Maintain Your Beauty at 50
Edited by estrella sacragon, Robbi, Eng, Lynn and 1 other
A good portion of the world feels that maintaining their beauty is extremely important. So even if you're already in your 50's it doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't do everything to maintain that youthful glow.
Aging is inevitable. While for some women, finding a few fine lines on their skin and having gray hair are nothing to be worried about, there are others who end up getting too caught up with worrying as they begin to notice normal but inevitable physical changes in their bodies.
Aside from facial treatments, skin rejuvenation products, hair care products, and even surgery, there are other options for women in 50s to enhance their natural beauty.
When women get older, the effects of too much time in the sun, poor diet, and smoking start to become evident. Obesity, gravity and stress also play crucial roles in affecting how your skin looks. The older you get, the less your skin produces new cells, which results in a less elastic skin and eventually leads to dryness. Here are some simple steps you can do to still look good, even when you are in your 50s.
How to Look Great in Your Fifties
- 1Use Subtle Makeup.When you hit 50, of course you can still add some lip color and cheek tints. You can still wear mascara and define your eyebrows and keep yourself looking polished and primped, but never go for sparkly or shimmery finished products because they can draw attention to your skin's fine lines and wrinkles.Advertisement
- 2Wear Lash Extensions and False Lashes.As women age, eyelashes also tend to fall down. Combat the loss by wearing lash extensions and false lashes. These days, false eyelashes are offered in a huge variety, from the ordinary and natural to the sophisticated and glamorous. If you prefer to have the longer-lasting lash extensions, make sure you consult first with the experts. They are secured to your eyelids and can last for a month, so proper care is critically essential.Advertisement
- 3Increase Your Aloe Vera Intake.Aloe vera has long been proven to contain high levels of enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Plus it has polysaccharides that helps lubricate the skin, joints, brain, and the body's nervous system. Aloe vera can also help you maintain healthy immune, cardiovascular and digestive systems, as well as stabilize your body's blood sugar.
- 4Consider Cosmetic Acupuncture.To help reduce the signs of aging, go for cosmetic acupuncture. This is actually a natural and viable alternative to the more popular Botox and some other cosmetic procedures designed to lessen aging signs.
- 5Acupuncture can help stimulate skin cells and improve blood circulation.When this happens, the body begins to produce elastin and collagen components that help keep the skin supple and firm.
- 6Moisturize.Go for moisturizers with women's herbs to aide in the production of hormones especially during and after menopause. Menopausal women tend to have drier skin and are always at the risk of developing fine lines.
- 7Women should not worry about aging.Worrying can also make you show your age more.
Best Fitness Tips for a Woman Over 50
Some women are thinking that it's impossible for them to stay in top shape after they reached their 50th birthday. Experts say that this isn't impossible at all.
Consider these tips on how you can stay fit:
- 1Don't be afraid to lift weights.Advertisement
- 2Start your daily walks.
- 3Perform several core workouts.
- 4Consume the right amount of protein.
How to Maintain Good Looks as you Reach 50 and Beyond
Healthy and radiant skin, shiny hair and beautiful looks suggest a healthy
and lifestyle and gives you that strong boost of confidence especially when you are outside. And while the skin care market has gradually penetrated the buying market who aims to achieve youthful and glowing skin, nothing still beats making yourself naturally beautiful as you age—living a beautiful and healthy lifestyle inside and out through healthy diet.
Your skin is your body's largest organ, thus it needs to be properly nourished and protected with the right amount of nutrients to sustain the best of health. There have been an increasing number of studies conducted, showing all the benefits you get when you eat certain foods to improve your over-all being and healthy-looking skin. Maintaining a beautiful face as you age does not have to cost you a fortune.
With just the right type of food intake, staying young and beautiful doesn't even require you to painstakingly endure the effort of spending too much time on it. So below are practical but very helpful ways on how you can maintain a beautiful and stunning face as you age.
- 1Rehydrate.You can preserve your skin and body's health with the right amount of green tea; surprisingly, even the caffeinated ones. Green teas are loaded with catechins, a type of antioxidant that naturally protects your skin from the sun's harmful damage although of course you still need to have the right sun protection creams. Furthermore, you can find active ingredients in green tea that can help stimulate your body's metabolism. A body with very good metabolism can help burn away all the excess fats in the body, thus helping you to keep trim and slim.Advertisement
- 2Use green tea.Additionally, green tea helps slow down the aging process of the body, making you feel more beautiful and confident since you are not trying at your wit's end in remembering things or worrying about dementia. Today, you can find different forms of green tea. You can choose from the regular to flavored, and even to seasonal green teas.
- 3Consider Vitamin E.Vitamin E has long been tried, tested and proven as a very critical aging antioxidant. With the right amount of Vitamin E, you can achieve a glowing skin seamlessly. Vitamin E can be found in foods like dry roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds, or vegetable oils among others.
- 4Be in Top Form with Omega-3.These Omega-3 fatty acids can help you have a skin that is smooth and silky, thanks to its anti-inflammatory contents that also make your hair shiny and in top condition. You can find a lot of foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids like cold-water fish (salmon, tuna, herring, trout, mackerel, sardines), walnuts or flax-seeds. Omega-3 fatty acids also help reduce skin's redness and inflammation. These acids, along with other essential fatty oils must be included in your diet program to yield beautiful skin free from damage and redness.
- 5Strive for a More Elastic Skin.Vitamin C is a very powerful antioxidant that wipes out free radicals normally caused by too much sun exposure or those that come from carbon monoxide. When your skin is damaged because of free radicals, this may lead to premature skin aging. But with the right amount of Vitamin C, your skin and body will look smooth and healthy in no time. Maintaining a beautiful face doesn't require you to bust the bank. With these simple and practical home tips, keeping a youthful and glowing skin has never been this easy.
How to Use your Living Room as a Gym
Are you tired of going to the gym regularly? If yes, it's best that you create a great workout space at home. Plan your home gym!
- 1Settle for Exercise Videos.You can easily move some of your living room appliances so you could have ample space to do some exercises. Some people choose to setup their basement as a gym, but if you hate the smell and the lighting, it's best to go for the right exercise video. Simply watch and learn all the essential steps.
- 2Workout Using Resistance Bands.Resistance bands are extremely useful for newbies and advanced exercisers alike. There are different resistance levels to choose from, and these are generally represented by different shades, so you can select what you require depending on your capability and what kind of moves you're planning to do. Rubberized resistance helps in building muscle. Another important thing about these bands is that they're easy to keep and handy for traveling. To begin, choose medium-strength resistance bands. Increase the resistance simply by making the band short or by folding it lengthwise closer to the anchor.
- 3Workout Using a Stability Ball.Exercise balls can be utilized alone for abdominal workouts, stretches, or stability ball exercises. You may also use this in conjunction with a hand weight. When you sit on a stability ball or lie across, you engage all of your core muscles. With the correct set of exercises, you're surely on your way to having a toned body with a much better posture, more-defined abdomen, and a healthy spine plus less back pains.
- 4Workout Using Yoga Mats.Yoga is not simply meant to provide the right relaxation techniques for your mind; you can also use the same as a home workout. Yoga mats will cushion you from the hardness of the floor and provide more support. This is a lot better than using a carpet when doing abdominal workouts, warm-up stretches and floor exercises. It's best to choose a rubbery, non-slip mat since it is safer and more comfortable especially when you're doing yoga or Pilates. Mats are being offered in many shades and designs, so simply pick one you'll certainly enjoy. Another use for rolled-up yoga mats is for your lumbar support so you can stretch out on the floor right after a stressful day.
- 5Don't forget your hand weights and dumbbells when doing exercise activities at home.These tools are definitely great when it comes to building muscles and in sculpting your body. A single pair of three-pound or a five-pound weight will be sufficient to get you going on a strength-training regimen. As you start building up strength, you may add an eight-pound or a ten-pound weight.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Robbi