Make Your Own Christmas Cards
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Robbi, Olivia and 7 others
Christmas is a season where people everyone share their blessings and show their love and affection to their neighbors, friends and family. It is also the season of giving without wanting something in return. This is seen in exchange of gifts and greetings during the Holiday season.
- 1 Various Greeting Card Ideas
- 2 How to Make Your Own Christmas Cards
- 3 Creating Your Christmas Cards
- 4 Maximizing Your Scrapbooking Supplies
- 5 Gift Tags
- 6 Dos And Don'ts When Making Your Own Christmas Cards
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Comments
Various Greeting Card Ideas
One of the most inexpensive ways of celebrating the spirit of Christmas is by giving home baked cookies and other goodies, along with a greeting card, to people you love and share a mutual affection with. This is especially true when you live too far away to visit over the holidays. It's a kind and genuine way to show people you are thinking of them over the holidays. To give a greeting card and sign your name is something so simple, but the timely traditional sends the message that you care.
With the advent of electronic mail, it is so much more thoughtful, and sentimental, to receive a card that was personally picked and hand-written. But best of all - is to receive a card that was handmade especially for you. It's funny, but sometimes the things people write in cards to those who are far away, and those who are close - are the most truthful and emotional things they ever say to those people. Perhaps it's easier to express your affection for the people you love in writing...so get out that pen!
Purchase and Personalize
There are various kinds of cards you can purchase. Find the one that suits you the best. Make sure you read the greeting inside, as it should reflect your sentiments.
- 1A great picture on the front, and exactly the right words on the inside. You read the card in the store, and the sentiment is exactly what you feel, and what you would have said had you been a better poet.Everything.Advertisement
- 2These have a wonderful picture on the front, but the inside is blank, allowing you to create your own message. Order blank cards from a store and print your own message on your computer. The message might be the same in all the cards, or different for each person.Blank Cards.Advertisement
- Order blank cards, and take them to a printer and have them print them up professionally - with a beautiful font.
- Order blank cards online, from a site like Vistaprint, and have them personalize cards for you.
- 3What fun to take a picture of your family by the fireplace, and make personalized greeting cards from the picture. There are many ways you can do this.Photo Cards.
- Design and print them yourself using photo paper and your computer.
- Many printers have templates for this. Check their websites first.
- Ordering them from a site like Vistaprint is really easy. Go to their website, and they walk you through the steps. Make sure you look for a coupon, and save yourself some money.
- Use a great photo of your family.
- A photo of you and your husband and the dog, if you don't have children.
- Look through your old photos, and perhaps for your family, you can use a photo of a family Christmas from your childhood.
- If you're a bit camera shy, you might want to put a big red bow on your dog or cat, and use that photo.
- Share your vacation. Perhaps over the past year, you've taken a vacation in an exotic place, a local landmark, or a country overseas. You may not want to include a family photo, instead, you might want to include a photo on your card from your holiday. Go through the photos and choose a picture you're particularly fond of, or better yes, choose several photos and give different cards to different people, or a different card for every person you plan on sending cards to.
Personalized and Homemade
When someone sends you a personalized, homemade greeting card, it warms your heart and makes you feel special and very loved. Maybe you should take the time to make your own greeting cards, so you can make your loved ones feel that as well. The card may include:
- A few photos of happy moments you and the recipient have had together, bringing back beautiful memories.
- A few photos catching your family and friends up with what's been going on in your life over the past year. Pictures of your kids, pets, vacations and accomplishments are all appropriate to include with your card.
- A letter you've printed on your computer that you include with every card. This is a detailed summary of all the wonderful things you've experienced in the past year. You can include photos and fun pictures in the letter.
How to Make Your Own Christmas Cards
Whatever you plan to do with your homemade greeting cards, it's wise to assemble all the things you need before you sit down to create your magical greeting cards.
- 3You could cover the folder with wrapping paper, and then glue a photo, or other design onto it.
- 6Glue.jpg|left|177px]] This is the best way to stick wonderful things to your cards.Glue, glue gun, and paste.
- 7Glitter, Christmas ornaments, accessories and symbols.
- Glitter to add sparkle.
- Photos for sentimental reasons.
- Christmas pictures from magazines to make it pretty.
- Leafs to make a natural scene.
- Small battery-operated LED lights to bring more fun to the card.
- Beads. You can also put these tiny LED lights in the holes of beads to make your card more unique.
- Ribbons and Lace will make your card romantic.
Creating Your Christmas Cards
Whatever you do, try to make the card as special as the person you are giving it to.