Make Meringue Cake with Mascarpone and Strawberries
Edited by Seighart, Eng, Rebecca M., Anonymous and 4 others
Meringue is sweet dessert that originated in Switzerland. It is commonly made up of egg whites together with icing sugar. There are a lot of recipes that can be done using meringue such as meringue cookies and pavlova. Also, it can be easily infused with different flavors because the base it self has only a neutral taste which is just sweet, because of the sugar content.
In this recipe, strawberry is called for. It will contrast the sweetness of the meringue with the natural sweet and sour flavor of the fresh strawberries. It also comes with strawberry syrup, but you can always disregard using it, if you don't feel to.
- 16 pieces (250 grams) Egg whitesAdvertisement
- 22 cups (250 grams) Icing sugarAdvertisement
- 3a pinch of iodized salt
- 41 teaspoon Squeezed lemon juice
- 51 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 61 teaspoon Potato starch
- 11 pack (250 grams) Mascarpone cheese
- 21 pack (250 grams) Cream 30% fat cream (heavy cream)
- 11 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 22 cups water
- 33/4 cup white sugar
- 4lemon zest of 1/3 slice of lemon
- 1Fresh Strawberries
- 1With an electric mixer on medium speed, whip egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.Once stiff peaks have formed, increase mixer speed to high and slowly beat in sugar until the peaks take on a glossy look. Add the lemon juice, starch and vinegar and mix well.Advertisement
- 2Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and trim to fit snugly into bottom.Draw a circle about 25 cm in diameter on each sheet of parchment paper.
- 3Place 1/2 of the meringue in the center of each circle and spread to cover entire area of the circle.
- 4Oven to 180 degrees.Reduce to 150 degrees and bake for 30 minutes meringue. Turn off the oven and leave the meringue for another 30 minutes to cool.
- 1Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.Gently fold in mascarpone.
- 1Wash and slice the strawberries into half length wise.
- 2In a deep pot, add in the sliced strawberries together with the sugar, water and lemon zest and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 3When it reached its full boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, till it thickens.
- 4While it simmers, mash the strawberries to release all its juices.
- 5Turn off the heat and pass the liquid through a sieve to remove the seeds of the strawberries.
- 6Let it cool before putting into a sterilized jar.
- 1Spread 1/2 of mascarpone cream onto the bottom layer of meringue.Advertisement
- 2Place the second layer of meringue over the mixture and spread remaining mascarpone cream over the top.
- 3Cut strawberries into small pieces and place on top of the cake.
- 4Pour over enough amount of strawberry syrup according to your liking.Advertisement
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to your preferences.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Robbi, Rafah Perlado, Graeme