Make Gingerbread Pancakes for a Christmas Breakfast
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Anonymous, Maria, Lynn and 1 other
If you're looking for some Christmas morning treats that everyone in the family will find tasty and filling, you may want to make some gingerbread pancakes. Spare the gingerbread man, and let them devour these fluffy perfectly spiced pancakes with fruits and syrup instead. Once they take that first bite, the family will want them on many more special mornings throughout the year. With a hot cup of cocoa or coffee, these special gingerbread pancakes will warm up your family on their frosty white Christmas. During the Christmas season, you already have your hands full with so much to do, but do not fret.
You can prepare this delicious hot breakfast for the family in only 20 minutes. This recipe is for three servings, so just double it to make a great breakfast for six. You can count on them wanting more than just one pancake once they sink their teeth into it! You can exchange the 3/4 cup of apple filling and cranberry sprinkles with other complementary fruits. You can also change it up on the maple syrup with other delicious flavors for your favorite breakfast eaters.
- 1This recipe will yield three servings.Your yummy gingerbread pancakes can be out of your kitchen and onto the breakfast table in only 20 minutes.Advertisement
- 2Ingredients to make Christmas morning gingerbread pancakes:Advertisement
- 1 cup of general all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons of white refined sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon of fine ground table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of two-percent or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 1 tablespoon, or half-ounce of cooking oil - recommended is canola oil
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) of maple syrup, or your favorite other flavor of pancake syrup
- 2 ounces of dried cranberries or raisins
- 3/4 cup of hot apple, cherry, or peach pie filling
How to prepare the Christmas gingerbread pancakes
- 2Carefully pour this batter or 1/4 cup pancakes onto a well-greased hot frying pan.Once the pancakes start bubbling on top, they are ready to be flipped. Cook both sides until they are a light golden brown.
- 3The gingerbread pancakes are now ready for the plates.Set two pancakes on each of three plates, and pour at least an ounce of maple or other syrup on each plate of delicious pancakes.
- 4Top each stack of pancakes with about one-fourth cup of apple, peach, or cherry filling.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Lynn, Maria, Anonymous