Make Rellenong Bangus
Edited by sheryl hernandez, Rebecca M., Eng, Rose B and 1 other
Rellenong bangus is stuffed milkfish and it is considered to be delicacy but it does take some amount of time to prepare. Preparing the fish and the stuffing may seem a bit complicated, but the extra effort is well worth the end results. This traditional dish is a healthy and delicious addition to your diet if you are looking for something that steps away from the ordinary.
- 3 Milk fish (Large) Scaled and deboned
- 3 Medium size potatoes, minced
- 3 Medium size carrots, minced
- 2 Medium size bell peppers, minced
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 medium size onion, minced
- 1 box of raisins 225 g (8 oz.)
- 225 g of cheese (8 oz.), grated
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of pickle relish
- 1 kilo (2 lbs.)of ground pork
- A dash of pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or to taste
- 1 pack 450 g ( 1 lb.) of green peas
- 1 can of meat loaf
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- Season to taste with salt.
- 1Clean the milk fish, set aside.Advertisement
- 2Let's now start to sauté the filling.Heat the pan over medium heat, put in the cooking oil.Advertisement
- 3First, add the minced garlic, and then the minced onion.When they have just begun to turn clear, add the pork.
- 4Then add the 2 tablespoon fish sauce, wait for the ground pork to turn brown.
- 5You can now add all the veggies and about 1/2 cup of water.Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 6Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 7Set aside.Let it cool thoroughly, about one hour.
- 8When the filling is cool, you can begin putting the filling into the milk fish.
- 9Make sure to fill up the whole milk fish.Repeat the whole procedure, until you end up filling up the whole 3 milk fish.
- 10Dredge the milk fish in the all purpose flour.
- 11It's now time to fry the milk fish.Heat the frying pan with cooking oil. Make sure to use a lower heat to prevent the fish from biting.
- 12Fry the fish side by side until it is golden crispy brown.Place it on absorbent kitchen paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- 13It can now be wrapped in aluminum foil and stored in the refrigerator.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
When is the best time to put the rellenong bangus in the fridge?
The best time to put the rellenong bangus in the fridge is when the fish is already cold. This is also similar to other food that you put inside your fridge that you still have to wait for them to cool before putting them in. If you want it to last longer, you can put it inside the freezer. Remove the aluminum foil and transfer them into safe food containers or freezer bags.
Latest trend article about relyenong?
What are the latest trend article of rellenong bangus. Review industry trends and competitive strategies industry demands. Is it growing or declining?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Meats & Main Dishes
Recent edits by: Rose B, Eng, Rebecca M.