Make Your Own Beats
Edited by Ronald Disney Magat, Lynn, Jmgf, Eng
Many of us want to learn how to play music, but few of us want to learn it the technical way, especially the notes and beats required to make it sound lovely and good to the ears. As we all know, one of the major parts of the music is the beat. All good music needs to have a good beat for it to be rhythmic. This article will share us points on how to construct beats made by you.
- 2Always be resourceful. Always look for possible materials and areas you can use to practice your beats. That's one of the most helpful ways in developing different kinds of unique beats. An example of material you could use is chopsticks. Its solidity makes it bounce on hard surfaces like marble floor, tiles, cement floors and hardwood. You could try doing different beats as the surfaces act as the bouncy snare of a drum. This could develop your speed control and creativity in making your own beat.LOOK for possible materials and areas where you could practice your rhythmic skills.Advertisement
- 3LISTEN to possible music with simple drumbeats or no drumbeats at all
- 4Examples of music with simple beats are acoustic songs and music using strings like violins and guitars, accompanied by a piano only. We could create different beats using those materials by using our imagination. It may be a fast beat as long as it is within the rhythm of the music.This way, you could create and imagine beats inside your mind and immediately make beats.
- 5Sometimes, while practicing your rhythms, unexpected beats play inside your head. You need to let it out immediately by playing it using your mouth. You've heard of beat boxing, right? That is one of the ways of interpreting the music inside your mind. While doing that, try recording the outcome of your beats for future use. Unexpected music in your head only uses short term memory sometimes and recording it is a very helpful way in collecting beats made by you.Plus, KEEP unexpected beats created inside your mind.
- 6After doing all the steps above, it's time for you to put everything piece by piece. And start creating your own beat suited for different music. A fast beat in slow music sometimes create an R&B mood or hip-hop mood as long as you stay in the pattern of the rhythm. Play with all the beats you made and that's the start of you creating your own groove and style.And CREATE your own beat.
- Always focus on every single detail of your music, and do not let anything pass.
- Feel the beat that you make. There's always music inside your head that you need to let out.
- It's all about experimenting and mixing. Experiment with different kinds of beats and mix them together.
- Be passionate in music. The more you are passionate about the craft, the more beats you will develop. The more beats you develop, the more music you can make.
- Remember, experience is the best teacher. Practice hard and play hard. The more experience you have, the wider your creativity will be.
Questions and Answers
How to keep beats to stay in your head while practicing?
Some of most basic ways to make the beats that you play be committed to your memory includes:
- Singing the song in your head. During practice, knowing the song and singing along is the fastest way to get yourself to remember the beats. The mind may take a while to commit into memory a pattern. However, with words to accompany the beat, it will help drummers to remember the beats they wish to play. The lyrics of the songs will serve as mnemonic devices to help remember how a certain sound can be played as well.
- The 4/8-bar phrasing of songs Dissect a song that you're studying into parts, then from there work it out to determine the count of the bar in each of the sections. It will be like singing and learning your A, B, C's. This training will help you develop an ear for the structure and beats of songs.
- Repetition and practice.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Jmgf, Lynn, Ronald Disney Magat