Make Banoffee Icebox
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Robbi, Lynn, Eng
If you love those gorgeous dishes in the high end coffee shops, but you simply can't afford to frequent them, we've got a lovely dessert you can create on your own that will rival anything the high end shops have to offer.
There is no need to spend a vast amount of money to buy the things you can make at home. Here's a budget friendly dessert version of that gorgeous banana toffee cake that can satisfy your cravings.
Banoffee Icebox is a rendition of the ever popular banoffee pie that can be seen and bought from different coffee shops and prestigious dessert stalls. A good decadent dessert food doesn't always need to be expensive. Enjoy!
- 15 250 ml boxes of all-purpose creamAdvertisement
- 22 cups confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)Advertisement
- 31 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 41/2 cup caramel syrup (condensed milk) or more
- 51/2 cup chocolate syrup (500 grams chocolate bar) or more
- 61 to 2 packs of graham crackers
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this dessert. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 1Using a hand mixer, beat the all-purpose cream until it forms a soft peak.Advertisement
- 2Gradually add the confectioner's sugar and vanilla.
- 1Peel the label off the condensed milk.
- 2Place it in the pot.
- 3Fill it with water, just enough to cover the top of the can.
- 4Refill the water to replace what evaporates, if needed.Boil for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 5Drain and leave to cool.
- 1Grate or slice the chocolate into small pieces and place on the top half of the broiler.
- 2Using a double broiler - fill the bottom half with water, but make sure that it doesn't reach the bottom of the top half.
- 3Bring it to simmer.
- 4Then put on the top half with the sliced chocolates.
- 5Then simmer it until it reaches its boiling point.Stir it continuously until all the chocolate melts.
- 1Get a rectangular shaped dish or container.
- 1Before whipping the all-purpose cream, chill it first for a good hour.
- 2If you don't have a double broiler, you can use an ordinary pot for the bottom and a stainless mixing bowl for the top.
- 3But of course, it wouldn't be called Banoffee Icebox anymore.Aside from banana, you can always add or substitute any other fruits that you like.
- 4If you don't have powdered sugar, you can always make some of your own.
How to Make Powdered Sugar
- 1What you'll need is a blender and the sugar itself.
- 2Make sure that the inside of the blender is totally dry so that the sugar won't stick to any moisture.
- 3DO NOT over crowd.Blend 1 cup of sugar at a time.