Make a Bathroom Vanity Out of Repurposed Dresser
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Joely, Lynn and 2 others
Want to make your bathroom more attractive and glamorous. Consider repurposing an old dresser to bring some glamour to your bathroom.
- 1Gather the things needed.Advertisement
- Old dresser
- Plywood sheets (may vary on how many layers you will make)
- 1 x 1 boards (may vary on how many layers you will make)
- Variety of nails (large or small)
- Paint or polish (depending on the finish you prefer)
- Ruler or tape measure
- Cloth or towel (to use for cleaning the cabinet)
- 2Choose an area in the bathroom where you will place the dresser.Advertisement
- 3Clean the area where the dresser will be placed.
- 4Clean the cabinet using the cloth or towel by soaking it in water and squeezing out the excess.
- 5Take the pencil and the tape measure and mark the spot where you will be placing the plywood on the dresser.
- 6Be sure that the spacing of your layers does not slant.
- 7Take the hammer and nails and start placing the 1 x 1 planks of wood on the marked places on the dresser.
- 8After placing the wood, next attach the plywood in a fixed manner to the 1 x 1 boards until you finish placing all that is needed.
- 9Clean the dresser again.
- 10After cleaning, paint it or polish it.
- 11Wait until the paint or polish is dry.
- 12Place your finished product in your designated place.Advertisement
Questions and answers
Finishing touches to use for a re-purposed bathroom dresser?
One way to add finishing touches for the DIY bathroom dresser is by adding more personality to it and taking measures to make it last longer. Either way, choose to add finishing touches that will represent one's personal taste. Some ideas are listed below, but all of these are optional. If you've decided to repurpose your dresser, then you have to make the most out of it by making it as personal and unique as possible. Finish it with a touch that's uniquely your taste and preference and you're sure to love that repurposed bathroom dresser for life.
- Varnish. The varnish is a transparent, hard, protective film used in finishing wood materials. It's one way to help make the re-purposed bathroom dresser resistant to water in order to make it last longer. Colored varnishes are available in stores depending of the type of wood being painted on.
- Mirrors. A repurposed bathroom dresser won't be complete without the mirror, it's one of the main reason why it's a good choice to use your bathroom dresser. The mirror is a must have for every bathroom vanity.
- Scented Candles. Adding a scented candle is one way to set the mood for your bathroom. Scented candles always go great with any type of bathroom setting or theme.
- Lamp. Depending on the theme for the bathroom, the type of lamp to be used is essential to accentuate every bathroom. Good lighting means a good reflection, and a good reflection makes one feel better the whole day. Lamps are a great way to add more lighting and beauty for a bathroom dresser.
- Beauty Essential Set. Men and women both have beauty essentials that need to be placed for easy access, and that should be placed to decorate the vanity dresser that has been made.
- Towel Hanger. Functionality is one of the factors that makes a repurposed bathroom dresser special. The towel hanger is perfect when placed on the side, so it serves its purpose for functionality and aesthetics of design.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Bathroom Vanity Out of Repurposed Dresser. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Bathroom_Vanity_Out_of_Repurposed_Dresser
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Bathroom Vanity Out of Repurposed Dresser." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Bathroom_Vanity_Out_of_Repurposed_Dresser Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Bathroom Vanity Out of Repurposed Dresser." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Bathroom_Vanity_Out_of_Repurposed_Dresser.
Categories : Repurposing Crafts
Recent edits by: Robbi, Lynn, Joely