Make Your Own Sash
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, estrella sacragon, Robbi and 13 others
A sash is a large colorful ribbon designed to be worn around the body from the left shoulder diagonally down to the right hip. It may also be placed starting from the right shoulder diagonally down to the left hip. It is also worn around the hips like a belt. The sash worn on the hips is often used in uniforms, ethnic attire or costumes. During events that include ceremonial awards, a sash is also provided and worn like a necklace - around the neck and the ribbon goes as low as the stomach level.
A sash is also a way of expressing gratitude to another person. Most of the recipients of the sash worn as a necklace are high-ranking officials, athletes, and academic achievers. It is also used in awarding the winners of different contests like beauty pageants such as Miss World, Miss Universe, and Miss USA.
- 1 Sash Placed Starting From Shoulder To Hips
- 2 Steps
- 3 Sash Used As A Pendant Necklace
- 4 Steps
- 5 Sash Used As A Belt
- 6 Dos and Don'ts
- 7 How to make your Own Sash: Sashes are not only for Beauty Queens, they are also for Bachelorette Parties
- 8 Tips
9 Questions and Answers
- 9.1 Where can I buy neck ribbons and sashes for military?
- 9.2 Can a good looking sash made out of ribbon for a boy?
- 9.3 I have a problem regarding Sash Material?
- 9.4 I want to make a sash with the words "SRUTHI, India, MISS UNIVERSE.
- 9.5 How can I make a sash for my pageant?
- 9.6 Yes, I'm entering a pageant, what and how should I make a beautiful sash?
- 9.7 I want to make a sash for a co worker.
- 9.8 How can I make a homecoming sash?
- 9.9 How to round lines in a small ball?
- 9.10 How do I make a sash pin out of a plastic gear or nut?
- 9.11 How do I make beautiful sashes for my sisters weekend with my sisters?
- 9.12 How do you cut sash to form v on ends?
- 9.13 How to put the words Happy Birthday on an inexpensive ribbon for a birthday sash?
- 9.14 How can I make a waist sash for a 1920s Robe de Style dress?
- 10 Comments
Sash Placed Starting From Shoulder To Hips
- 12-4 inches in width and at least 1 meter in length. To determine the width, measure what you are going to add to the sash. The length of which should be at least 1 meter since the sash will be worn from shoulder to hips, which requires enough length to reach the hips. Adjust the measurements to the person who will be wearing the sash. Cloth may be an alternative if you don't have enough ribbon or lace. Choose colors that are gender neutral for events involving both genders, rather than making one feminine and one masculine.Ribbon.Advertisement
- 2Pencil will be used to put the caption or title onto the sash. A pencil is advisable as it will not be visible when applied.Pencil.Advertisement
- 3Depending on the event you are making the sash for, glitter is a great way to make the sash stand out, especially under stage lights or in a dark room. You also can use glitter to outline letters and words on the sash.Glitter.
- 4Glue is needed to affix the glitter and letters to avoid them from falling off.Glue.
- 5Pins will be used in placing the sash on clothing secure at the top of the shoulder and on the hips.Pins.
- 1Make sure the lace is the same length as the ribbon, and that there is no puckering.Measure the ribbon and if you are adding lace, you will measure this as well.Advertisement
- 2The draft of the wording should be accurate to avoid mistakes. You can trace and cut letters out of material like satin or felt. Many craft stores have pre-cut letters you can use for a sash. The wording should be in the middle of the sash, without overlapping. If applying the wording from different cloth, make sure to still use the pencil to make little notation marks for proper spacing.Start tracing out letters and putting the caption onto the ribbon, using the pencil.
- 3Be sure that you have enough glue to complete the outline. If you want a variety of colors applied on your sash, you can mix up colors proportionally.Get the glitter and trace your pencil outlines with the glue.