Make Your Crush Jealous on WhatsApp With WhatsApp Status vs Texting vs Groups ... and 1 more
Edited by Brindzhound, Eng, Maria
As of April 2016, there were 1 billion WhatsApp users worldwide. The popular messaging app is a great way to stay in contact with your friends, and since so many people are using it, the odds are good that the person you're crushing on right now is using it, too. If you want to get them excited about you, WhatsApp offers four possible ways to make them see green where you're concerned: the status line, text messaging, groups, and pictures. However, before you start, you should be aware that there are some risks involved with making another person jealous:
- Your crush could catch on to what you're doing and think less of you for it
- Your crush might become angry and not want to see you again.
- Your crush might give up pursuing you if they think you're with someone else
- Your jealousy attempts may not work, and you'll just end up looking foolish
Method 1: With WhatsApp Status
WhatsApp status is just a line of text that appears next to your avatar and on your profile. WhatsApp statuses can be cute, racy, businesslike, friendly, or anything in between. You can also set different status messages for each person in your contact list. Here are some status messages you can use to get your crush wondering about what you're doing and with whom:
- 1It's party time in the old town tonight!Advertisement
- 2The wicked wind blows in from the west, and tonight I will it take me where it will.Advertisement
- 3It's never too late to party.
- 4Roses are red, violets are blue, it's too bad that you're missing me too.
- 5Girls just want to have fun!
- 6I can't hear you over the sound of the throbbing music.La la la la!
- 7Right now, the only people in my life are the ones who I am with.
- 8The grapevine says something is going down tonight.
- 9Living life to the fullest is taking chances with the people you love.
- 10The party is live, and I am so alive in it right now.
- 11The electric moon bids me dance in its light through the night.
- 12My life is complete.Friends, beer, beer with friends, friends with beer.
- 13I'm sleeping off the hangover I got from last nightShh!
- 14If it's not loud enough to make your eardrums bleed, then it ain't loud enough!
- 15And somebody knows it.I'm young, beautiful, and fabulous.
- 16There's no such thing as too wild for me.
- 17I'm enjoying a few drinks and some fine company right now.
- 18There's some serious partying going on around here.Do not disturb.
- 19If you can't get down and dirty, you can't get with me.
- 20If we can't have fun now, the good times will pass us by.
- 21The night is warm, but the beer is cold, and the company is hot.
- 22Update at 11.Who's twerking with me now?
- 23Moonlight, A Lake, And a hot date.
- 24I'm on the prowl tonight for some fun.
- 25You'll never know!Who's with me tonight?
- 26What are you doing?I'm having the time of my life.
- 27I won't be home 'til morning.Don't wait up.
- 28There's no drama llama in this party tonight.
- 29It's time to Netflix and chill.
- 30Hey ho, hey ho, it's off to the mountains we go.
Method 2: With WhatsApp Texting
WhatsApp lets you send text messages to people, just like the texting app on your phone, except that WhatsApp uses data to connect rather than your carrier's texting service. The concept of making some jealous over text messages is the same, regardless of how you send them: remain mysterious about your plans, allow your crush to make up their own mind about who you are with, and play a little hard to get. Below are a few sample texts you can send your crush. If you need more ideas, please check out How to Make Someone Jealous Via Text Messaging.
- 1Can we get together another time?I'd love to, but I have something to do this weekend.Advertisement
- 2I went to x with a friend, and it was amazing.You'll never believe it.
- 3Guess where I am right now?
- 4I went to see it last night with a friend, and it was great. You'd love it.Have you seen x movie?
- 5Actually, I have plans for tonight, but I'd love to see you another time.
- 6You should have been there.I went to the beach last night, and I swear the moon looked huge and close enough to touch.
- 7I'm supposed to meet a friend for dinner. Gotta go.Oops, look at the time.
Method 3: With WhatsApp Groups
The WhatsApp group feature lets you chat in real time with a group of your friends all at once. It's like a chat room you set up for you and your friends to connect with each other. Here is how you can use group chat to make your crush jealous:
- 1Add your most trusted friends to this group as well as your crush.Create a WhatsApp Group Chat if you don't have one set up already.Advertisement
- 2If you just add them to a random group chat out of the blue, it will look suspicious, so try to find a reason for adding them. You can tell them something like "I think you'll get along great with my friends, so I added you to our chat."Give your crush a reason for adding them.
- 3Tell them not to be obvious about it. Have them drop this information into an ongoing conversation so that it appears natural.Have your friends chat about how much fun you're having with other people.
Method 4: With WhatsApp Pictures
They say a picture paints a thousand words, and that's true; visuals are quite powerful. Send your crush the message that you're sitting at home waiting for them to contact you by uploading photos of you having fun, even if it's just with your friends.Some examples include:
- 1[Picture of delicious food] I'm eating this right now and having a great time with an awesome friend.
- 2What are you up to?[Random selfie of you and another friend] I'm out with friends having a great time.
- 3Isn't this amazing?[Picture of beautiful location] I'm at x right now.Advertisement
Warning: Set Last Seen to Private
Last, Seen gives the time stamp of your last activity with WhatsApp, so a savvy crush might use it to see what you've been up to. If you told them that you were dining out, you don't want them to see that you were last using WhatsApp during the time you were supposed to be eating. If they do, they might catch on pretty quickly that you are playing jealous games with them, and that's no Bueno.
Tips and Tricks
- Remember that having confidence and staying busy with friends or by yourself is the best aphrodisiac.
- Take your time responding to them
- Keep conversations brief
- Don't go into details with them about your schedule
- Stop trying to make them jealous after you've got them going
- Have fun with your friends and don't worry about your crush for a while
- Don't always accept their offers to hang out
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Your Crush Jealous on WhatsApp. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Your_Crush_Jealous_on_Whatsapp
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Your Crush Jealous on WhatsApp." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Your_Crush_Jealous_on_Whatsapp Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Your Crush Jealous on WhatsApp." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Your_Crush_Jealous_on_Whatsapp.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Brindzhound