Make Your Boss Fall in Love with You
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Eng, Doug Collins, Lynn and 15 others
Beyond respecting him as a boss, you like him a lot. You don't want to pursue him brazenly because your job and professional relationship mean a lot to you, and you want him to respect you as a person. Yet, you want to find a way to make him notice you, appreciate you and eventually fall in love with you.
Tough job! This is when the art of subtle seduction can work. Read this wiki to learn how to seduce your boss.
- 1 Stand Out!
- 2 Be the Best Employee - Ever!
- 3 Handling Inter-Office Relationships
- 4 TIPS on How to Proceed Professionally when You Have Failed Romantically
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 I want my manager to fall in love with me? How can I seduce him?
- 5.2 How to overcome my feelings of love for my boss?
- 5.3 Ways to see your boss is in love with you?
- 5.4 What is wrong with me? I'm falling in love with my boss?
- 5.5 How can I get my boss to appreciate my work?
- 5.6 Can I make my boss totally fall in love with me?
- 5.7 How to know if your boss is attracted to you?
- 5.8 What should you do if your director is in love with you and you are not sure you like him but you do want to get promoted?
- 5.9 How to seduce your boss?
- 5.10 I told my boss I like him, but he has not responded. What should I do? What does this mean?
- 5.11 Hello sir, I am in love with my boss, I can't sleep because I think about him all the time, what can I do ...Can I tell him that I love him or I leave please tell me?
- 5.12 How do I flirt with a friend who is the president of a club?
- 5.13 I have a crush on my boss. She is married and a few years older than me. It has been driving me crazy. Should I just come clean and let her know how I feel?
- 5.14 I have recently joined and I think I have started liking my boss?
- 5.15 How can I attract a female with a higher position than me to be my girlfriend?
- 5.16 I am taking a new position as sales manager. I would like to impress my boss and become his blue eyed boy?
- 5.17 How do you know if your former boss is into you if he is shy, divorced, was cheated on by the ex wife but has shown some signs of interest?
- 6 Comments
- 2Be a head-turner.Advertisement
- 3Be a good listener.
- 4Learn how to take his jokes.
- 5Maintain a great disposition - no matter what!
- 6Be nice to everyone.
- 7Subtle flirting works.
- 8Be unique.
Be the Best Employee - Ever!
- 1Always keep your word.Advertisement
- 2Own up to your shortcomings.
- 3Stop complaining and start suggesting.
- 4Show initiative.
- 5Get along with everybody.
- 6Don't be a suck-up.
Okay, say you're done with step one, being the best employee ever, and he has noticed you, has begun to think you are a wonderful employee, and wants to go a notch higher. What do you do next, without creating an awkward atmosphere for everyone inside the office?
Handling Inter-Office Relationships
- 1Even if he has already shown interest in you and even has asked you out, which you agreed to, don't keep your expectations too high. It may work out, or it may not. Just remember that no matter what the outcome may be, he will still be your boss and you must learn to live with that reality, as difficult as it may be.Don't live in a fantasy world.Advertisement
- 2Before things get really serious between the two of you, talk about how you will handle things in the workplace. Must everyone know, or would you rather keep things hush-hush and give each other time to adjust to the idea of the two of you becoming a couple, without having to deal with people talking behind your back? Either way, you must be prepared for the consequences of your actions, even if it means getting ready for the worst, and reviewing your work options outside the organization in case you will have to leave. Of course, it is possible that both of you can agree beforehand that nothing will change work wise, regardless of the outcome of your relationship.Map out a plan together.
- 3Sooner or later people will find out about the two of you, and when the time comes you may notice a couple of changes here and there. Co-workers who used to be so close to you may begin to keep their distance, if only for the reason that they fear you may be telling your boss personal things about them. You have to assure them that this will not happen and you will always be the same trustworthy person they've known. Also, avoid showing affection or even subtle flirtation while inside the office. Be the same professional employee you've always been at work.Don't make people feel awkward around you.
TIPS on How to Proceed Professionally when You Have Failed Romantically
- Be a good sport.This is not to make light of your broken heart.
- A failed relationship is always hard to deal with. However, if you have accepted from the very beginning that there is a possibility that things may not work out after you decided to take the plunge, then it will be easier to deal with it in the end.
- Stop dwelling on the past because it will certainly get you nowhere. If you play your cards right, your boss will appreciate you more now because he knows you are a true professional, no matter what.
- Prove to him that you can still be as effective, if not more efficient in your work, and more driven than you'll ever be.
- Avoid bringing up the past. What's done is done, and there is absolutely no point bringing it up again and again. You can still be friends, yes, but try to keep a safe distance from now on. As much as possible, look for love outside the workplace, so that the repercussions will not have any bearing on your career, just in case, your romance goes downhill.
Don't try too hard to make your boss fall in love with you because it can be a real turn off. Try not to make the first move, and always be subtle in your ways. First and foremost, be an awesome employee, because that's the one step you can be sure will really make him notice you. Do this, and the rest will likely follow.
Questions and Answers
I want my manager to fall in love with me? How can I seduce him?
I know I can get him, but I don't know how. Can you help me?
Your boss is a man, and therefore a leader. Every day he probably receives compliments from others. To differentiate yourself, you need to compliment him, without drawing attention to the compliment. This will draw him closer to you, without him realizing it. After a while, he'll be in your hands.
To do this, you need to identify things you can legitimately ask your boss for help with, and then compliment him on. However, your compliments need to be made in such a way that you can later turn them into a joke, or draw attention to something else, so he is forced to acknowledge the second thing you say, and not the actual compliment. Here are some examples of this in action.
- 1When he fixes it, say, "I love that I can always count on you being there to help fix problems. It's nice to be able to trust someone like that. Do you have any other suggestions for how can I fix this sort of problem in the future." When you do this, you're telling him that you love being able to count on him, and that you trust him. But he doesn't have to be uncomfortable by trying to answer those compliments. Instead, you compliment him, and shift his focus to your computer, which he can then help with.Ask him to help you with a simple computer issue.
- 2Paper for a copier is a great thing, but there are other things. You could even ask him to help you with a door. You can say, "You're such a gentleman, and I had no idea you were so strong. Can you tell me what you think about this document I'm copying?" In this case, you've told him he's a gentleman and that he is strong, but then shifted the focus to your document. He won't be uncomfortable, but he will feel good. The better he feels around you, the more he will want to be near you.Have him help lift something.
When you do these things, you're secretly teaching him that he will feel good when he's around you. Because of this, he will instinctively want to be closer to you. Before too long you'll start seeing that he's finding his own excuses to be around you, or asking for your help.
See more questions like this: How to know if my manager is falling in love with me
How to overcome my feelings of love for my boss?
I fell in love with my boss and we have not talked about it with each other. I don't want to carry on with this relationship so how can I move end the relationship and not negatively affect my job? Do I have to quit my job now?
The only way out without hurting your work relationship with your boss is to make him stop liking you. One way to do get someone to stop liking you is to make yourself less attractive. If that doesn't work you can try smothering him with so much attention it turns him off. Don't give him any space. Be over the top crazy about him. Guys don't like it if you are over the top and don't give them any space. He will soon drop you, and you are free. Plus this method will allow you to "get him out of your system" too :)
See more questions like this: I'm in love with my boss but he treats me like a normal employee. What can I do to make him love me
Ways to see your boss is in love with you?
How can I tell if my boss is really in love with me?
You will know by how he interacts with others. Watch how close he stands to other people, and then see how close he comes to you in comparison when he's leaning over to help you with something, or just standing near you. You can also look for these signs:
- 1This is a sure sign that he's uncomfortable looking in your eyes for too long, because he knows he might show his emotions.Does he avoid eye contact with you, but look others in the eye?
- 2For example, see how he interacts with others, and then look to see if he shifts from one foot to the other, or changes his hand positions, perhaps fiddling with his fingers in the process. This is a sign that his mind is on more than just what you're talking about.Does he fidget when he's alone with you?
- 3For example, many times a person will bring something to the boss, such as documents, or papers. He will usually remain seated, and take the documents, while the person talks and remains standing. Does he ask you to sit, or stand up himself and come around the desk as an excuse to be near you? This is a sure sign that he likes you, and he is showing you physical signs that others don't receive.Does he stand up when you come in?Advertisement
Just be careful, because others may notice some of these things too.
If you want to reel him in, leave your keys in the office one Friday night, and call him to help you. Let him know that you're locked out of your car, and you aren't sure what to do. When he shows up, thank him, and stand close to him. Tell him, "I'm so glad you came. I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to get anyone to help me, but I though of you first. You're always so in control, and know what to do. I just feel so silly now. Have you ever forgotten your keys before? Now you've complimented him, but asked him to answer something that wasn't a compliment. This will relax him, and make him more comfortable.
Ask of you can take him out, since it's Friday, and you want to thank him. Alternatively, when he gets to your home, insist that he comes in for a cup of coffee or a drink. You can have a conveniently hidden spare key to get in your house or apartment. When you're making the coffee, tell him that you're starved, and ask if he'd like some food. Then you can break out a bottle of wine, or something else he might like. The rest is up to you.
You can later remember that you think you have a spare set of keys in your desk.
What is wrong with me? I'm falling in love with my boss?
What is wrong with me? I'm falling in love with my boss.
If you have fallen in love with your boss it does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with you. Many people experience either reciprocated or unreciprocated affections from a boss for whom they have developed feelings. This only becomes a problem if you act upon feelings that have no basis in reality. Having a crush on someone who is unavailable is one thing but to obsess about your boss or believe that he has feelings about you without being asked out by him, dating him or having a conversation with him is a symptom of a disorder called erotomania. If you have approached your boss and expressed your feelings for him and he has told you to back off, then you need to take him at his word that he means no. If you are monitoring his emails, stalking him on social media or even in person, then you have issues. If you believe that he loves you back but does not want to move forward with you romantically because he is "in denial", "is keeping your relationship secret from his ex" or "needs to be nurtured" then it is possible that you are the one in denial, suffering from unrequited love obsession or erotomania.
How can I get my boss to appreciate my work?
And thank me for it. Cause I work a lot of hours but never he said thank you
Learn what your boss does appreciate from his employees. Some people do not say thank you for expected results from an employee. Try to do something for him that he was not expecting and see if he thanks you. Do not take it personally how you are treated by your boss. He most likely treats all employees the same way.
Can I make my boss totally fall in love with me?
I'm still an experiential, he has been helping me financially and once asked me to come for lunch at his home but I refused because I was shy but now I can't stop thinking about him
Invite him for lunch by stating that since you had to refuse his offer you would like to make it up to him. Send him a thank you note for the extra help he has given you recently. Look for opportunities to have conversations with him throughout the day without obviously hurting your productivity.
How to know if your boss is attracted to you?
It would most likely result in an awkward situation if you ask your boss if he's attracted to you, but there are a few ways to tell how he's feeling by his body language. Learn how to Tell by a Man's Body Language if He Likes You, and if he's displaying several signs of attraction, you can decide whether or not to confront him.
What should you do if your director is in love with you and you are not sure you like him but you do want to get promoted?
If you are qualified for the promotion and you have concrete proof that he did not promote you because of your rejection towards his romantic advances, you can file a law suit of sexual harassment in the workplace. Do not risk your career for a relationship with him. If you feel a risk you will always wonder if you got the promotion because you were dating him or if perhaps he did not give the promotion to you so that he appeared impartial to others.
How to seduce your boss?
- Every time you are in close contact with your boss try to quickly brush up against his upper arm.
- Flirt yet at the same time make him laugh. People gravitate towards happiness subconsciously. Also you will avoid being so obvious which could turn him off right away.
- Make the fact that you are single obvious to him.
- Find ways to be alone with your boss. Offer to stay late for example.
Before you do any of these tip, evaluate if you need your job or not. Your advances towards your boss or a resulting relationship with your boss could mean the end of your job and quite possibly you will lose more than you though you would.
I told my boss I like him, but he has not responded. What should I do? What does this mean?
Your boss has not responded to you for what could be a number of reasons but his silence means to not discuss your feelings with him again. He could view the fact that you like him as inappropriate, uncomfortable or he does not like you back yet does not want to complicate an already awkward situation with his response.
Hello sir, I am in love with my boss, I can't sleep because I think about him all the time, what can I do ...Can I tell him that I love him or I leave please tell me?
Help me on how to make him know that I love him
Try to determine if he is receptive to you telling him that you love him. Evaluate if it will be a job risk for you to either tell him or date him and whether you can afford to lose your job. Do not tell him during work hours but instead see if he is willing to meet for a drink or coffee.
How do I flirt with a friend who is the president of a club?
I asked my club's president out on a date, she said she is not interested and prefers to keep our relationship professional
You don't flirt with your Club President as she has requested you keep your relationship professional. Keep it professional out of respect for her and her position.
I have a crush on my boss. She is married and a few years older than me. It has been driving me crazy. Should I just come clean and let her know how I feel?
I have a crush on my boss. She is married and a few years older than me. It has been driving me crazy. Should I just come clean and let her know how I feel?
No you should not reveal your feelings to your married boss. What would you expect to gain from telling her that you have a crush on her? What most likely will happen is she will feel uncomfortable around you which will then have her evaluating your work performance looking for a reason to fire you.
I have recently joined and I think I have started liking my boss?
He is nice, smart and I think I like him, at the office we are professional, he says he has a girlfriend but not married yet. One co-worker says he had a break up recently. So am little confused that he said he has a girlfriend, he and me do have smoke breaks out of the office where he shares little about his family and today he said he is feeling cold and feverish. I am a little confused if he also feels like me, but so far I have not shown anything from my end
If he is interested in you, he will let you know he is single. Perhaps you are nothing more than a co worker who he smokes with and does not view you as someone to reveal his personal intimate issues with. He may be experiencing his cold and feverish symptoms because he simply has a cold or his immune system is compromised from his recent breakup. See if you can approach his relationship status without making him feel uncomfortable. Tell him that you heard a rumor that he has recently broke off a relationship and if it is true that you are there to listen to him if he needs to talk about it. This will be the best way for you to approach a possible future relationship with him.
How can I attract a female with a higher position than me to be my girlfriend?
We have a new female Program Manager with our Organization, and I feel like I am attracted to her, but feeling afraid to tell her, because she is in a higher position than me as well we are in different departments. What shall I do??. I have tried: Nothing, except I asked her about her nationality and told her that I have worked with some people from her country, they were very nice people and her country also is a very beautiful country and everyone like It.. I think it was caused by: Rules of the organization, also we are from different backgrounds as well she is in a higher position than me.
If there are rules in the organization that you can't romantically socialize. it is best that you do not let her know unless you are willing to find another job. You have left hints to her already and she is not responding back with her own hints. Take that as a sign that she does not feel the same way or that she is not willing to go against the organization rules.
I am taking a new position as sales manager. I would like to impress my boss and become his blue eyed boy?
My problem is I do not know what to talk to my boss and carry a long interesting and meaningful conversation. Could you help.. I have tried: Limit my discussion to the point. I think it was caused by: Don't know. can't get too personal with him.
Look for clues around his office of what he has a personal interest in. It may be something as simple as a sports team logo on his coffee mug that can allow you to open a more meaningful conversation with him.
See if he always orders a food item and one day bring that in for him before he has a chance to order it. Say something like you were picking up a similar item and got his while you were there. He may feel obligated to speak with you further after that.
Ask him to look over a work document that you created and let him know you value his wisdom and would like his opinion on improvements. This will make him feel like a hero without even realizing what you are actually doing.
How do you know if your former boss is into you if he is shy, divorced, was cheated on by the ex wife but has shown some signs of interest?
He is a very private man. We had worked together for around a year. I one day got the fluttery feeling though my body when he walked by, this came to be every time I could see him, smell him, or even if he was just close by somewhere. I have fallen for him hard. He was giving off body language indicating possible attraction. I ended up letting him know I thought he was good looking and from there we had this thing between us, it was kind of erotic. We shared a few intense eye contact moments, for a while he seemed to show up where ever I was at work. I met with him to go over a project I had done for the department, he had told me he didn't have a lot of time to go over it but he wanted to see it. I planned about 15-20min. During this meeting he ended up telling me things about himself and told me only a few people knew these things about him, meeting lasted over an hour, he did most of the talking. So there are all these little subtle things that make me feel he is interested in getting to know me more. I had been married for 19 years when my husband suddenly passed away(my boss is fully aware of that situation). I was excited that my boss seemed to show interest so I started texting him, I would get some response but not a lot. He told me he did not like texting so I was OK with no responses after that. I got overly excited with everything and began pouring myself out to him, came on WAY to strong. I know I did and then I apologized for that, I didn't know how this "getting to know each other" thing worked because I had been married for so long and told him I didn't have anything to lose but saying what I feel (since the death I have a different Outlook on life). Time has gone by it has been around 3 months since I told him how good looking he was. He and I are very ethical and we knew that as long as he was my boss we could not be. I was already looking into changing departments before all of this and when a opening came in the department I wanted I spoke to him and told him he would no longer be my boss perhaps we could...he said yeah we could hang out as friends and see where it goes. It has been 2weeks ago now that I started new position and he has disappeared. Let me explain a bit, he went on vacation a month ago and when he got back to work everything had unraveled he was putting out fires left and right and it has been this way to the present time his job has been hell last three weeks. He is the type of guy that is only able to focus on a thing or two at a time because he is an introvert, loner, has some anxiety. I tried to call him one night (I like never call but once in a while, I usually text because I know he is swamped) and I think he has blocked my number. Texts that he used to respond with a read receipt are now just showing delivered (he let me know he was paying attention to the things I would say in text by the "read" reciepts, he didn't do this with any other members on our team. I also asked him numerous times through the last 3 months if he wanted me to stop I would. I told him I am not good at hints that he would just need to tell me straight out he wasn't liking this and I would stop pursing, if he was not going to tell me to stop that I would keep the pursuit going, still he has never replied to that and never asked me to leave him alone. Now I have know idea what is going on. Was he ever into me in the first place? Is he waiting for some time to go by with me at the new job to make a move to keep any suspicions down about the two of us and to keep others from thinking that is the only reason I switched departments? Is he so into me that he is taking space to work out his feelings since his past pains? Did he not respond because he didn't want any trails since he was boss? I still seem to have a warm sensations every couple days and I feel like its my intuition telling me to hold one and be patient. Not to give up on the guy because in general he is already been through so much and he is scared to let me in. I have tried very hard not to contact him, though I have a couple times, warn him about something at his job and sent a picture of the sketch I did because I like him that much that he was the first person I wanted to share it with. Other than that nothing, It has been 7 days now that I think I was blocked. He being my boss and now my ex boss. He being shy, introvert, loner, private, damaged from ex wife and having bad child hood, seemingly confident but actually not really, some low self esteem. And me having lost a spouse can put weight on all of this also. Will a man want to be with a "widow"? I didn't have the best marriage but he will always be in the picture even though I have moved on. I now consider myself not as a widow, but as a single woman. I have searched many different wordings online to find advice on this strange scenario and haven't found anything really pertaining to this.
He has backed off for some reason. Perhaps he was warned by his boss to back away from you. Office gossip is always happening and your moving to the other department may have triggered a warning to him. Stop contacting him and if you run into him while at work be polite but not overly friendly. If he does not attempt to contact you, then leave it be.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Chris Stipe, I am the storm, Sunshine