Make Your Own Natural Remedy to Remove Facial Hair
Edited by Jmgf, Lynn, Maria Sharon Ubando, Doug Collins and 2 others
Unwanted facial hair, or the presence of a "femstache" can be a disastrous situation for some woman. The excessive growth of facial hair on women might be a symptom of hormonal imbalance, thyroid dysfunction or a hereditary genetic disorder.
Thankfully, issues regarding unwanted hair can be easily addressed when you have the right ingredients. Yes, you can make this at home! No need to go to expensive salons to remove that unwanted hair on your face. With the right ingredients you're on your way to a hair free beautiful face!
A "femstache" is the slang for an excessively hairy upper lip on a woman. There are various reasons for the usually, unwanted hair.
- Excess production of the male hormone
- Can be a symptom of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Hereditary and genetic patterns
Removing Facial Hair Naturally
Below you will find several natural methods for removing unwanted hair.
Lemon Honey Wax
The combination of honey and lemon is great for maintaining your skin's moisture, despite the process of hair removal. The consistent use of this wax helps reduce the re-growth of hair, while giving your skin a natural glow. Because this method removes hair at the roots, if continued over a period of time, you might cause enough damage to the hair follicle to alleviate the problem permanently.
- 1Put 250 ml of honey into a medium sized pan.Advertisement
- 2Add 250 ml of granulated sugar (preferably brown).Advertisement
- 3Add ½ cup lemon juice.
- 4Mix them together.
- 5Melt the wax mixture over a low heat until the texture becomes like melted caramel.
- 6Let the wax cool before using it.
- 7Apply a thick amount on the areas with excessive hair growth.
- 8Leave on for 20 minutes, and remove with a warm washcloth.
- 9To use again at a later date, refrigerate the wax to in a sealed container to preserve the texture.
Another alternative to the lemon honey wax is the use of milk as a facial pack. It helps to curb the growth of unwanted hair on your face and body, and helps lighten the skin as well.
- 1of Besan or gram flour into a bowl.Put 2 tbsp.
- 2of fresh milk.Add 1 ½ tbsp.
- 3of Lemon juice.Add 1 tsp.
- 4of turmeric powder.Add ¼ tsp.
- 5Mix them until the mixture achieves a thick consistency.
- 6Apply evenly on areas you want to address.
- 7Massage with both a circular motion, and against the direction the hair grows.
- 8Consistent use of this mixture works to thin the hair and curbs re-growth.
Corn Flour Pack
- 1of corn flour.In a bowl, put half a tsp.
- 2of sugar.Add one tsp.
- 3Add one egg.
- 4Blend the mixture thoroughly until it becomes a sticky paste.
- 5Apply this to your face.
Green Gram Pack
This pack is beneficial for controlling the excessive growth of facial hair. The bonus - it's also a very good cleanser for sensitive and acne-prone skin. PREPARATION
- 1of green gram powder into a bowl.Place 2 tbsp.
- 2Add 1 ½ tbsp of rose water.
- 3of lemon juice.Add 1 tsp.
- 4Make a thick paste out of the mixture.
- 5Apply the mixture over the targeted areas until the mixture becomes semi-dry.
- 6Gently roll and scrub over in the opposite direction of the growth of the hair.
- Leave for a few minutes, then rinse off.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that the area you wish to wax/remove hair from is completely dry. Apply baby powder on the area to absorb all the moisture from the skin. The drier the area is, the easier it is to wax and remove the unwanted hair.
- Never shave facial hair. It encourages more growth, and when the hair grows back, it grows in at the same time, making it more noticeable.
- Use petroleum jelly to act as a salve for your skin after tweezing the hair.
- If there is still an excessive growth of facial hair, consult your doctor.
Questions and Answers
How to remove a femstashe?
While some aren't bothered by their femstache (female mustache), it seems to be a big deal for others. If having it bothers you and lowers your self-esteem, here are some alternative methods to get rid of them:
- Bleaching. There are many manufacturers of facial-hair bleach that lighten the mustache. These are good for finer, lighter hair, and won't have the desired effect on dark hair, or thick hair. Make sure to purchase one of these products that is FDA approved.
- Hair waxing. Wax is another OTC product that you may want to opt for. Be sure to follow all the instructions to achieve the desired effect.
- Depilatory creams. This is a no-pain femstashe removal. These creams basically dissolve the hair.
- Electrolysis or laser hair removal. When you've run out of do-it-yourself methods, and nothing has really worked, you might want to consider laser hair removal. If you do this, make sure to go to a certified practitioner for safe removal.
Recent edits by: Eng, Doug Collins, Maria Sharon Ubando