Make Tapenade at Home
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Evgeny Vasiliev
Tapenade is a dish that is wildly popular, primarily due to the increase in find dining. It is more popular in Mediterranean countries, but has begun to increase in popularity in the United States as well.
Even if you are not an anchovy lover, you're quite likely going to be pleased with this spread. If you're not impressed by the small amount of anchovies, replace it with something else for a different flavor entirely. Tapenade offers a unique salty taste that is a wonderful counterpoint to the usual sweet party snacks.
To Make Tapenade You Will Need
- 11/2 medium sized clove of garlicAdvertisement
- 21 tablespoon of capers in brineAdvertisement
- 31 cup black olives, pitted
- 41 cup green olives or stuffed green olives
- 51 tablespoon anchovy paste OR
- 61/4 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 73 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 81/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Tapenade
Best served with crusty or toasted bread. Tapenade makes a wonderful addition to a party when you're considering serving things like Bruschetta and other elegant finger foods. In fact, the Tapenade makes a great lower layer under the tomato and cheese for your Bruschetta.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Appetizers & Finger Foods
Recent edits by: Eng, Robbi