Make Chocolate Brownies
Edited by AliRaza, Eulalee, Maria Arieanza Santos Tan, Rose B and 13 others
Nearly everyone in the world loves chocolate. Who can resist some scrumptious chocolate brownies? In most cases, brownies are one of the more easily made dessert fares and offer a base for other desserts. This easy-to-make recipe can be the start of brownie sundaes and a wide range of other dessert offerings. Brownies are easy to make and the ingredients are more than likely right there in your kitchen cupboard.
You can have brownies by themselves or topped with whipped cream or ice cream for a quick and delectable dessert. Most people don't know this about chocolate �" cooking chocolate just isn't the "right" chocolate. It doesn't melt or mix properly. It doesn't even taste right �" too bitter. Use your favorite chocolate. Dairy milk, plain milk chocolate or Bournville for a good, dark chocolate.
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Instructions
- 3 Can You Just Add Chocolate to Brownies
- 4 B-A-C-O-N
- 5 M&Ms and Brownies
- 6 Devil's Food Cake Mix Brownies
- 7 White Chocolate Oreo Brownie Parfaits
- 8 Bournville chocolate brownie recipe too bitter
- 9 Can You Just Add Chocolate to Brownies?
- 10 What Else Can You Add to Brownies?
- 11 Use Chocolate Syrup and Other Alternatives to Make Brownies More Delicious
- 12 Tips Tricks and Warnings
- 13 Questions and Answers
- 14 Referencing this Article
- 15 Comments
- 1200g chocolateAdvertisement
- 2170g salted butter (slightly less than the weight of the chocolate)Advertisement
- 3200g soft, brown sugar
- 4110g plain flour
- If the butter is unsalted, add a pinch of salt. You also need about 3 eggs, at room temperature.
- 1Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees.Advertisement
- 2Melt the chocolate and butter together over water.
- 3Don't melt the chocolate and butter over direct heat as the mixture will become clumpy and produce poor quality brownies.
- 4If added before cooling the mixture, you might find scrambled eggs somewhere in your brownies!Let the mixture cool once it's totally melted and then add the eggs.
- 5Whisking makes them light and fluffy.Whisk the eggs until light, pale and frothy.
- 6Then add the flour. Now would also be the time to add extra ingredients such as raisins or nuts.Add the eggs to the mixture and stir well.
- 7Spray with cake release spray or oil the pan properly to prevent the brownie mixture from sticking to it.Get a cake tin or baking pan in whatever shape you like.
- 8Place the cake tin in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until the top of the brownie mixture becomes cracked and shiny.
You can create a variety of brownies, as desired, by just adding extra ingredients, such as raisins and nuts, to the batter. Brownies can be served with any of your favorite toppings or served warm with vanilla ice cream. Brownies can also be used to make the base of trifles or any sort of dessert. Keep the brownies in the fridge and warm them up in the microwave whenever the craving gets hold of you.
Can You Just Add Chocolate to Brownies
Some people think chocolate brownies may never be topped. Ever! And I agree. Whether you're a chocolate aficionado or just another customer, you can never resist taking even a little bite of these !
So, having made that point, I will not try and dissuade you from your chocolate-pledged loyalty. Read on if you want to find out how to make your brownies even crazier! (And no, I am not talking about space cakes so calm down).
Soft and Chewy Brownies topped with Chocolate Magic Shell
If you're in the mood for a sinful indulgence on a Tuesday (don't worry, we'll pretend it's your cheat day), stock up on these babies!
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
Wondering what the heck coconut oil has to do with this experiment?
Well, those two ingredients have been stirring up quite a fuss on the internet lately as they make for a deadly combination for the perfect concoction : CHOCOLATE MAGIC SHELL.
You know, that chocolate syrupy thing that instantly hardens as it succumbs to your vanilla ice cream? Yum! But wouldn't it be just a little bit yummier if we added rice crispies?
This time, though drizzle that bad boy on ice cream on top of chewy chocolate brownie and pair it up with thick, creamy vanilla milkshake and you've got yourself a party!
Yep. You read that one right. Bacon. In a brownie.
If you find yourself craving for something sweet yet salty like I sometimes do, this is our version of Ambrosia!
It's pretty easy to add on seeing as it only takes, what? Two minutes to fry bacon? And since this is probably new to some of you, here is the recipe!
- Bacon - go crazy and use as many strips as you'd like!
- Brownie mix - whichever tastes best to you will do although many recommend the Turtle Brownie mix seeing as it also comes with caramel which you can pour over your treat later.
- Eggs and vegetable oil
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease the baking pan.
- 3Pre-cook some bacon for about 2 minutes per side. Not too long. Remember, we aren't serving this with scrambled eggs for breakfast (no matter how delicious that would also be). But we don't want it raw, either. Raw doesn't cut it, this isn't Cast Away and we're not going to be a bunch of Tom Hanks parading around in aprons. Anyway, the bacon should just be starting to brown and must definitely be crispy.Heat up a frying pan.
- 4Set the bacon aside on a plate lined with paper towels to help drain some of the grease.
- 5Combine the brownie mix, vegetable oil, water and eggs, following the directions on the box.
- 6When ready, pour about half of the batter into the pan.
- 7Like I said, go crazy with the quantity! No one's there to judge and make snide comments (at least not right in front of you)Now add the bacon.
- 8Pour the rest of the brownie batter on top and make sure that you get the bacon completely covered up with it
- 9Drizzle, pour or you can even draw little hearts on top of the soon-to-be-bacon-brownies with it!And of course, we can't forget about the caramel now, can we?
- 10As it is now ready to be put in the oven, look at the box and bake it for however long it says to
- 11When they're done, let them cool for at least a few minutes (minutes, not seconds!) before digging in.
M&Ms and Brownies
This may not be entirely new to you but this is a definite hit with kids! Aside from the fact that it is super easy to make, let's face It.. M&Ms never go out of style!
This could be fun to make with friends and family and you can even take it up a notch and add candy sprinkles to the mix!
Devil's Food Cake Mix Brownies
If you are tired of having chocolate cakes out of the Devil's Food Cake Mix, you can easily turn it into chewy and nutty brownies.
- 11 Devil's food cake mix 18 oz.
- 2½ cup milk
- 31 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans or cashew nuts)
- 41 egg
- 1You have to combine all the ingredients and blend until it becomes a thick batter.
- 2On a greased 9 x 13 inches pan, pour the batter and spread it evenly.
- 3Put the pan on the oven and bake it for 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4After 25 minutes, remove pan from the oven and let it cool down.
White Chocolate Oreo Brownie Parfaits
This brownie variation is best in summertime. A layer of white chocolate cream cheese, cool whip and yes, Oreo cookies. Isn't it heavenly coming back home with this yummy treat waiting for you in the fridge? Enjoy this indulgence!
- 1A brownie mix good for 9x13 pan
- 216 ounces of Philadelphia White Chocolate Cream Cheese
- 34 cups of Cool Whip
- 45 cups of Oreo Cookies (crumbled)
- 5Half a cup of Mini Oreo for topping
- 2Take a 12x17 jelly roll pan and spray it with a non stick spray and spread the batter over.
- 4Cool it over a wire rack completely after baking.
- 6Just enough to warm it up.Place the Cream cheese packages for 30 seconds, after removing the top part.
- 8Fold in 3 cups of cool whip, mix it by doing the cut and fold motion.
- 9Divide the mixture in 2 and place in 2 bowls.
- 10Add the crumbled cookies evenly into the 2 bowls of cream cheese mixture.
- 11Take a dozen of nice transparent goblets and start layering your dessert.
- 12Place 1 piece of round brownie at the bottom of each goblet.
- 13Divide 1 bowl of cream cheese evenly into the goblets, topping the brownie.
- 14Take 1 bowl of cookie crumbs and divide them evenly into 12 goblets, and place them on top of the cream cheese.
- 15Repeat the layering procedure until you exhaust all of the ingredients.
- 17Keep them refrigerated.
- 18If you do not have goblets, then you can layer this dessert in a big glass bowl.
Bournville chocolate brownie recipe too bitter
If your Bournville chocolate brownie recipe is too bitter, it is either because you have overcooked your brownies, or you have added too much Bournville chocolate. If you have not baked it yet, you can add some more sugar to balance the taste. You could also add some sweet chocolate syrup. If it is already baked, you can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, or brush some honey mixed with a little water on those brownies. You can also top it with ice cream when you serve it, or adding some frosting will sweeten it too.
Can You Just Add Chocolate to Brownies?
Everyone who loves chocolates loves brownies. Many people love them enough to make them at home. Some make them from scratch and others use ready-made brownie mixes from grocery shelves. If your brownies seem to lack that chocolate taste that you want, you can always add more chocolate into the batter. Milk, white, and dark chocolate chips can always be sprinkled onto or folded into the brownie mix and you never go wrong. You can choose to add more chocolate by covering your brownies in creamy chocolate frosting as well. Imagine licking your lips every time you have a bite. You'll probably eat nothing else that day except for brownies. All you get is more gooey-ness, richness, and deliciousness. Indeed, there's nothing more indulgent than more chocolate to brownies.
What Else Can You Add to Brownies?
Since the subject of adding chocolates to brownies has come up, why stop there? If you can make delicious brownies, then there's no question that you can think of more yummy elements to add into them. Below are some suggestions on what you can add to your special brownies:
Use Chocolate Syrup and Other Alternatives to Make Brownies More Delicious
Be creative with your brownies by combining what you love into them. Doing so will help you come up with your own signature brownies at home or during special occasions. Here are some suggestions you might want to try to maximize the potential of your lovely brownies.
- 1Who would not want that yummy sweet, soothing and heavenly chocolate syrup on top of your brownies? Brownies are delicious without this, but having one will extremely boost its deliciousness. Honey and caramel syrups are also good especially if you mix it with brownies that are not overly sweetened.Chocolate Syrup.
- 2Adding different flavors of nips on your brownies makes it more delicious and jaw dropping. If you're going to make some chocolate brownies then, it would be best to add chocolate nips as well. But if you wanted to experiment, and see if you can come up with something better, feel free to combine different types of nips to each of your brownies. Mixing different flavor of nips on a single brownie is also good to try.Add Nips.
- 3Making cheese as one of your brownies' main ingredients, or simply putting cheese on top of your brownies is also a good alternative to amplify your brownies' lusciousness. If you do not have cheese then, a butter whether its a chocolate or a peanut butter, would be enough.Make it Cheesy!
- 4If you are much concern about your health, or is hesitant to eat brownies for it may ruin your diet, to rectify the problem, lower the sugar content of your brownies, and suffice the lack of sweets by adding fruits! Fruits such as mangoes, oranges, apples, and even tomatoes(Yes! botanically speaking, tomatoes are fruits) can be putted on top of your brownies to increase its tastiness.Yummy Fruity Brownies!
- 5You can also add some creams on top of your brownies. Write some faces, letters, or even objects to make your brownies cuter, and much enticing brownies.Creamy Brownie.
- 6White kisses chocolates can be a very good compliment to your dark brownies.White mini Kisses.
- 7If you are preparing the brownies for kids, colorful candy sprinkles on top can make it even more inviting. If you want to make your brownies even 'chocolatier' then you too may top them with chocolate candy sprinkles.Candy Sprinkles.
- 8We all know that mallows are one among kids' favorite. Let them enjoy the brownies more with colorful min mallows.Mallows.
- 9Top your brownies with your favorite nuts like almond or hazelnut.Go nuts with nuts.
- 10Have two deserts in one plate. Top your favorite brownies with your favorite ice cream flavor though vanilla is the perfect partner for this.Frozen delights.
- 11Honestly, it is your choice on what you are going to put in your brownies. Experiment and be creative. Make your brownies unique, so that, you can boast it to your friends family or even your partner. Being able to create deliciously well-made brownies will most likely impress and please everyone that eats it.Be Unique.Advertisement
- Make sure that when you add something in/on your brownies, everything is balanced. It is not good for a brownie to be override by too much additives. Remember that your main product is the brownie, and not the chocolate syrups, nips, and other additives that you are going to add onto your brownies.
- It is great if you can make your brownies unique, but do not attempt to cross over the normal boundaries. Who would want a brownie with something strange and gross on it right? Be creative, but not in a way that it will ruin the brownie itself.
Tips Tricks and Warnings
- You may add some chocolate chips for an added chocolate taste.
- You may also add coffee for a mocha flavor.
Questions and Answers
What is the main step to make brownie soft when cooking one serving in microwave oven?
There are thousands of types of microwaves and every one is different. The most important step you should pay attention to when cooking brownies is the cooking time. To become soft, brownies must not be overcooked. They should generally be cooked for 4-8 minutes, and not more than 10 minutes, on high temperature. Using the appropriate dish is also significant when you use a microwave. Brownies will turn out more delicious if you prepare them in a glass Pyrex or silicon dish.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Chocolate Brownies. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Chocolate_Brownies
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Chocolate Brownies." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Chocolate_Brownies Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Chocolate Brownies." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Chocolate_Brownies.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Trafalgar Law, sheryl hernandez, Maria Sharon Ubando