Make Side Dishes for Fish
Edited by mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Anonymous, Lynn, Graeme and 2 others
Fried fish is one of the most common dishes served at home or even in restaurants. How can we add some spice or twang to our very plain fried fish? You can make your own side dish that will compliment the flavor of the fish and add more options for your taste buds to enjoy. A good example of a great side dish that you can do is stir fried string beans in soy sauce. This will not only accompany the plain fried fish but it will also add texture and flavor to give your taste buds pleasure.
When you eat something that is fried it's usually good to look for something else to go with your fish, chicken, or pork. When you think about adding another dish (but in smaller servings), you want something to make a plain fried dish more enticing to your senses, both your sight and taste. So what are we waiting for? Here are the things you will need for stir fried string beans and the procedure, and once you are done collecting and buying the items you need, then let's start cooking!
(Good for two to three people)
- 1A medium wok or medium frying panAdvertisement
- 2Wooden spatulaAdvertisement
- 3A medium bowl
- 4A metal strainer
- 5For the side dish:
- 6Half a clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 71 medium bulb of onion peeled and sliced thinly
- 81/4 kg pork belly, washed and cut into strips, or if vegan you can change the pork belly to two squares of soft tofu, rinsed and then sliced into cubes.
- 91/2 kg string beans - rinse with water and strained, then cut edges off and thinly slice diagonally
- 104 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 11A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on your frying pan for sautéing.
let's start cooking!
- 1Put the wok or pan on top of the stove on medium fire.Advertisement
- 2Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil into the wok or pan.
- 3Pass your hand over the pan and if you feel that the pan is hot, then you sauté the minced garlic
- 4When the garlic has turned to golden brown, add the onions and stir the concoction.
- 5Once the onions start to caramelize, add the pork belly or tofu.
- 6Add the soy sauce onto the pan, stir it and let it simmer for about five to six minutes until pork is soft and tender.
- 7When pork is tender, add the string beans to the mix and simmer for three minutes.Do not add water let the natural juice of the vegetable be used for sauce.
- 8When the string beans are ready, serve them in the bowl together with your fried fish.
- 9This side dish is very easy to prepare, plus you can get all the ingredients from the nearest supermarket or grocer.You can serve it with any other fried dish you have as well, whether it be chicken or pork. You will definitely be amazed and satisfied with the mixture of flavors.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Robbi, Graeme, Lynn