Make Diy Skin Care Anti-Aging Products
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Eng, Lynn, Maria and 3 others
People, especially women, generally want to look younger than their biological age. This requires diligent and conscious effort, not to mention money, to stay and look their best through the years. To be complimented for not looking their age is the biggest reward they can hope to get. There are those who go to the extent of spending hefty amounts for dermatological products and enhancements to beat the tolls of time. Those who have modest means submit to slower processes by using commercial product in jars, bottles or tubes. But the best way is to make your own product - your own homemade or DIY skin care anti-aging products and treatments.
- 1 Who can benefit from DIY skin care anti-aging products?
- 2 Anti-aging facial cleanser/wash: Start and end with a clean face
- 3 Anti-aging facial mask: For wrinkle reduction
- 4 Anti-aging facial moisturizer:
- 5 Scrubs and exfoliants: Stripping the old, damaged skin
- 6 Get rid of old and puffy eyes
- 7 Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- 8 Questions and Answers
- 9 Referencing this Article
- 10 Comments
Who can benefit from DIY skin care anti-aging products?
Everyone who wants to stay young-looking can benefit from natural and homemade skin care concoctions that can be mixed in their own kitchen using ingredients from the home and garden. It is a good idea to start using these home treatments as early as possible, like in your mid- to late 20s. Doing this helps slow down the aging process and that is definitely a better proposition than reversing the effects of time. While there are many products out there on the market today that can delay the ravages of time, these are generally expensive, loaded with chemicals, or both. Cheap ones can give you goose pimples if they really work.
Fortunately, DIY skin care products for anti-aging are easy to prepare if you know how. These offer safe and healthy options for people who want to look young using fresh through using naturally mild ingredients.
Anti-aging facial cleanser/wash: Start and end with a clean face
Homemade Honey Cleanser
- 2How to prepare and apply:Advertisement
- Put all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Apply to the skin on your face and neck (or body if you want a body scrub).
- Massage it into the skin for at about 30 seconds to soften and loosen dirt and debris.
- Rinse the skin using warm water.
Plain yogurt or with lemon
- 2How to prepare and apply:
- Use plain yogurt on your face. It is a natural face wash or cleanser. Yogurt is an excellent source of lactic acid, protein, and fat that all aid in keeping the skin clean.
- How to make the mix. Simply put together two ingredients. This cleanser not only effectively cleans, the smell of the two combined makes a nice scent.
- Enhance the scent. Without the lemon, you can add a drop or two of any essential to create a sweet-smelling cleanser.
- 3Apply a few dabs of the mixture to the skin.Massage it continuously until deep-seated dirt or makeup is thoroughly cleaned. Leave the blend on the skin for a minute or two before rinsing it off with warm water.
Anti-aging facial mask: For wrinkle reduction
Look for ingredients in the kitchen that can be used for your mask. Skin firming, moisturizing, pore refining, and restoring the skin's protective lipid layer are among the benefits of anti-aging facial masks. Aside from that, fluid retention in the face and puffiness can be greatly reduced. Because of these many benefits, facial masks are one of the most popular DIY skin care products for anti-aging.
- With the use of a fork, mash the banana by hand.
- In a small bowl, mix the mashed banana and raw honey; make sure to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, crack the egg and beat it until it turns light and foamy.
- Add the egg to the mixture and mix it well.
- Break up the larger chunks of rolled oats in the food processor or the blender for a small amount of time. But, make sure to keep the rolled oats chunky.
- Mix it well and add two tablespoons of oats. If needed, add one or two more tablespoons. The goal is to create a thick and pasty liquid that is going to stick on your face.
- Before applying the mask on your face, make sure that both your hands and face are clean. Apply this mixture on your neck and the backs of your hands.
- Leave this mixture on your face for at least 15 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Rinse your face, neck and the backs of your hands again with cool water and then apply natural toner.
- After that, use a natural moisturizer such as plain jojoba oil.
- This mixture can be refrigerated and it can be used in the succeeding days. However, make sure that you use it within two days after it is made.
- Mix a tablespoon of curd with a small amount of turmeric.
- After that, apply the mixture on your face and let it dry up for 10 minutes. Rinse it with cool water.
- This anti-aging face mask is good for avoiding blemishes and protecting the skin from wrinkles.
Anti-aging facial moisturizer:
- Use a double boiler to melt cocoa butter with jojoba and pomegranate oil over low heat.
- Allow this mixture to cool.
- After cooling, mix this with the Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply this mixture on the face using your fingertips.
- Store this in a glass container away from heat and direct sunlight.
Almond-Coconut-Shea Butter Anti-Aging
- Put all the ingredients in a glass jar.
- Fill a pot with three to four inches of water and let it simmer.
- Place the jar in the pot and make sure to remove its lid. Keep it there and let the ingredients in the jar melt. Be sure to stir it occasionally.
- Watch for the mixture to melt, and after it is evenly mixed, transfer into a small glass jar.
- Let the small jar sit in room temperature and let the cream harden. Then make sure to close the jar.
- After washing your face, apply this mixture.
Scrubs and exfoliants: Stripping the old, damaged skin
- 1Salt or sugar?Salt and sugar are both good exfoliants. You can start with either one of them. Both exfoliants are natural, cheap and excellent. Epsom salts are salts that can help exfoliate the skin when used in high concentrations. These salts can be used for anything, like cleaning the furniture, removing calluses off your feet and soothing skin; this depends on the concentration. This kind of salt can also help dry rashes out from poison ivy.
- 2Versatile baking soda.Baking soda is also a good fine-grained exfoliant. Baking soda also has brightening and antiseptic qualities as well. Mix baking soda, salt or even sugar with any cleaner you have to turn it into a scrub.
Get rid of old and puffy eyes
- 1Healing tea bags.Take advantage of those antioxidants in tea bags. Pamper your skin with antioxidants that are found in tea. This is better than using berries that often leave stain marks on the face.
- Dip the tea bags in hot water and pat off the excess liquid.
- Place the tea bags over the eyes and compress for at least 10 minutes.
- These can greatly help in de-puffing the eyes. The best tea for this is white tea.
- 2Cool cucumber.Cooling cucumbers relax the eyes. The benefits of cucumbers are still a subject of debate and research. Yet, it is undeniable that there are many articles gushing over the wonderful rewards of cucumber over tired and puffy eyes. It could be another of those old wives' tales, but the fact remains that cold, moist cucumbers have some very relaxing effects on puffy eyes. It could be the 90 percent water in cucumber, or it could be because it is like a cold compress.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- Egg and salmonella go together. If you are worried about salmonella growing on the outside of the egg shell, wash it before using.
- CTM every day. Cleansing–Toning-Moisturizing. No matter what product you use, stick to these three daily cardinal steps to attain beautiful and young looking skin. Before retiring at the end of the day or before bedtime, take time to apply a moisturizer. Water-based moisturizers work best for oily skin.
- Block the UV rays. Sunblock that is not less than SPF 30 must be applied whenever you go out into the sun. Solar radiation is the most overpowering enemy of skin that can cause premature wrinkling of skin as well as the dreadful skin cancer.
- Embrace the regimen. To see visible results on the face, using the natural masks mentioned above, make sure to apply this concoction at least three times a week.
- The extra mile. Using these face masks is not enough. For natural beauty to happen, it is important that you have a balanced diet and live a healthy lifestyle. Steer clear of raw vegetables, excess beans, breads and cauliflower.
- Relax and de-stress by seeking peace. Begin meditating for at least 10 minutes every day. This can help in avoiding stress that can produce wrinkles.
Questions and Answers
Skin looks old compared to my age?
Pimples caused by oily skin.
Oil isn't necessarily bad for your skin. In fact, people who live in certain climates find that the oil on their skin helps them stay looking young. It's only when they move away from those climates that they end up suffering. If you are having problems with pimples that are causing you to look older than you are, you will probably benefit from an Aloe Vera Facial Mask to Treat Acne. There are other things you can do as well, but your first priority should be clearing up your acne, before you try any of the Anti-Aging skin care recommendations in this article. Some of them will just irritate your existing acne.
Please let us know if we can be of more help to you. We'd also love to hear back from you as to what you found worked. Success stories are always great for everyone to hear.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Diy Skin Care Anti-Aging Products. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Diy_Skin_Care_Anti-Aging_Products
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Diy Skin Care Anti-Aging Products." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Diy_Skin_Care_Anti-Aging_Products Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Diy Skin Care Anti-Aging Products." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Diy_Skin_Care_Anti-Aging_Products.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Dougie, abbas, Maria