Make Homemade Mayonnaise & Banana Ketchup
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Eng, Robbi, Lynn
Have you thought about how those manufacturers make mayonnaise and ketchup? Well here you go, a homemade easy to make mayo and banana ketchup.
Note: Photos below are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 16 to 8 pieces ripe banana (2 ½ cups)Advertisement
- 21 cup waterAdvertisement
- 3¾ cup sugar
- 41 tablespoon salt
- 51 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 64 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 7¼ cup vinegar
- 85 to 6 small chilis, ground with mortal & pestle (disregard if you do not want a spicy flavor)
- 2Add the 1 cup of water.
- 3In a pot, combine sugar, salt, ground black pepper, garlic, vinegar and chilis (optional).
- 4Cook until the sugar is dissolved and when all the other ingredients have been infused with the vinegar.
- 5Add the combined condiments in the finely mashed banana.
- 7Keep mixing until it thickens. If you have a double broiler, it is better to use it to keep the ketchup from sticking in the pan or pot.Cook for 30 minutes on low heat.
- 8To avoid deterioration, place the ketchup in a sterilized jar or container.
- You can use any type of banana that you prefer, just make sure it is ripe but not over ripe.
- 11 large egg yolkAdvertisement
- 21 tablespoon calamansi or lime juice
- 3½ teaspoon iodized salt
- 4½ cup Wesson oil
- 1It will ruin the recipe.Make sure that no egg whites are added to the egg yolk.
- 2Using a hand mixer, beat the egg yolk until it form bubbles.
- 3Gradually add ½ tablespoon calamansi or lime juice while continuously beating.
- 4Add the salt.
- 6Finally add the remaining ½ tablespoon lime or calamansi juice.
- 8To avoid deterioration, place the mayonnaise in a sterilized jar.
- If you cannot find any Wesson oil, you can always use another type of oil. However, if you use Wesson oil, the outcome of the mayonnaise will be much tastier than if you use the other regular oil.
How to sterilize a jar to fill with your homemade products
- 1Fill the jar with water.Advertisement
- 2Place in a deep pot.
- 3Fill the pot with water until it fully covers the jar inside.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Homemade Mayonnaise & Banana Ketchup. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Homemade_Mayonnaise_%26_Banana_Ketchup
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Homemade Mayonnaise & Banana Ketchup." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Homemade_Mayonnaise_%26_Banana_Ketchup Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Homemade Mayonnaise & Banana Ketchup." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Homemade_Mayonnaise_%26_Banana_Ketchup.