Make Natural Nasal Inhaler Using Eucalyptus
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Lynn
Eucalyptus has different scents, and they are all minty. It is an antiseptic stimulant. It can also kill the influenza virus. Eucalyptus produces oil which can be used in treating the body. It is often used as a body pain reliever, and thus it cures body aches. It has a good scent which is medicinal and is helpful in curing nasal problems. The oil is used mostly in stopping colds, and also in treating coughs. It is also used to reduce fevers and headaches.
- 1Gather things needed.Advertisement
- Eucalyptus leaves. The number of leaves depends on how much eucalyptus inhaler you will make. Try using clean leaves, and those which are not eaten or bitten by insects. Using leaves bitten by insects may cause problems.
- Steaming pot.
- Olive oil.
- Water. Use in cleaning the leaves. It is also an ingredient in making eucalyptus inhaler. The water to be used shall be clean. The water's vapor is what you will be inhaling.
- 2This will remove the dirt so they will be clean. Wash especially the back of each leaf. This is important since the front portion of the leaves are the only part washed during rainy days.Wash the eucalyptus leaves.Advertisement
- 3How much water varies, due to how many leaves will be soaked in it. If you put in an excessive number of leaves, then they will not be soaked all over. It is advisable that the amount of leaves is proportionate to the amount of water.After cleaning the leaves, heat the steaming pot and put in the water.
- 4This oil is also helpful to the human body, which has benefits to the health.Add in the olive oil.
- 5You need to soak them to extract from it the mints that it contains. These mints are the ones which can be helpful to treat your respiratory problems.Soak the eucalyptus leaves.
- 6This is to extract a large amount of eucalyptus mint from them.Wait 5-10 minutes until the water is boiling.
- 7The vapor is what you will inhale to treat your colds or respiratory problems.When the water is boiling, wait until vapor is coming from it.
- 8Bring the boiling eucalyptus and place it on the tableWhen vapor is coming from the steaming pot, turn off the stove.
- 9While leaning over the pot, place the towel so that it covers your head and the steaming pot. This is to avoid the steam going in different directions.Now, get the towel and put it on your head.
- 11Always keep the jar covered, so that insects do not get in it. You can use the inhaler three times after making it. You can also leave the eucalyptus inhaler in the steaming pot, but you should secure it to avoid accidents.After using it, you can place the eucalyptus inhaler inside a jar.Advertisement
Tips and Warnings
- Use it regularly, three times a day, to help treat the cold symptoms.
- Before transferring the eucalyptus to the jar, be sure it is already cold to avoid accident.
- Do not let your child drink the eucalyptus. It is toxic. It may cause danger.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Natural Nasal Inhaler Using Eucalyptus. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Natural_Nasal_Inhaler_Using_Eucalyptus
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Natural Nasal Inhaler Using Eucalyptus." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Natural_Nasal_Inhaler_Using_Eucalyptus Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Natural Nasal Inhaler Using Eucalyptus." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Natural_Nasal_Inhaler_Using_Eucalyptus.
Categories : Eucalyptus Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Eng, Emmanuel M. Lardizabal