Make Sure That You Do Not Lose the S Pen on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, nagarajrangrej34 and 4 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
- 2 How to Enable S Pen Detection and S Pen Keeper on Galaxy Note3
- 3 How to disable S Pen detection and S Pen Keeper on Galaxy Note3
- 4 Things to Note
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
The S Pen is what makes the Galaxy Note series unique from other Android devices. This particular accessory is not cheap. The thirty dollars the S Pen sells for [S-Pen sold on Samsung's official site, is not something you want to misplace. In spite of its price, the S Pen has a lot of things that can help you get the most out of your Galaxy Note 3. To make sure you don't lose your Note 3's S Pen, set your device to warn you when its screen is turned off without the S Pen in its slot, it by reading through this article.
How to Enable S Pen Detection and S Pen Keeper on Galaxy Note3
Enabling S Pen detection will show a pop up alert on your Note3's screen whenever the S Pen is removed. This keeps you informed whenever the S Pen is removed accidentally, or left somewhere. The function "S Pen Keeper", when enabled, will emit a sound while you are walking with your Galaxy Note3 without the S Pen in its slot. This is a neat feature that will remind you that you have left your Note3's S Pen somewhere.
- 1The Home button is the middle-lower button on your Note3.Tap on the "Home" button to get to your home menu.Advertisement
- 4Go to the "Controls" tab by tapping on it.The settings menu will open.
- 5From the Controls, tap on "S Pen" to open S Pen page.
- 6This will enable Pen detection to warn you every time the S Pen is removed from your phone.On the S Pen, remove the check mark on the option "Turn off pen detection".
- 8You have now successfully set your phone to warn you when the S Pen is removed by displaying a pop up alert and emitting a sound when walking without the S Pen in the slot.
How to disable S Pen detection and S Pen Keeper on Galaxy Note3
There will be times where you want to disable S Pen Detection and S Pen Keeper. If you want to stop your phone from detecting your Note3's stylus, then follow these procedures:
- 1The Back key is located on your phone's lower-right.Get to your Home screen by tapping on the Back key a few times.Advertisement
- 2From Home screen, tap on the Menu key to view Home Options.
- 3From the list of options, tap on "Settings" to open Note3's Settings menu.
- 4From Settings, tap on the "Controls" tab.
- 5To disable S Pen detections, make sure that the box for "Turn off pen detection" has a check mark on it.
- 6To disable S Pen Keeper, make sure that the box for "S Pen Keeper" has no check mark on it.
- 7You have successfully learned how to disable the S Pen detection features on your Samsung Galaxy Note3.Advertisement
Things to Note
- Enabling these detection features will eat some of the Note3's battery. As a result, your phone's battery level will deplete faster than when the disabling features are turned off. The difference may not be that much but if you are saving your battery for something, then you can turn off these features to save more power.
- If, unfortunately, you lose your S Pen, you can get a cheaper replacement version (not the original one but functions similarly) by getting one from Amazon or eBay.
Questions and Answers
I want to use my Samsung Note4 without S-Pen?
But it's not working. How can I do it?
Try to update the phone's firmware and software first. Then, remove any objects (the cover too) with any magnets and place the S Pen away. If it does not work, drag the notification panel down. Click the settings (cog icon). Under the "Controls" tab, scroll and check "Auto-Adjust Touch Sensitivity". Try holding several of your fingers on the screen for some time. There also might be a hardware problem: a connector might be bad or the screen itself might have gone unresponsive, which requires a visit to a service center.
Does the Galaxy Note3 give you an indicator when you are close to your S pen if you have lost it and are desperately looking for it?
Lost the S pen and I thought the phone could tell when it is close to the phone! I have tried: Searching for it. I think it was caused by: Not too sure
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Da, engniko39, Jen M