Make Personalized Bookmarks for Christmas Giveaways
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Monika, Rebecca M., Eng
A Bookmark is a thin marker which is inserted between book or note pages to easily find the page. It is also used to easily navigate and return to the page where you wish to open the book or notes. They may also used to easily identify the page number. It is useful in school in order to mark the page of the book where the professor has ended the lesson.
Personalized bookmarks are more valuable in nature than those which are purchased. They have more sentimental value to the recipient because you took the time to make them. There are many ways to make a personalized bookmark for different occasions. Some bookmarks are for weddings, birthdays and holidays. Some of them are made up of plastics, leatherette or fabric while most of them are made of paper or card. Bookmarks may come in different forms. Some are triangle while some are oblong or other shapes, but the most common are rectangular.
Things Needed In Making Christmas Bookmark Giveaways
- 1The paper may be colored, glossy, or coupon bond. You may use the coupon bond if you are going to color it afterwards. The cardboard will be used as a supporter for the paper because it is thin and easily destroyed. You may attach the colored paper and other decorations onto the card board to make your bookmark durable.You need paper and card board.Advertisement
- 2The scissors will be used to cut and shape the materials that you will be using. They will be used in cutting the thread, the papers and even the card board.Scissors.Advertisement
- 3Coloring materials needed could be crayons, colored pencils, color pens, or pastels. They will be used to color the bookmarks if they are not printed with designs. This is also to augment the beauty of your bookmarks and to make them more presentable.Coloring materials.
- 4This will be used as a decoration and to personalize the bookmark.Ribbon lace.
- 5Puncher will be used to put a hole in the personalized bookmark. This is often done so that a string may be attached that will hang out of the book and be seen easily.Puncher.
- 6This will be used in putting together the colored papers or coupon bond with the card board.Glue, paste or any pasting materials.
- 7Big scotch tape maybe used as a cover for bookmarks which is made up of card or paper.Big scotch tape.
Steps In Making Bookmarks Made Of Card or Colored Papers
- 1You also need to cut the card board in the same length as the coupon bond and colored papers. The card board and the coupon bond or colored papers should be the same in length since the colored papers will be attached to the front and back portion of the card board.Cut the coupon bond or colored papers into 1 inch by 5 inches in length.Advertisement
- 2This is to give color to your bookmark.Get the paste or glue then start placing the colored paper in front of the card board then on the back part.
- 3This is the part where you will attach the ribbon to serve as a lace.After placing the colored papers on both side of the card board, punch it in the upper part of the card board to make a whole.
- 4You need to make it more colorful since it is a Christmas giveaways.Use the coloring materials to make design and drawing to your Christmas bookmarks.
- 5When doing this, you should cover both the back, and the front of the bookmark. Start covering the book mark from the upper part and work downwards. Repeat the steps until you have fully covered the bookmarks.Cover the bookmarks using scotch tape.
- 6You can now give the bookmarks to your friends, visitors and relatives.Place the ribbon in the hole to serve as a lace for your Christmas bookmarks.
Steps In Making Bookmarks Using Coupon bond
- 1Quotation advisable to place is neither too long nor very short. You need to have quotation which is enough to be placed in 1 inch by 5 inches length.You need to print first texts or quotations in the coupon bond regarding Christmas.Advertisement
- 2After printing, cut the coupon bonds which have the quotations, cut them.
- 3You can also paint other quotations in the back of the card board to have quotations in both sides.After cutting them, start pasting them on front of the card board.
- 4After coloring, punch it in the upper part portion where you will place the ribbon lace.Start coloring and designing your bookmarks to make it more decorative as well as to personalize it.
- 5In covering it, this should be done in back and in front portion. Start covering the book mark from the upper part downwards. And repeat the steps until you have fully covered the bookmarks.Cover the bookmarks using scotch tape.
- 6Enjoy you work and start releasing them to your recipients.Place the ribbon lace in the whole and tie it properly to avoid it from detachment.
- 1Coupon bonds may be used only for formal bookmarks since you can print on them.Paper should be colored since it is for Christmas.
- 2You might accidentally cut your hand. For minors or children, ask for your parents' assistance when you are cutting to avoid accident.When using the scissor, be sure that you are gentle since you might hurt yourself.
- 3You also need to place minimal amount of paste or glue to dry them easily and avoid the paper from wetting.While pasting the colored papers as well as the coupon bond with printed quotations, you need to place it properly to avoid them from overlapping of the card board.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
I want a religious bookmark that I can write a message on using the computer?
I would like to use the computer to work on a religious bookmark to present at Church on Sunday. Well all these already have pictures, but they aren't religious
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., Monika, Emmanuel M. Lardizabal