Make Low-Carb, Gluten Free Pancakes
Edited by Rebecca M., Lynn, Maria Sharon Ubando, Eng and 2 others
Pancakes are among many people's favorite foods for breakfast. They go well with coffee, hot chocolate or juice. Unfortunately, there are some people who can't enjoy them due to a gluten allergy.
Gluten is found in many products, such as most pancake mixes. It is a type of protein which is found in wheat and wheat-based products. It is believed that about 15 percent of the world's population suffers from gluten allergy or Celiac disease. The body's reaction to gluten can bring some damages to small intestines.
This is when the antibodies attack the foreign particles like gluten, and cause the body damage. There are more than 100 symptoms of Celiac disease, and they can be different for each person. Some symptoms include: Bloating, diarrhea or constipation, fatigue, joint pain, rashes, anemia, depression and many others.
Having a gluten allergy doesn't mean that you have to give up your favorite foods. That may have been true in the past. There are so many gluten-free products available today. There would be no reason for you to deprive yourself of things like pancakes and muffins. This recipe for gluten-free pancakes will surprise you with its light texture and wonderful flavor. It also has the added bonus of being low in carbohydrates for those who are watching their daily carb intake for any reason.
- 4 oz. of cream cheese, at room temperature (softened)
- 4 oz. of sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed, ground
- 1 packet of artificial sweetener (optional)
- Fresh or frozen berries for topping
- Margarine or butter for cooking
- Try topping these pancakes with your favorite whipped topping, along with the fruit. Most non-dairy whipped toppings are actually quite low in carbs.
- If you don't want to make pancakes from scratch, there are several gluten free baking mixes that work well for pancakes, but be sure to check the carb content if that is a concern.
- When you have to buy products, be sure to check on the label to ensure the absence of gluten.
- If you have a gluten allergy, opt for healthier foods. Add more vegetables, fruits, fish and healthy meats to your diet.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Low-Carb, Gluten Free Pancakes. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Low-Carb,_Gluten_Free_Pancakes
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Low-Carb, Gluten Free Pancakes." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Low-Carb,_Gluten_Free_Pancakes Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Low-Carb, Gluten Free Pancakes." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Low-Carb,_Gluten_Free_Pancakes.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Kaeybanez, Eng, Maria Sharon Ubando