. You can also take out a few strands of hair from the front to give it a softer, more elegant look, especially if your hair is more along the coarse side.To give it a messy effect, take a teasing comb and use the pointed end to push slightly inward in different parts of the chignon.
Refer to the photos below to see how your hair should look at each phase.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- After completing the do, you can add hair accessories such as a butterfly clip or even beads to give it a more party-friendly effect, or to match the dress and accessories you have donned.
- Either way, this lovely chignon will more than likely attract admiring glances.
What to Avoid When Making a Chignon Braid Bun
- 1Do not braid your hair while it is still wet. Not only will this make your braid a little bit flatter than normal, it can also cause headaches, especially if it's overall hot outside. You are basically trapping the heat of your body and that causes the headaches. It is ideal that you let your hair dry normally first before you actually braid. If you do not have much time to wait, you can blow dry it and leave it for about 5 minutes before braiding.Wet hair.Advertisement
- 2When making braid buns, everyone wants it very neat, with all the hair tucked into it. Therefore, there is a tendency to actually make it too tight. However, if you do this, this can be very uncomfortable in the long run. It makes you prone to headaches and at the same time, it can damage or break your hair because of the constant pulling. Also, it can make your phone look stiff because the hair is completely pulled towards you back. This may not be flattering, especially if you have a big face.Extremely tight braids.
- 3Do not do a braid bun with dirty hair. Make sure that you have properly shampooed and conditioned your hair prior to this. If not, you are creating a good breeding ground for lice because your hair and scalp will be very warm and they have dirt to feed on. Keep your hair clean and healthy by practicing the proper routine with your hair. Also, if you do this, your hair may smell rather bad which of course you would not want, especially if you are attending a special occasion.Dirty hair.
- 4You can definitely further accessorize a braid bun by adding in accessories such as pins, ribbons, and even headband. However, avoid using those which are rather heavy and pointy, as those will eventually tear apart your braid bun. It would be difficult to retouch or repair it in the middle of the day so you would like to avoid destroying it as much as possible.Pointy or tight hair accessories.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Chignon Braid Bun. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Chignon_Braid_Bun
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Chignon Braid Bun." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Chignon_Braid_Bun Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Chignon Braid Bun." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Chignon_Braid_Bun.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Eng, Eulalee, Lynn