Make Use of Wireless Internet to Effectively Run Your Business
Edited by estrella sacragon, Lynn, Eng
In these modern times, using wireless internet is truly be great
for your online business. Imagine those radio waves burning a hole in your brain as many packets of data which contain the best movies fly through the air until it reaches your television. What could be better?
How to Set Up Your Own Wireless Network
However, wireless internet, or WiFi, can really suck if the setup is not properly done. Your neighbor could use up your bandwidth viewing several cat videos on YouTube. There will be instances when the signal will suddenly drop every time you bring your iPad into the restroom or whenever you download new applications. Agonizingly slow speed could happen every time other family members would start jumping in on the network.
All these issues will be properly answered when you set up a wireless network connection. Just go through the basic set up procedure as well as the configuration of your wireless router. This will point you to several additional resources that will help in optimizing the system. First, you have to learn more about the three primary components of your home network. This will provide a fundamental understanding regarding the works of a wireless network, as well as several troubleshooting steps that you can undertake.
Essential Components of a Wireless Network
- 1This is the primordial link in the chain. It will allow the home to remain connected to the web. This is a small box with three connections on it - namely, coax or phone, Ethernet and power. You may see a USB port, but just pretend that this does not exist. If you are using cable internet, then your model will be operating on a coax cable that has been jacked on the back. This is the only connection that has threads for attaching the same to the cable. On the other hand, if you've got a DSL connection, you'll see a phone jack and not a cable connection. The Ethernet is the last jack and is packed with a wide phone jack that should be connected to a particular port that's located at the back portion of the router and labeled "WAN". This will likewise provide a web signal to your wireless router. If your modem is packed with multiple Ethernet jacks, then this will be referred to as the gateway and with a built-in wireless access. Think of the gateway as a combination of a wireless router and a modem in a single box.Modem.Advertisement
- 2There are two major tasks that are performed by the wireless router. First, it takes that web signal from the modem then transmits the same wirelessly into your home. If you take a closer look at your modem, you can see which kind of wireless protocols are capable of being broadcasted. As wireless technologies have been developed and introduced, new wireless protocols started to emerge. Hence, over the past six years or more, wireless modems such as the wireless G have been slowly phased out and replaced by recent protocols like wireless AC. It's a good thing that wireless routers operate backwards; thus, they are still compatible with many old and brand new routers and devices.Wireless Router.Advertisement
- 3Many different kinds of devices can be connected to a wireless network. Almost all modern tablets, computers, game consoles and phones are packed with a built in wireless feature. Needless to say, you can easily configure the wireless mechanism on any of these gadgets or devices. It's best to hardwire your computer straight to the router using an Ethernet cable. Each time you modify your wireless settings, all the devices on your wireless network will be disconnected, and if you're going for complex modifications, they will not just be automatically disconnected. All the setup procedures or steps can be accomplished using a wireless computer; however, it will only make the procedure complicated. Seriously, you could use a hardwired computer for this.Computer or wireless device.
Wireless Internet for Managing Modern Companies
It seems a majority of people are aware that the World Wide Web is one of the most
relevant aspects of lifestyle. Try to ask some people on the street if it's possible for them to live without the internet. Their answers won't be surprising - many of them will surely answer no. After all, almost everything can be done through the power of the World Wide Web - communication, shopping, social interaction, and business.
Though there are still some entrepreneurs who haven't stepped into the online community, others truly think that internet could help them boost their business. For several entrepreneurs, especially newbies, wireless internet, is almost a necessity in order for them to efficiently run their businesses.
The statements below show how wireless internet aids entrepreneurs in running their empires.
- 1The advancement of wireless technology renders businesses with opportunities to expand their thinking about how they can encourage their customers to purchase what they're selling, by simply protracting the sales channels. At present, there are already several companies that are protracting their online applications to the world of mobile phones. As a matter of fact, many businesses are rendering their valued customers with banking, as well as shopping facilities through mobile-based technologies. Through wireless internet and while using mobile technology, businesses can offer their customers new access methodologies that can aid in streamlining the different processes, like accessing products and services, billing, and purchasing. The combination of these two technologies empowers businesses to amass more sales, and empowers their customers to make purchases, no matter where they are, no matter what time of the day it is.Furtherance in terms of Banking Facilities and Mobile Shopping.Advertisement
- 2It's nice to know that more and more business owners are able to realize that the importance of visitors is same as the importance of the employees, in order for the business to become viable. This is why the number of businesses that are installing or considering installing visitor-based networks that render high-end wireless connectivity, particularly in publicly packed areas, is dramatically increasing. Once the visitors come to the website, they can set up a username and password, which is included in the reception sign-in procedure. In order for the visitors to have access to the outside world, they have to enter these valuable details in a wireless Laptop browser or personal digital assistant. From these, they can access their internet, as well as intranet info, and emails securely.Yanking Value from Network's Additional Visitors.
- 3Since more and more businesses are using standard-based wireless networking, there is also an increase in opportunities for establishing business applications and models. For instance, the performance of the staff can become more robust by exercising a mobile workforce. Thus, it's possible for the staff to work from the comfort of their own desk or home, and simply utilize wireless hot-spots. Wireless internet also renders the opportunity to give service solutions, which are indeed innovative. As proof, top investment banking institutions are employing wireless applications to employ institutional trading via mobile e-mail, trade order entry, and market alerts and info. The usage of wireless is meant to gain leverage as the platforms mature. These are just some of the many ways how wireless internet technology can help the entrepreneurial world.Enhances the Mobile Workforce's Performance.
How to Build Your Online Business Using Wireless Internet
Wireless networks provide you a cheaper and easier way to share one Internet connection among several computers. This means you only need one modem, regardless of how many computer units you have. Today, we can observe an increased prominence of wireless gadgets like smartphones, tablets, and laptops. This is one of the reasons why new business owners are contemplating on putting up a business because somehow; they have seen the positive impact brought about by wireless internet.
Wireless networks these days are faster and technology has become more affordable than ever. With wireless internet and networks, employees have significantly improved their accessibility, flexibility and productivity. If you are planning to build your own online business using wireless internet, here are some tips to get you started.
- 1Are you aware of what your building is made of? Before setting up a wireless network, you have to know your building very well. Buildings with dense materials like bricks, cinder blocks, rock walls, stucco construction, or adobe can greatly reduce the strength of your wireless signals. Thus, you need to increase you number of access points just to be certain that you get fast and reliable Internet connection. Also, be wary about anything that holds water, such as elevator shafts, pipes or bathrooms because these too can greatly limit wireless signal ranges.Know your Building Bones.Advertisement
- 2Normally, small and medium-sized online businesses require no more than 24 access point. However you should always take into consideration your overall bandwidth plan. Without enough bandwidth to cater to online traffic, you can't easily achieve your expected productivity gains. Your IT staff must be knowledgeable in managing multiple access points and how to properly balance the load.Balance your load.
- 3Once you have identified the number of WLAN access points needed, decide on the power requirements needed to support all these points - ideally 15 watts or less. While power requirements typically differ for each business, you can opt for power injectors, as these are still great options for powering all your access point properly. You can place these injectors anywhere along the line within 100 meters, and provide better flexibility by not using external AC Adapter power supplies.Power up.
- 4Keeping a safe and secure wireless network should be on top of your list of priorities. Avoid using obsolete protocols for your wireless security like WEP. Instead, go for the more secure ones like the WPA and WPA2, both designed to help you safeguard against hackers. For more increased protection, your IT department must configure an access point by using the strongest available AES 256 bit encryption.Safe and secure networking.
When you implement your WLAN, consider about the present and future networking needs and prepare yourself to grow with technology. Generally, wireless networks can be optimum assets to your business. But just the same, be careful in considering your objectives, limitations, and potential future benefits. You must also be wary of the possible pitfalls so you won't end up getting disappointed and eventually lose your productivity time.
Major Reasons for you to go Wireless When Managing Your Company
Unlike before, there are more methodologies that can aid entrepreneurs in
managing their companies. One of the most efficient tools that aid business owners today in business management is wireless technology. Wireless networks could indeed boost a business's productivity, and encourage the sharing of information.
Yes, it's possible for businesses to function without the aid of wireless technology. However, many people would likely agree that this technology enhances every single aspect in business. Below are some of the benefits, which are also the primary reasons why entrepreneurs should go wireless when it comes to management of the business.
- 1Wireless devices can connect no matter what the location is, as long they're within the network range. Thus, the employees and their equipment can connect to the wireless network. Also, wireless can do the following:Flexibility in Terms of Location.
- Rearrange workspaces without changing the networks physically.
- Allow the consumers to wait in the lounge reception without being bored, since they can be part of the business's network, by accessing the information about the company's products and/or services.
- Allow a visiting employee who is based in another office to participate with the other employees, especially when he or she is working on a particular project which needs to be imparted to others.
- Enable employees to establish meetings, thus making it convenient for them to arrange formal meetings, without the need to book a physical room.
- In terms of those companies that offer public transport, wireless technology allows them to create a wireless network for the passengers, making it easier for them to find the vehicles.
- Enable mobile security camera to efficiently monitor the various unpredictable places on varying days. Through this way, the management could monitor, as well as avoid monitoring problems.
- Empower tiny yet intricate equipment, which are being moved regularly, so that the administrators can find these tiny pieces quickly.
- 2Wireless devices are known to forward and receive data, as it transposes within the network's range. Customers can easily access an explanation about how the different steps in the process work. They can also see the live images of the different steps in the process as they go from one department to another. The employees can view and amend the information about the orders they get and dispatch delivery vehicles. Thereby, they can save time, without the need to revisit an office. Other features include:Mobile Connectivity.
- Enables quality control officers to see the product specifications to evaluate log issues and conformance, by usage of the images, as well as voice notes, as they move from one station to another.
- Allows employees to receive important emails as they go to a relevant client meeting. They can easily send an email to a colleague and ask for helpful information about a new development, if there is. The person on the other end could then forward the needed details immediately, in time to be utilized in the incoming meeting. This makes it easier to update the stock database, especially when there is an ad hoc evaluation.
Wireless internet makes it easier for the production managers to check the progress of the production line. These are just some of the ways wireless internet can benefit businesses. This technology should not be ignored by old or new businesses.
Categories : Networking
Recent edits by: Lynn, estrella sacragon