Make Cookies for Christmas
Edited by Graciela Franchesca Rosario, Maureen D., Eng, Monika and 3 others
The holiday season is just the excuse many of us need to binge on cookies. Holiday cookies can be great gift ideas as well, for a lovely treat for relatives and friends. All that is really necessary is to just grab a nice transparent jar and put on some ribbon and you are done! Here are some of the most popular Christmas cookies' recipes to help you out in your holiday preparation.
- 1 Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- 3 Peanut Butter Kisses Cookies
- 4 Holiday Spritz Cookies
- 5 Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- 6 Candy Cane Cookies
- 7 Christmas Cookies in Jar
- 8 Tips
- 9 Comments
Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
The spicy scent of these delicious cookies will never fail to bring you back to childhood where grandma asked you to help out every Christmas time in the preparation of these renowned cookies.
- 11 cup of softened butterAdvertisement
- 21 cup of packed brown sugarAdvertisement
- 32 eggs
- 43 cups of all purpose flour
- 57 ounces pudding mix
- 63 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 71 teaspoon baking powder
- 81 teaspoon ground cinnamon
This recipe makes about 24 cookies.
- 1Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy and light in consistency.
- 2Add in the eggs gradually, and keep beating.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon powder.
- 4Add the dry mixed dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix them well.
- 5Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 6Lightly flour a flat surface and roll out the dough you made earlier (to 1/4 inch thickness).
- 7Cut them out with a lightly floured cookie cutter depending.
- 8Place the cut dough with 1-inch space from each other in a baking sheet
- 9Once you are doing the dough, bake them at 350 degrees for about six to eight minutes or until the cookies are firm to touch.
- 10Take them to a wire rack to cool down.
- 11Decorate them depending on your preference.
Chocolate Snowball Cookies
Everyone loves these cookies, kids and adults alike. They're heavenly delicious and just melt in the mouth!
- 13 cups of softened butterAdvertisement
- 23/4 cup of brown sugar (packed)
- 31 egg
- 41/4 cup of fresh milk
- 51 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 62 cups of all purpose flour
- 71/2 cup of baking cocoa powder
- 81 teaspoon of baking powder
- 91/2 teaspoon of iodized salt
- 101/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 11confectioner's sugar according to preference
This recipe makes 72 cookies.
- 1In one large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter altogether until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- 2Mix them well.Add in the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- 3Cocoa, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and gradually add them in to the creamed mixture.Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl:
- 4Cover the mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- 5The next day, shape the dough into 1 inch balls
- 6Place them on a baking sheet with a space of 2 inches apart so they have room for expansion.
- 7Bake them at 350 degrees for seven to eight minutes, or until when you see the top crackles.
- 8Remove from oven and cool down on wire racks.
- 9Roll them in confectioner's sugar and place them in nice jars or boxes if you want to give them away as gifts.
Peanut Butter Kisses Cookies
Making cookies could prove to be a nice family bonding, as you can prepare them with love, top them off with some kisses, and you are good to go.
- 11 cup of peanut butterAdvertisement
- 21 cup of sugar
- 31 egg
- 41 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 524 milk chocolate kisses
This recipe makes 48 pieces.
- 1Cream peanut butter and sugar in a big mixing bowl until the mixture reaches a light and fluffy consistency.
- 2Add in egg and vanilla gradually to the creamed mixture, blend well.
- 3Roll the dough into balls of about 1 1/4 inch.
- 4Place them on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
- 5Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees, or until their tops are crackled slightly.
- 6Press a kiss instantly in the middle of each of them and move them to the racks to cool down.
Holiday Spritz Cookies
This recipe's preparation time is about 15 minutes per batch, plus 10 minutes for the chilling and baking time. They are best for giving out as gift if placed in nice jars or even boxes and decorated with colorful ribbons.
- 11/2 cup of softened butter
- 21 cup of sugar
- 31 egg
- 42 tablespoons milk
- 51/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 62 1/4 cups of cake flour
- 71/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8optional food coloring
- 9sprinkles and colored sugar
This recipe makes about 60 pieces.
- 1Cream sugar and butter in a small bowl, until it is fluffy and light.
- 2Beat the egg in gradually, and the vanilla and milk as well.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine salt and flour and add this to the creamed mixture gradually until combined well.
- 4At this point, food coloring can be added in.
- 5Cover the mixture and chill for about a couple of hours.
- 6Fill a cookie press with the dough and form into your preferred shapes.
- 7Lay them on baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees for about eight minutes or until the edges are beginning to achieve a brown color.
- 8Cool them down on wire racks.
Chocolate Dipped Cookies
Aside from being delicious, these cookies are one of the holiday favorites due to the nice colors and, of course, the yummy chocolaty taste that everyone loves!
- 11/2 cup softened butter
- 23/4 cup sugar
- 31 egg
- 41 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 51 cup all purpose flour
- 61/3 cup baking cocoa
- 71/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 81/4 teaspoon salt
- 91/2 cup chopped almonds
- 101/2 cup miniature chocolate chips, unsweetened
- 1112 ounces candy coating disks, melted (white)
- 1212 ounces of candy coating (chocolate), melted
- 132 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
This recipe makes about four dozen.
- 1Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Pour in egg and vanilla, and blend well.
- 3Combine cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl, then mix them in the first creamed mixture.
- 4Stir in almonds and the chocolate chips.
- 5Cover, chill for two hours.
- 6Cut the dough in half, shape them into two eight-inch rolls and wrap them each in plastic wrap.
- 7Refrigerate for three hours until firm.
- 8Take the wrap away, and cut them in 1/4 inches slices.
- 9Place them on baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 10Cool on wire racks.
- 11Dip half of them in white candy coating, the others in dark chocolate candy coating, and allow to drip excess coating.
- 12Pipe designs on them using the milk chocolate candy coating.
Candy Cane Cookies
This definitely will get the kids' attention. Aside from being tasty, these candies are nice to look at hung on Christmas trees as well. They are very easy to make, and do not require a lot of ingredients.
- 11/2 tube of softened sugar cookie dough (refrigerated)
- 21 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 31/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 41/2 teaspoon of food coloring (red)
This recipe yields 36 pieces.
- 1Beat the cookie dough in a big mixing bowl.
- 2Add peppermint extract and flour, and keep beating until the smooth consistency is reached.
- 3Cut them in half and mix the food coloring in the other half.
- 4Take a teaspoon of white dough and shape it into a rope of six inches.
- 5Do the same thing for the red dough.
- 6Press both of the doughs side by side, and press them lightly together and twist.
- 7Lay them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 8Curve them at the top to form a cane handle.
- 9Bake them for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until they are set.
- 10Wait for them to cool down for a couple of minutes before placing them on wire racks to cool further.
Christmas Cookies in Jar
This recipe is a delectable mix of cookies (vanilla chips, dried cranberries and oatmeal mix). They are so tasty and and look really nice for a gift when placed in transparent jars. Here goes the easy to follow (and takes only 15 minutes of your time) recipe.
- 11/3 cup of sugar
- 21/3 cup of brown sugar (packed)
- 33/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 41/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 51/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 61/8 teaspoon of iodized salt
- 71 cup of quick to cook oats
- 81 cup of dried cranberries
- 91 cup of vanilla or white chips
- 101/2 cup of melted butter
- 111 egg
- 121 teaspoon of vanilla extract
This recipe will make 36 cookies.
- 1In a glass jar (1 quarter), layer the sugar and the brown sugar, and pack well between each layer.
- 2Combine the baking powder, flour, salt and baking soda and place them in the same jar.
- 3Top with cooked oats, chips and cranberries.
- 4Cover with a lid and this can be stored for up to six months in a cool and dry place.
- 5Prepare cookies at this point, and pour the cookie mix into a mixing bowl.
- 6Blend well.Beat butter, vanilla, and egg, and combine this batter into the cookie mix.
- 7Cover and chill for about half an hour.
- 8On a baking sheet, drop by tablespoons and lay them with a space of two inches apart from each other.
- 9Bake them at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are brown.
- 10Place them on wire racks and allow to cool down.Advertisement
- Read the recipe before starting, and try to visualize it first.
- Use the best equipment and tools.
- Use top quality ingredients.
- Make sure the ingredients and tools are assembled before you start.
- Mix dough evenly and do not over-mix.
- Always preheat the oven.
- Use a timer.
- Use a mitt or pot holder when handling hot kitchen equipment.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.