Make Your Own Christmas Cards
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Anonymous, Robbi and 6 others
Christmas is a season where everyone shares their blessings and shows their love and affection to their neighbors, friends and families. It is also the season of giving without wanting something in return.
This is seen in exchange of gifts and greetings during the Holiday season. One of the most inexpensive ways of partaking in the spirit of Christmas is to give food and enclosed with greeting cards. People whom you share mutual love and affection may be too far to go and visit, thus to show that you remembered them, you send gifts and cards to show. To give a greeting card and sign your name is something so traditional, but it gives out the message that you do care and love them.
Greeting cards are usually given to loved ones during the Christmas season. With the advent of electronic mail, it is surprising and touching that you will receive one that was personally picked and hand-written. It is heartwarming to see a hand-written and personal message that one puts in the card.
If you don't visit your parents often, you can express your affection to them by telling it all in a greeting card, what you want to tell them and your wishes for them. It is also one way of expressing your feelings for someone you like very much. It is one great tool for introducing yourself or anonymously expressing your hidden affection for that person.
Greeting cards, like Christmas cards come in varied forms.
- 1 Purchase and Personalize
- 2 Personalized and Homemade
- 3 Materials
- 4 How to Make Your Own Christmas Cards
- 5 Maximizing the Scrapbooking Supplies
- 6 Do's and Don'ts in making Christmas card
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Comments
Purchase and Personalize
These are those cards that you buy with no messages on it and have it personalized by printing on it through the use of the computer and printer. You can buy it in bulk and bring them home to do it yourself or have it made by ordering from stores that offer such services. Some people ordered to have their photos, like their family photos as greeting cards. It usually comes in rectangular forms with the message printed on the side. Some people opt to buy a greeting card, bring them and do the layout themselves.
Personalized and Homemade
When someone send you a personalized and homemade greeting or Christmas card, how will that make you feel? You can think a number of words that will describe how you feel, but surely, the word "special" will tag along.
When someone gives you a customized and homemade greeting card, it warms your heart. It may include a few photos of the happiest moments you and the recipient have had together bringing memories along with it as she opens the card. A nice touch, wouldn't you say? Before you run and get busy with your customized Christmas greeting card, it would be best to gather and pick up all the materials that you will need. This way, you won't get discouraged when you see how easy buying a pre made one is.
- 3Coloring materials.
- 6Glitters, Christmas ornaments, accessories and symbols.
How to Make Your Own Christmas Cards
- 1Get the folder and colored paper.Measure the desired size of your Christmas greeting card. Mark it with your pencil and cut accordingly. You can make a small flower, square, circle, triangle, stars and more. Attach the colored paper of your choice in the folder using the glue or paste. You may also use another colored paper inside the board paper or folder.Advertisement
- 5Before the glue cools down, sprinkle glitter dusts on the glue outline.This will emphasize the Christmas tree. After it's done, you can now start decorating the Christmas tree with the small ornaments that you have like colored buttons, ribbons from a gift you received and other mementos that will help bring back the good old times for the recipient of the card.
- 6Use a color pencil or colors in writing "Merry Christmas" on the front center of the Christmas card.Try to write it artistically or have someone make a trace for you to follow. Always use pencil first in tracing to avoid repeating all over again and wasting your time. You can either add glitters on the wordings or draw a candle and attach the small LED lights as candle lights. It is purely up to your imagination.
Making your own Christmas cards is simple. You can decorate it whatever way you want. You can also choose your own design, shape and color. The key is finding the time and using creativity to make the Christmas greeting card as special as the person who will be receiving it.
Maximizing the Scrapbooking Supplies
Don't throw away those old scrapbooking supplies. For several DIY enthusiasts, these supplies are perfect materials for making Christmas cards.
- 1Merry Christmas Card.In order to craft this Christmas card, you should cut out stamped letters, which form the word MERRY. Then, the stamped letters need to be pasted on red paper (depending on your preferred type of paper), which is on top of a green paper. To finish this card, cut out another set of stamped letters, this time the letters to form the word Christmas. You can also embellish the card with a couple of grass green brads and velvet rick rack.Advertisement
- 2Who says pink is not appropriate during Christmas season?As a matter of fact, it is an ideal color. You can use a rose and celery color palette. Using any kind of printer, you can place a Christmas inspired image at the center, and then wrap the card with a thin pink ribbon, or any color that will go well with the card's color. You may opt to finish it with a cute tiny button on the bottom of the card.
- 3Another simple yet excellent way of making a Christmas card is to pick a paper with Christmas inspired color, fold it, and finish it with a variety of accents.You can also use Christmas inspired stickers. Then three simple, yet enticing, jewels should be pasted on to complement the theme, shape, and style of the card.
- 4One excellent idea of creating a Christmas card is using bright ruby rhinestones, white ribbon, and winter-white embossing powder.You should choose a paper that will go well with the embellishments.
Do's and Don'ts in making Christmas card
- 1Do not over decorate your Christmas card.Over decoration may beat the purpose of your greeting card - that is, to wish the recipient a merry and joyful Christmas. You made the Christmas card not to impress the recipient, did you?
- 2Work around on the colors of Christmas - red, green, gold, silver, blue to avoid mismatched color combinations.If you can, ask others' opinion on colors if you are not sure.
- 3Use beads on your Christmas card sparingly.Make sure that if you're going to use beads, they are attached to the card securely. It won't create much of an impact if before the recipient opens the card, a few of the card designs have fallen off.
- 4Work in a safe area, away where children will come and get a hold of the materials that you use.Make sure that sharp objects are not within their reach, should you work alongside toddlers and infants.
- 5Read the instructions on the use of glue gun and glue stick.Most melted glue sticks dry faster. It is important that your materials are ready when using glue sticks as paste. If not, the melted glue will harden long before you have attached an ornament or two.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How to make melted wax Christmas cards?
Making homemade Christmas cards from melted wax is actually a little easy. It could be messy, but if you carefully work on it, it would be worth your time and effort. Be sure that you have the pattern that you really want. It is suggested that you make use of thick card boards. If you are working with kids, ensure safety too in the process needs some heat and melting that could cause minor burns. Here's how you can do it:
- melt some chunks of crayons (your color preferences)
- before it cools down, pour the melted wax on your pattern.
- You can make use a spoon to pour it into your pattern.
- do not touch it while cooling down so you won't mess it up.
- Just pour in enough amount of wax so it would not be too heavy. Too thick wax easily breaks.
First of all, you have to create a mold tray which will allow you to mold the candle wax. You can have this done if you have particular specifications for your Christmas card. If you go to arts and crafts shops, you may be able to find a ready made mold tray during Christmas time. In other times of the year, it may be more difficult to find.
Also, the first thing to do is choose the color of the wax that you are going to use. Once you have decided, you have to line up your mold tray with some oil so that you can lift it up without breaking the entire mold.
While the mold is still a bit hot and soft, you may want to engrave your message into it. When it hardens, your message will also stay there and the letter won't get deformed.
Making Christmas cards using metallic card?
Creativity is very important when you prefer to make homemade cards. Just make cut outs of the designs that you would like to put in your card. it could be poinsettia, Christmas sock or letter cuttings. Make use of strong hold glue when you pasting your cutouts on the card.
Here are the ways to make a Christmas card using a metallic card:
- You can make many Christmas balls through metallic card by tracing a small circle on the metallic card and cut it. You can also use a puncher to have a same size of Christmas balls. When you have the Christmas balls made from metallic cards, you can paste it on the Christmas tree of the card.
- You can also make a Christmas tree through metallic card by tracing a Christmas tree on the metallic card and cut it. When you have the Christmas Tree made from metallic card you can paste it on the card and add some decoration on it.
- You can also make a wordings by writing letters on the metallic card like "MERRY Christmas" and cut each letter. When you have the word, paste it on the card.
You can also draw/trace any Christmas symbol on it and cut it and paste on the Christmas card. Just use your imagination and creativity to have a unique Christmas card.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, estrella sacragon