Make Ornamental Reindeer Food
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Lynn, Eng, vc
Santa cannot possibly make his Christmas deliveries without his reindeer. His flying team of reindeer pulls his magical sleigh so that the deliveries can be made on time during Christmas Eve. Santa's reindeer are Dancer, Dasher, Prancer, Vixen, Cupid, Comet, Blitzen, and Donner. They were all identified in A Visit from St. Nicholas - a poem made in 1823. Of course, Rudolph joined the team in the popular Christmas song. To keep the belief in Santa and his reindeer alive every Christmas, you should see to it that you have milk, cookies, and reindeer food on hand on Christmas Eve. You can't expect the reindeer to travel all over the world without something to keep them going, right? To make ornamental reindeer food is the best indication that your house is into the Holiday spirit. It will give your children more fuel to believe in Santa, the reindeer, and the spirit of giving.
Serves 8-9 Reindeer or 3-4 kids
Preparation time: 3 to 20 minutes
How to Make Loose Ornamental Reindeer Food
- 2 tablespoons of green edible glitter
- 2 tablespoons of red edible glitter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 cup of birdseed
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of oats
How You Make It
- 1Combine all the given ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.Advertisement
- 2Mix thoroughly.Advertisement
- 3Make sure you make a wish while mixing the reindeer food.
- 4Place your reindeer food in special pouches for your children to use on Christmas Eve.
- 5Tell your children to sprinkle the reindeer food all over the lawn.
- 6Keep some left over to place beside Santa's milk and cookies.
How to Make Compact Ornamental Reindeer Food
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- Some edible glitter
- 6 cups of your kids' favorite cereals
- 1/2 cup or more of powdered sugar
- 12 ounces or more chocolate chips (white, dark, or milk chocolate)
How You Make It
- 1Get a saucepan and the chocolate chips on low heat.Advertisement
- 2Add in the peanut butter.
- 3Mix everything well.
- 4Cool the mixture.
- 5Let the choco-peanut butter coated cereal cool for five minutes.Pour over the cereal.
- 6Break into small pieces and place in a Ziploc bag.
- 7Add powdered sugar into the bag.
- 8Shake the pieces of coated cereal in the powdered sugar.
- 9Sprinkle edible glitter on the coated cereal.
- 10Leave the cereal on a plate beside Santa's cookies and milk.Advertisement
You can serve the reindeer food as a side dish to milk and cookies for Santa. If you plan to serve reindeer food to your kids, you can modify the recipe. You can use roasted nuts and other cereals your kids like. You can also incorporate chocolate chips, small marshmallows, and candy sprinkles into the mix.
Christmas is the season for remembering the child in everyone. Keeping Santa and his reindeer alive is a great way of making kids feel the magic of Christmas. Ornamental or edible reindeer food is definitely a tradition that you and your kids could continue for many years to come.
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Mian Sheilette Ong