Make Your Own Makeup Remover Towelette Using Coconut Oil
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Robbi, Lynn
Women love make up! Putting our make up on is a very important part of our daily routine and is what makes our look complete. On the other hand, it is essential that we make sure to clean our faces after a day of wearing our make up because whether we like it or not, our faces also accumulate dirt, dust and sweat that cause bacteria. We therefore should give our faces a break when cleaning them up since we already had different make up formulas during the day. It may be tempting to grab face cleaning products in the drugstore, but the natural way is always the best.
Why coconut oil for removing make up?
Coconut has been known for it health and beauty benefits for a very long time. It is arguably the most effective natural oil in removing even the most high tech and stubborn make up. Some even say that it is a "miracle worker" when it comes to removing make ups. It removes heavy eye make ups like waterproof mascara, eyeliners and eyeshadows very well without hurting the sensitive skin on the area of your eyes. Coconut oil has fatty acids that lock in moisture in the skin and help it stay hydrated, which also prevents wrinkles.
Make your own make up remover towelettes
- 1Things you needAdvertisement
- A container that fits 1/3 of a paper towel roll (or half of it if you desire)
- 1 roll of paper towel
- 2 cups of purified water
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (you can get them from food/health stores)
- 1 pump of a gentle face wash
- Cut your paper towel into three parts (or two if you desire).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pot and boil them to blend all the ingredients, since water and oil don't blend easily. Once it boils, remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Put one part of the paper towel into the container and pour 1/3 of the mixture on it. Make sure that the mixture is really clean so your towelettes will smell fresh. Once the mixture is absorbed by the paper towel, you can now gently remove the cardboard in the middle before covering it. You now have your homemade make up remover!
- If you already have oily skin, you can reduce the amount of coconut oil in the mixture to avoid your face becoming greasy.
- Coconut oil is generally safe and harmless, but if irritation occurs on your skin, stop using it and consult your dermatologist.
- You can use baby shampoo or liquid soap as an alternative for face wash in the mixture. If it's gentle enough for babies, it will usually be gentle on your skin too!
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Your Own Makeup Remover Towelette Using Coconut Oil. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Your_Own_Makeup_Remover_Towelette_Using_Coconut_Oil
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Your Own Makeup Remover Towelette Using Coconut Oil." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Your_Own_Makeup_Remover_Towelette_Using_Coconut_Oil Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Your Own Makeup Remover Towelette Using Coconut Oil." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Your_Own_Makeup_Remover_Towelette_Using_Coconut_Oil.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Robbi, Geraldin Carniyan