Make Leche Flan at Home
Edited by Mary Joy, Eng, Lynn, Alma and 1 other
Thinking of what to cook for dessert this Holiday Season? Why not try to make Leche Flan? This sweet treat is present during Christmas, fiestas and even birthday celebrations. It is loved by everyone, from the kids to adults, and even grandma and grandpa. Making this may take a lot of time, but it's worth a try.
- 12 medium sized egg yolks
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of condensed milk
- 5 (5 oz.) cans of evaporated milk
- 2 cups sifted white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla (optional)
- 1Mix egg yolks, condensed milk, evaporated milk and a portion of white sugar (about 1 cup) in a mixing bowl.Advertisement
- 2Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove small solid particles.Advertisement
- 3Use the whisk gently to avoid forming bubbles.After straining it, mix it thoroughly with a whisk.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Prepare the steamer.
- 6To caramelize the sugar, heat a small pan. Put in the sugar and stir it until it becomes thick and caramelizes.Caramelize the remaining sugar.
- 7Make sure that you have put caramel into all the llaneras.Pour caramelized sugar into the llaneras.
- 8Get the mixture of egg yolks and milk that you had set aside.
- 9Evenly pour in the mixture into the molding pans.
- 10Steam for 40-45 minutes.
- 11Then, remove the toothpick. When it comes out without anything stuck to it, it is done.To check if it is already cooked, insert a toothpick into it.
- 12To serve, invert the llanera mold and carefully drop it onto a plate.Advertisement
- Constantly open the steamer and check it. Because when it is not checked, it may get burnt.
- Make sure that you have strained the mixture before steaming it.
Things You'll Need
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Leche Flan at Home. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Leche_Flan_at_Home
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Leche Flan at Home." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Leche_Flan_at_Home Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Leche Flan at Home." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Leche_Flan_at_Home.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Alma, Lynn, Eng