Make Homemade Eggnog
Edited by Shalom, Robbi, Rebecca M., Lynn and 2 others
Are you looking forward to the holidays? If you're thinking of ways of making eggnog at home for the Christmas season, you've come to the right place for a good eggnog recipe.
Eggnog is a popular drink in the USA and Canada. It is served in the winter time and may be served with spirits although it does not have to be. It is traditionally made with milk, cream and sugar. It is usually served served during Christmas. If you came to learn how to make eggnog, it couldn't be easier.
- 1To make a homemade eggnog, you will need the following ingredients:Advertisement
- 4of vanilla2 tsp.
- 6pinch of salt
- 82 1/2 cups of whiskey (optional)
- 94 cups of whole milk
- 101/2 cup of spiced rum (optional)
- 11Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until sugar is completely dissolved.Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the egg yolks until they become slightly lighter in color.
- 12Slowly add the milk, rum, whiskey and cream, and continue to mix until thoroughly blended.
- 13Stir again.After that, add vanilla and nutmeg.
- 14Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making an eggnog without eggs
If you have intolerance to eggs, you can simply eliminate it from the ingredients. Instead of using eggs, you can simply use a condensed milk as a substitute in making your favorite eggnog. Adding a whisky to your eggnog is just optional. See the process and the ingredients:
- 1Condensed milkAdvertisement
- 21/4 cup (1/3 will do as well) of bourbon
- 3A pint of whipping cream
- 4Half gallon of fresh milk
- 5Grated nutmeg
- 1Whisk the condensed milk and bourbon to a medium sized bowl.
- 2Whisk a cup of milk.
- 3Pour the whisk milk in a Jar.
- 4Add the whipped cream to the jar.
- 5Fill with milk again
- 6Close the jar lid and shakeAdvertisement
Leave it for a couple of days in your refrigerator for best results. Same goes with the Eggnog using eggs that the longer you keep in for days the better.
- You can use bourbon as an alternative to whiskey.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on your eggnog before serving if you want.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Homemade Eggnog. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Homemade_Eggnog
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Homemade Eggnog." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Homemade_Eggnog Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Homemade Eggnog." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Homemade_Eggnog.
Categories : Beverages, Drinks, Smoothies, & Cocktails
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Rebecca M.