Make Your Own Almond Flour
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Robbi, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz
Almond flour is one of the most nutritious flours available on the market today. It has vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and protein, and unlike wheat flour, almond flour is gluten free. Baking enthusiasts also suggest that it is more delicious and moist than the regular wheat flour. Just like other baking products, almond flour is readily available in groceries, but it is quite pricey compared to regular wheat flour. Making your own almond flour can save you a lot of money and you can enjoy the same benefits that the grocery sold ones give.
Making your own almond flour
- Pour half of the almonds into the food processor. It is better to divide them into two batches so they will be ground finely.
- Start grinding the almonds for 10 seconds, and then stop. You can shake the food processor a bit to make sure that all of the almonds are ground. Turn the food processor on again for 10 more seconds and stop. Do not grind it for too long because it will melt off.
- Sift the ground almonds so you can take off the large chunks.
- Put the larger chunks back to the food processor and grind it again for 10-15 more seconds until it gets finer.
- The finished product should be really fine. Once you're done with the other half, you can now use the flour to bake your favorite goodies!
Health Benefits of Almonds
- 1Almonds help a lot in reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body. This is because they act as a fiber that flushes out those bad cholesterol.Low cholesterol.Advertisement
- 2Since your body is free from bad cholesterol, the chances for you to develop heart problems becomes lower as well.Lesser chances of heart failure.
- 3Flavonoids found in the skin of the almond is known to be effective in protecting the walls of the artery from damage. It works together with vitamin E. In this case, artery damage that lead to more complicated heart problems is less probable to occur.Artery protection.
- 4Almonds contain fats, but not those unhealthy ones. When you consume almond on a regular basis, the healthy fats tend to stay and dominate and the unhealthy fats will leave your body.Maintenance of healthy fats in the body.
- 5Almonds will help to balance out the amount of sugar you take in.Balancing of sugar levels in the body.
- You can freeze the raw almonds overnight before grinding because warm or room temperature almonds usually make butter by just grinding it for a few seconds.