Make Internet Browsing Faster Using Firefox
Edited by Michael Mangada, Charmed, Eng, Clownz and 1 other
This is a simple way to make your internet faster while using Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- 7Close the config tab and try your newly set browser.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Removing advertisement will help you increase speed too, try adblock extension for your browser.
- Stopping downloads or pausing it will increase speed too, and you may want to block other computers or devices from using the network too while you are using it to give your computer alone maximum speed.
Other Strategies to Make Internet Browsing Using Firefox Faster
- 1Bookmarks help you remember the sites that you visit often. Also, when a site is bookmarked, it tends not to load for a long time when you click on it.Create bookmarks.Advertisement
- 2If you happen to go through a site that's rather slow and you do not really need to visit that site again or you do not need it often, it is better to remove that from your history. Sometimes, when too many sites have log-in details from your computer, that will tend to drag down the speed of your surfing.Remove history of sites that you don't really need all the time.
- 3This will significantly affect your overall internet activity. At some point, it may even lead your computer to crash or restart involuntarily.Avoid opening more than 5 Firefox Windows at the same time, especially when the sites that you visit are full of photos and videos.
What Slow Internet Browsing Also Tell You
When your internet browsing appears to be slower than usual, you need to pay attention to it not only because it is bothersome, but also because it may be telling you something else that you need to act upon. Here are some of the possibilities why your internet browsing is slow:
- 1Certain viruses affect the overall system of your computer, thereby making it slow. If you notice that your computer suddenly became slower than usual, you may want to do a complete virus scan to find out if there are indeed viruses. This needs to be addressed quickly as it may be detrimental to the files within your computer.Your computer is infected by a virus.
- 2Slow internet browsing is one of the most common symptoms of spyware presence in a computer. This is because the spyware would basically copy and go through all of your internet activities. It also tends to save all of your log in credentials. As soon as you notice this, have your computer checked right away and as much as possible, avoid logging in to sensitive sites such as banks until this issue has been resolved.You may be monitored by a spyware.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Internet Browsing Faster Using Firefox. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Internet_Browsing_Faster_Using_Firefox
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Internet Browsing Faster Using Firefox." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Internet_Browsing_Faster_Using_Firefox Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Internet Browsing Faster Using Firefox." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Internet_Browsing_Faster_Using_Firefox.
Categories : Browser
Recent edits by: Clownz, Eng, Charmed