Make Natural Remedies for Bloating and Weight Gain
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, Eng, Nuance
Besides over-eating, another reason for feeling a little bloated is your monthly menstrual cycle. Bloating or the feeling of having a full stomach all the time occurs in 85 percent of women during their periods. This is due to changes in hormones that cause this retention of fluid and bloated feeling.
Women gain weight quickly during menstruation. This is not due to fat, but quick water retention due to hormonal changes. You my feel some discomfort for few days. If you are experiencing this regularly, there are natural remedies you can try.
Natural Remedies to Ease the Discomforts of Bloating
- 1Fennel seed is known to ease bloating discomfort. If it is not available, you may opt for mint or peppermint tea. It is good for the digestive tract, so it makes you feel more comfortable. Add a teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds to a cup of water. Let it boil for ten minutes, then strain and consume. It has a the subtle taste of liquorice.Drink fennel tea.Advertisement
Now that you are familiar with some natural remedies for bloating, it would be good to also learn some ways that you can prevent it from happening in the first place.
Ways to Prevent Bloating
- 1While fruits are beneficial to our health, do not eat them right after a meal. Fruits produce gas that can cause bloating.No fruits after a meal.Advertisement
- 2Eat ONLY when you are hungry.
- 3As proper table etiquette dictates, never talk while chewing or eating. If you really need to talk during meals, make sure to chew well and swallow first.Manners Help.
- 4You should make sure that the food you have previously eaten has been completely digested before you eat more. That means you would need to allow an interval of three hours in between the meals.Eat in the right time intervals.
- 5You may want to add a little more spice to your food, like cumin, black pepper and ginger. All these are known to stimulate digestion.Spice it up.
- 6Do not drink a cold drink while eating. Lukewarm water is recommended, for it helps in proper digestion, thus getting rid of that bloated feeling.Follow what the Chinese do.
- 7Do not drink anything half an hour before you eat your meal. Drinking before a meal dilutes the juices in the digestive tract, making food more difficult to digest.No drinks before a meal.
- 8There are some dairy products that cause bloating. After eating dairy, take note of how your body reacts. If you have a bad reaction, you need to stay away from the cause - dairy.Listen to your body.
- 9Too much salt causes bloating. This is especially true when you drink water after eating salty food. For a flatter tummy, do away with this.Minimize your salt intake.
Other Causes of Bloating
- 1This is a condition when you experience more than usual amounts of gas. The normal frequency of flatulence is about 15 farts a day, though there are some people who pass more gas than that. There isn't a set number that is too much or too few for flatulence, according to experts, but the frequency could be bothering and embarrassing. Cut down on foods like prunes, cabbage, broccoli, apples and sorbitol-containing foods. These foods digest slowly so they produce sulphuric gas.Flatulence.Advertisement
- 2In IBS, the large intestine or the colon is what's affected. It not only causes bloating, but also pains in the abdomen, constipation and cramps. There is nothing wrong with the bowels, but the reaction of the tummy is what's causing the bloating. While this is a common disorder, it does not have a hazardous impact to the overall health of a person.Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS.
- 3Hormonal changes take place in a woman's body when she is expecting or during her monthly period. The hormone progesterone increases, causing the gut movement to slow down. The stomach acts slowly, which leads to bloating. Thirty-minute walks can help ease the discomforts of bloating.Hormonal Fluctuation.
- 4Mainly seen in children, this is a condition in which the body has a bad reaction to gluten-based foods like rye, barley and wheat. A person's immune system deems gluten as a threat to the body, causing the discomfort. The best way to resolve the condition is by seeing a doctor.Celiac Disease.
- 5Feeling bloated can be fine once in a while, but if you experience it too often, it is best to see a doctor. It could be a sign of ovarian cancer. Sometimes grave diseases have simple symptoms, so it is better to be safe than sorry.Ovarian Cancer.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
If you are 4 foot 9 female and you gain weight will it be mainly in the abdomen with a large stomach?
The proportion of weight will depend on the person being that the weight that is gained will be proportioned depending on the person. The extra weight can be transferred to either their stomach or can be transferred over to their arms and legs. It is true that the people who are shorter will show the weight gain easier than people who are taller for there weight will be distributed over a larger area because of their height.
If the person gaining weight works using their arms or legs more then the weight will in fact be gained to their stomach. In the end there is no exact way to calculate where on the body that the person will gain all their weight but it is proven that no matter where the weight is gained that it will show easier on a shorter person.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Natural Remedies for Bloating and Weight Gain. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Natural_Remedies_for_Bloating_and_Weight_Gain
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Natural Remedies for Bloating and Weight Gain." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Natural_Remedies_for_Bloating_and_Weight_Gain Accessed 26 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Natural Remedies for Bloating and Weight Gain." Accessed Mar 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Natural_Remedies_for_Bloating_and_Weight_Gain.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Maria Sharon Ubando