Edited by Graeme, Lynn, Monika, Eng and 2 others
This liqueur has an intense lemony flavor and can be served as cocktails before dinner or as a digestive after dinner beverage. Try it - you won't be disappointed.
How To Make Limoncello
- 16 un-waxed lemons - zest and juiceAdvertisement
- 2150 ml (.264 Pints)waterAdvertisement
- 3200 g (.441 Pounds) (.2 Kilos) caster (super fine) sugar
- 4700 ml (1.232 Pints)(40-80 percent proof) vodka
- 3Limoncello is best served very cold, so for best results, put the glasses and the limoncello in the freezer for a few hours before you're ready to serve it.Advertisement
Rather than zesting the lemons, they can be peeled with a vegetable peeler (peel only the outer skin, and gently cut the pith away). Then cut the peel into very thin matchsticks. Cook the lemon peel matchsticks in the water/sugar mixture until the syrup thickens slightly then add the lemon juice. Continue with cooking directions from number 3 onward.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Beverages, Drinks, Smoothies, & Cocktails
Recent edits by: Rob, Eng, Monika