Make Bath Time Fun for Kids
Edited by Melvin Magadia, Lynn, Julia Moliere, Eng and 2 others
Bath time provides a perfect opportunity to bond with your kids. It's a lot of fun, and can even be educational, but some kids don't like bath time and fight it. They may associate the bath with unpleasant experiences like getting soap in their eyes, enduring cold water or slipping on a wet floor.
Making Bath Time Fun
Luckily there are plenty of tricks parents can do to make bath time fun for their Kids. Below are just a few ideas:
- 1Taking a bath doesn't have to be a chore. Add toys and playfulness to make bath time fun for your kids.Combine bath time with playtime.Advertisement
- Get a toy boat and watch how it floats in the water.
- Throw in some rose petals.
- Experiment with how different things float.
- You can even tint the water blue with a safe dye and pretend to be mermaids.
- 2Bring in the water toys.Advertisement
- Rubber duckies are always great.
- Try mini water guns for some messy, silly fun.
- Waterproof books are perfect for a calmer bath experience.
- 3If your child is just not into all the toys, they might prefer your company instead. Sing, tell a story, or talk about your day with your child. They may learn to look forward to alone time with you during bath time.Provide good company.
- 5To make your kids gradually more comfortable in the bathtub, put in just enough water to cover their feet so they can splash around. Alternatively, you can give them a big bowl and let them fill it up and play around in it. If your child is occupied and having fun, you'll have an easier job washing them.Sit and splash.
- 6Give your child a warning before you pour water over their heads. Teach them how to keep water out of their face by tilting their head back or using a washcloth to cover their eyes.Give friendly warnings.
- 7Your kid will also enjoy taking a bath if they know that they are safe. Line the tub with a non-stick mat that they can stand on. This way you can shower them with a sprayer while they hold onto the wall. This is recommended if your toddler is resistant to sitting in the tub. Don't have any glass candle holders or vases anywhere near the tub. One wayward elbow will shatter it, making an accident nearly unavoidable.Make baths a safe zone.
- 8Giving your toddler a bath is no different from washing a baby. You need to work your way from the top to bottom. With a washcloth, start with the face, giving extra care to the sensitive parts. Focus on the folds or crevices such as the neck and armpits. These are often grimy. Thoroughly soap their hands and feet because these are the most exposed. Wash their bottoms last for obvious reasons.Wash top to bottom.
- 9Leave the shampoo for last.
- Don't start the bath on the wrong foot. This is usually your toddler's least favourite part of the bath.
- Shampoo is often the cause for irritation for toddlers since it's likely to get in their eyes.
- Stand your child up once the shampoo is sudsy, so tit can flow down the drain while you rinse with water.
- 10Bath time should be limited to just 10-15 minutes. Longer baths can result in dry skin. After the bath, you can apply moisturizer if needed.Keep it short.
- 11You don't need to give your child a full bath every single day. Try rinsing them off with pure water or just a little bit of soap every other day or so. You may find that your child enjoys the rinsing, unlike the shampooing. Doing these kinds of baths will teach your child to enjoy it, rather than dread it.Soap and shampoo need not be done daily.Advertisement
Hopefully these tips will help you turn bath time into an enjoyable experience for you and your child!
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make Bath Time Fun for Kids. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_Bath_Time_Fun_for_Kids
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make Bath Time Fun for Kids." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_Bath_Time_Fun_for_Kids Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make Bath Time Fun for Kids." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_Bath_Time_Fun_for_Kids.
Categories : Parenting
Recent edits by: Yuliya, Eng, Julia Moliere