Make Ayurvedic Treatments for Hair Loss at Home Using Indian Gooseberry and Lemon Juice vs Boiled Lentils vs Lemon Juice and Banyan Root Powder ... and 2 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
These basic, simple Ayurvedic hair loss recipes have been in use in households for thousands of years. These easy-to-make Indian hair solutions help heal damaged scalps, balance toxic hormonal imbalances that cause thinning hair and help regrow new hair.
Method 1: Using Indian Gooseberry and Lemon Juice
This hair growth remedy, if used on a daily basis, is said to show new hair growth within a month of use.
- 1Prepare a half of a cup of Indian Gooseberry powder by soaking it in warm water for at least six hours.Indian Gooseberry contains garlic acid, which is a phenolic compound that repairs damage hair. It is also stimulating to the scalp and rich in Vitamin C, which is very healing helps grow new hair.Advertisement
- 2After the gooseberry is soaked, mix the powder with the water until it is a smooth paste.It should have a slightly muddy quality. Let it sit on your scalp about ten minutes.Advertisement
- 4Leave the foaming mixture on your hair for fifteen minutes.Make sure that this acidic mixture does not get in you eyes as it will sting.
- 5Rinse your hair out thoroughly.Do not rinse or condition afterwards.
Method 2: Using Boiled Lentils
This ancient remedy for restoring lost hair shows new hair growth in as little as a week for some people.
- 1Boil lentils in water until they are done.Lentils are full of folate, which encourages hair follicles to absorb the iron needed for them to grow new hair. Lentils also contain biotin, which encourages healthy regrowth. The zinc in lentils is also a natural DHT blocker, a sex hormone that accumulates and causes baldness.Advertisement
- 2Mash the lentils into a fine paste and massage it into your hair.Make sure you cover the scalp and all of your hair to the roots with the mixture.
- 3Leave the mixture on for at least a night.For best results leave it on all night.
Method 3: Using Lemon Juice and Banyan Root Powder
This is a hair loss and hair regrowth remedy from India that works best if you do it first thing every morning and that is said to show new hair growth in a week.
- 1Extract the juice of one large lemon into a small mixing bowl or jar.Lemon is very rich in Vitamin C, which clarifies and heals the scalp. Lemons also contain folate, which helps the body absorb iron and other minerals that keep hair healthy.Advertisement
- 2Add a level tablespoon of Banyan Tree Root powder and blend well.The powdered Banyan tree root in this ancient remedy for hair loss helps heal inflammatory scalp conditions and is especially beneficial if you have hair loss due to a fungal infection like ringworm.
- 3Apply this solution to your hair and use it like you would shampoo.Rinse out the solution out thoroughly using colder water to help seal the hair cuticles so that your hair is smooth and shiny.
- 4Condition your scalp and hair with coconut oil.Rub two large dollops of coconut oil between your palms and apply to your scalp. Massage the oil to the ends of your hair. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which protects hair from breakage as well as Vitamin E, Vitamin K and iron, which helps boost hair regrowth.
Method 4: Using Pomegranate and Mustard Oil
This Indian remedy for preventing baldness and hair restoration can produce new growth within ten days.
- 1Grind up one whole large, ripe pomegranate in a blender.It is okay to use the flesh, skin and leaves as well as the seeds. Pomegranate is very high in Vitamin C , which helps heal the scalp and it is also rich in zinc, which helps get rid of DHT, a sex hormone that causes balding in both men and women.
- 3Cook this mixture until it is mush, but mostly liquid and strain.Use a fine cheesecloth to extract the oil from the mixture in the pot.
- 4Apply the oil to the scalp.Do this three times a day to see fast results.
Method 5: Using Using Coriander Leaf
This is a common treatment in Ayurvedic for alopecia hair loss, where the balding starts at the top of the crown. New hair growth may show up within three months.
- 1Juice three huge bundles of coriander to extract the liquid.Coriander is full of antioxidants that help nourish the scalp. This leafy herb is also a natural DHT blocker that helps stop balding
- 2Massage the juice into your scalp and hair.The mixture will be quit runny so it is best to do this in the shower.
- 3Rinse the mixture out.If you do not like the smell of coriander, you can shampoo and condition your hair very lightly afterwards.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Banyan Tree powder, Indian Gooseberry Powder may be ordered online but these herbs widely available in Indian food stores as well as some natural health outlets in larger urban areas.
- Indian Gooseberry powder is also sold under the name of Amla Powder. You can buy it in most natural health food stores.
- If the coconut oil you are using is in a solid state and you prefer a liquid, simply warm it up in a bowl of quite hot tap water and it will turn clear.
- All of the hair loss remedies in this article can also be consumed as a supplement or eaten as a food which also stops and reverse hair loss
- In Ayurvedic medicine hair loss problems are referred to as Kapha problems, where a lack of moisture causes drying, infection and aging, and these spices, herbs and food help balance the dosha of the scalp
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.