Make Bone Broth & Why It Is So Good for Your Health
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, vc
I would like to thank TotalReformation for the awesome video on How To Make Bone Broth & Why It's So Good for Your Health. I organized it into a wiki for anyone with a hearing impairment, or for those who just prefer to read the steps. Hope you enjoy it. :)
- 1Hi, guys, today we're going to learn how to make bone broth.We all know how much we love bone broth. It's amazing for our health and well-being, good for digestion, and good for energy. Coaches have been doing this for hundreds of years so they know, obviously, the importance of it. Let's keep the tradition going along.Advertisement
- 5When it comes to chickens we prefer free-range chickens.They need to be living a stress-free life. If they are tucked up in a cage somewhere, they are obviously not in a good state of health and they are quite stressed-out. They need to be eating their natural diet. Most places feed them corn, soy, and all these genetically-modified ingredients that can actually make them sick. A good free-range chicken is one of the best things and it's what we are after.
- 8The next thing we need to talk about is the water that we are going to use in our broth.We do not want to use a tap water. Usually, when we drink we don't use the tap water either because it's full of fluoride, chlorine, and a whole lot of chemicals that can actually clog up our body. Either buy a purified water or get a filter. Go to my website and visit my shop. You will see some awesome filters there.
- 15It is very important not to boil your broth.It makes it go sour and it almost ruins your broth. What we are going to do is to bring the water up to a point where it's simmering and let it sit for 2.5 to 3 hours. The good thing about chicken stock is that it's a bit shorter in length in terms of the cooking time.
- 28We've used some celery, carrot, fennel, onion, and a couple little things in here such as garlic and ginger.They all work with me and my metabolic type - I'm a parasympathetic dominant. If you don't know what metabolic typing is, go to my website and check the videos in there - one of the best things I highly recommend you guys do.
- 30While the broth is cooking in the background, I just want to talk to you guys about why would we have a bone broth in the first place.Many cultures around the world use this as a staple diet especially those cultures who do not have access to dairy. They needed the calcium and all of the other bacteria and trace elements that they cannot get.
- 31Basically, bone broth provides us with easily absorbable trace minerals which is one of the most important things that we need.All those broken down bones that we have after a long time of simmering - the bones, tendons, and the cartilage provide us with glucosamine (which is good for our joints), calcium, potassium, and even magnesium as well as many other trace minerals which are very good for us.
- 32Another good thing that is provided within our bone broth is gelatin.Some of you may have heard of this before but gelatin is really good for all of that connective tissues in the body. Gelatin is good for our skin and for those people who worry about cellulite. Gelatin is also good for the digestive tract, muscles, heart muscles, and our bones.
- 33One of the good thing about bone broth is that it help clear out our intestinal tract or intestinal wall.Most people these days do have problems with their tummy. Bone broth, when used on a daily basis, can actually aid with the repair of that intestinal infection and damage which is really good for us.
- 35There are so many reasons why we want to have bone broth.Of course, everybody is different. What you put into your bone broth is going to be different as well. Just try a couple of different things and see what works best for you. As I say, a cup of bone broth a day will keep the doctor away. Enjoy!
- 45Try to have this first thing in the morning.Check out the other video where we discuss on how to cook quinoa using this broth. It's an amazing thing to have - good for energy and digestion. Start making some broth every single week. We promise you that you'll start feeling really good. See you guys very soon.Advertisement
Video: Make Bone Broth & Why It Is So Good for Your Health
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Bone Broth & Why It Is So Good for Your Health. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Bone_Broth_%26_Why_It_Is_So_Good_for_Your_Health
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Bone Broth & Why It Is So Good for Your Health." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Bone_Broth_%26_Why_It_Is_So_Good_for_Your_Health Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Bone Broth & Why It Is So Good for Your Health." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Bone_Broth_%26_Why_It_Is_So_Good_for_Your_Health.