Make Ringtones For Your iPhone Using iTunes
Edited by Nate Pepperell, Lynn, Monika, Rob and 2 others
This article will teach you how to create your own ringtones for the iPhone.
You can use any song from your iTunes library to create your own ringtone. Just follow the instructions in this VisiHow guide, and you'll be able to use your iTunes to select any part of a song in the library, to use as a ringtone.
Make Ringtones with iTunes for Your iPhone
- 1Open your iTunes application, and then open your library to your favorite song.Open iTunes and select your song.Advertisement
- 2After you have chosen the song, select a 30-40 second clip that you would like to set as your ringtone.Select which part of the song you would like to set as your ringtone.Advertisement
- 3To do this, right-click on your chosen song and select 'Get info.'
- 4You'll will see two boxes where you can insert the times for the song you'd would like to set as your ringtone.Go to the 'Options' tab, and insert time stops.
- 5After you have entered the times, click 'Next'.
- 6Now you need to create the AAC version, by right clicking again on your chosen song.
- 7This will create an AAC version of the section of song you have just chosen as your ringtone. The song selection should now appear in your iTunes library, beneath the original song.After you've right clicked it, select select the option to 'Create AAC version'.
- 8To do this, click on the AAC version of the song you made, and drag it onto the desktop, or anywhere else where you'd would like to save file to. Once you've saved your AAC file, delete the clip from your iTunes library.Now you need to copy your AAC file, making sure to save it.
- 9To do this, go to your desktop, or whichever location you saved the AAC file to. Then, change the file extension from an .m4a file to an .m4r file.Now you need to change the file extension of your file.
- Note: If you are using Windows, you will have to change the file settings in your computer if you are unable to view file extensions when attempting to change the file format from an .m4a to an .m4r file type. To do this you will need to do the following:
- 10Open your Control Panel.
- 11After that, select 'Folder Options'.Select 'Appearance and Personalization'.
- 12Now, click the 'View' tab, and uncheck the box for 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types.'
- 13on your computer. Just double click the file, or simply drag it from the desktop and into your iTunes. This will add it to the iTunes library. Once in the library, it should automatically be displayed in the ringtones folder.You can now add your newly created m4r file to the iTunes library.
- 14Once you've done this, go back to your iPhone's 'Settings', and set the new ringtone. This is done under the 'Sounds' option.Now all you have to do is sync your iPhone with iTunes, and select the new ringtone.Advertisement
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Grimm, Rob, Monika