Make Your Own Dog Toys from Inexpensive Materials
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Lynn, Jen M, Eng
If you're an avid dog lover and a devoted dog owner, then you know that dog toys can be expensive. Dog toys are usually made of durable materials that can withstand your dog's biting, shaking, and chewing. Examine the dog toys that you already have. Check out the materials used to make them. You can most certainly make your own dog toys from inexpensive materials. All you have to do is figure out the design and be creative about it. Have you looked inside your closet lately? Many materials are gentle yet durable — perfect for making dog toys. Your dogs deserve to have only the best from you. Their toys don't have to be store bought. There is no item that gives more love to your furry friend than a homemade dog toy. The love that comes with the toy is what really counts. It is passed onto your dog because you made it. It will definitely make your bond stronger if you make the dog toys yourself. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and share the love!
How to Make Your Own Dog Toys Using Inexpensive Materials
The best dog toys are all that you think about when you have a furry kid of your own. They have to be entertaining and durable so that your dog won't make toys out of your clothes, gadgets, or shoes. You could just make your way to the local pet store and look at the sales they have on dog toys. On the other hand, you could make your own dog toys through the following inexpensive techniques:
- 1Gather your materials.Advertisement
- 2Start making your homemade dog toys.Advertisement
- Old socks.
- You can get your old socks and place a plastic bottle inside them.
- You can then place a knot at the open end of the socks.
- Dip the old socks in juice to add flavor to them. You can even place the socks in the freezer and bring them out for hydration and cooling.
- 1Find an old sand box and fill it with sand.Advertisement
- 2Bury treats or toys in the sand.
- 3Invite your dog to dig.
- 1Find old PVC pipes to weave poles.
- 2Hang old tires to create jumping obstacles for your dog.
- 3Just make sure to adjust everything based on your dog's height.
Tennis Ball Tug Toy
- 1Get an old sock, a rope, and a tennis ball.
- 2Place the ball inside the sock.
- 3Tie the rope at the sock's opening.
Fleece Dog Tug Toy
- 1Get several strips of fleece, 3 ¼ yards each.They should be different colors.
- 2Make the strips bigger if your dog is big.
- 3Stack the strips together.
- 4Wrap the rubber bands about 4-5 inches from the edge of the fleece.Advertisement
- Inform your vet about the dog toy projects you want to make, and ask about their safety.
- Supervise your dog's playtime with the homemade toys you just made.
- Clean up after your dog's chewing to make sure no bits or pieces are swallowed.
- Contact your vet if you notice any surprising behavioral changes.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Dogs
Recent edits by: Jen M, Lynn, Mian Sheilette Ong