Make Whipped Cream
Edited by Sean, Inukshuk
Easily Make Whipped Cream
Have you grown tired of the artificial taste of store bought whipped cream or have you always liked your food to be homemade? Thankfully, making your own whipped cream from home is one of the easiest things to do as long as you have the right equipment. You will still require a few things to make homemade whipped cream, but it is very minimal.
- A large mixing bowl
- A large handheld whisk or an electric mixer
- 1-2 tablespoons of granulated or confectioners sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
There a wide variety of types of heavy whipping cream available for use and the majority of them should be perfectly suitable for this recipe, otherwise the only other thing you might need from the store is the sugar.
Recommended: Before you start to actually make your whipped cream, you may chill the mixing bowl and whisk, or the beaters from the electric mixer, in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. This helps make it easier to whisk the whipped cream.
Directions for Creating Whipped Cream
This is process is very short and takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Follow this simple instructions and the following tips to make whipped cream:
- 1Get out your metal mixing bowlAdvertisement
- 2Pour in your 1-1/2 cups of heavy whipping creamAdvertisement
- 3Grab your whisk and beat the heavy whipping cream until it becomes soft and peaks start to show
- 4Alternatively, use an electric mixer to also beat the cream, but in this case set it to medium and be careful not beat the cream too much to the point where it starts to look buttery
- 5Add in your 1-2 tablespoons of sugar over the cream
- 6Continue to beat the cream until slightly firm peaks are visible
- 7Done, now get ready to try your freshly made whipped cream!Advertisement
Before you go, here some additional tips:
- For storing: You can store whipped cream for anywhere from 1-3 days, and when you take it back you may need to whisk it once more for 10-15 seconds. Store it covered.
- For flavor: If you are looking to make some whipped cream with a unique flavor you can throw in one teaspoon of an extract or liqueur, like vanilla extract, when you also throw in the sugar.
Now that you've read through all of that you are more than ready to make some whipped cream, just remember that while an electric mixer is easier, it is also easier to mess up and much easier to make a mess out of it. If you've got the arm strength then do it the old fashioned way with a whisk. Good luck and as always feel free to ask any questions!
- Whipped Cream - Martha Stewart.com
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Whipped Cream. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Whipped_Cream
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Whipped Cream." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Whipped_Cream Accessed 24 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Whipped Cream." Accessed Apr 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Whipped_Cream.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Sean