Edited by Graeme, Lynn, Monika, Eng and 1 other
This liqueur has an intense lemony flavor and can be served as cocktails before dinner or as a digestive after dinner beverage. Try it - you won't be disappointed.
How To Make Limoncello
- 16 un-waxed lemons - zest and juiceAdvertisement
- 2150 ml (.264 Pints)waterAdvertisement
- 3200 g (.441 Pounds) (.2 Kilos) caster (super fine) sugar
- 4700 ml (1.232 Pints)(40-80 percent proof) vodka
- 1Stir to dissolve the sugar and bring slowly to a boil.In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water.Advertisement
- 2Allow mixture to cool.Reduce heat and simmer for about five minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- 3Combine the vodka and the lemon syrup in a container large enough to hold everything and mix well. Pour into sterile bottles or jars and seal.While the syrup is still slightly warm, add the lemon juice and zest.
- 1During the first week, turn or gently shake the bottles every few days.Leave the bottles in a cool, dark place for four to six weeks.
- 2So after about a month, strain the liquid into clean bottles.It is actually ready to drink right after making, but it improves with age.
- 3Limoncello is best served very cold, so for best results, put the glasses and the limoncello in the freezer for a few hours before you're ready to serve it.Advertisement
Rather than zesting the lemons, they can be peeled with a vegetable peeler (peel only the outer skin, and gently cut the pith away). Then cut the peel into very thin matchsticks. Cook the lemon peel matchsticks in the water/sugar mixture until the syrup thickens slightly then add the lemon juice. Continue with cooking directions from number 3 onward.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Limoncello. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Limoncello
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Limoncello." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Limoncello Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Limoncello." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Limoncello.
Categories : Beverages, Drinks, Smoothies, & Cocktails
Recent edits by: Eng, Monika, Lynn