Make Tapenade at Home
Edited by Robbi, Eng
Tapenade is a dish that is wildly popular, primarily due to the increase in find dining. It is more popular in Mediterranean countries, but has begun to increase in popularity in the United States as well.
Even if you are not an anchovy lover, you're quite likely going to be pleased with this spread. If you're not impressed by the small amount of anchovies, replace it with something else for a different flavor entirely. Tapenade offers a unique salty taste that is a wonderful counterpoint to the usual sweet party snacks.
To Make Tapenade You Will Need
- 11/2 medium sized clove of garlicAdvertisement
- 21 tablespoon of capers in brineAdvertisement
- 31 cup black olives, pitted
- 41 cup green olives or stuffed green olives
- 51 tablespoon anchovy paste OR
- 61/4 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 73 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 81/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Tapenade
- 1Chop your garlic roughly and then toss it into a foot processor with a rough chopping blade.Advertisement
- 2Add the capers and process all of it until it is chopped quite finely.
- 3Add the peppers or anchovy paste and the olives to the processor.
- 4Pulse the food processor several times until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- 5Do not overblend or you will get paste and not a chopped spread.
- 6Add the olive oil and pulse one or two more times until it is completely mixed together.
- 7Remove the tapenade from the blender and transfer to a serving dish.Advertisement
Best served with crusty or toasted bread. Tapenade makes a wonderful addition to a party when you're considering serving things like Bruschetta and other elegant finger foods. In fact, the Tapenade makes a great lower layer under the tomato and cheese for your Bruschetta.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Tapenade at Home. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Tapenade_at_Home
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Tapenade at Home." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Tapenade_at_Home Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Tapenade at Home." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Tapenade_at_Home.
Categories : Appetizers & Finger Foods
Recent edits by: Robbi