Edited by clinton, Maria, jcnole, nibz and 17 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Lost my keyboard on my Galaxy Note3?
- 1.2 My qwerty keyboard on Note3 has disappeared. how do I restore it?
- 1.3 Hi! I mistakenly removed my green phone application from my Samsung Note3! How can I retrieve it?
- 1.4 How to get speech to text activated on my Galaxy Note3?
- 1.5 How to restore keyboard size on my Note3?
- 1.6 Why did my keyboard disappear after I tried to update my phone?
- 1.7 I can not text on my Galaxy Note3 as the keyboard OS not showing?
- 1.8 How can I reset my keyboard, Alphabet is missing?
- 1.9 My select input method choice is gone?
- 1.10 Keypad not coming up for typing, how do I get it back?
- 1.11 My microphone doesn't work. When people call I have to put them on speaker?
- 1.12 How can I activate the Samsung keyboard?
- 1.13 Why does my keyboard vanish on my Note3 when I am entering data on my work website?
- 1.14 I do not have a microphone on my Note3 anymore to do voice texting?
- 1.15 I find only the numbers and other symbols like + - * / on my qwerty?
- 1.16 The type message area goes black when I try to type a message?
- 1.17 I have a new Samsung Note4. I am unable to get the abc keyboard on the screen?
- 1.18 Star and hash keys are not working?
- 1.19 Can not switch the English to Chinese when I need to send a Message?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Lost my keyboard on my Galaxy Note3?
Hello, I am unable to type anything on my phone, the keyboard has no letters on it and s some kind of black grid, that I can write the words on !! but I want to type....... please help. I have googled the problem and tried all the advise
Have you tried restarting your device? If not try to restart it first. Now, if it still the same then maybe you are in the pen mode, which is used for handwriting recognition. To get your keyboard back you can try going to New Messages and in the New Messages settings follow this image below; you should tap and hold this to bring up an option.
see image here:
See more questions like this: Cannot type with handwriting recognition in Note3?
My qwerty keyboard on Note3 has disappeared. how do I restore it?
My keyboard missing. I want to restore it.
You have to go into settings and activate your keyboard again. It is usually under General settings, depending on the operating system that you are using. You may have accidentally turned it off and that's why it has disappeared.
Hi! I mistakenly removed my green phone application from my Samsung Note3! How can I retrieve it?
I do not have access to my phone contact list, keypad, call list, because I mistakenly removed my green phone app from the smartphone.
- 1Tap on the home button.
- 2Tap on "Apps".
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4In the "General" tab, tap on "Application Manager".
- 5Swipe to "TURNED OFF" or "ALL".
- 6Tap on "Phone".
- 7Enable the application.
- 8Also, press the back button.
- 9Locate and tap on the Launcher application in the "ALL" section.
- 10Tap on "Clear Data".
- 11Again, press the back button.
- 12Locate the Contacts application and tap on it.
- 13Tap on "Uninstall updates".
- 14If it still does not bring back Phone, then turn off the device.
- 15Press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons.
- 16Release only the power button when you see "Galaxy Note3".
- 17When the Android system recovery screen appears, release the other two buttons.
- 18Press the volume-down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition".
- 19Press the power button to select and wipe the cache.
- 20Press the power button to restart the device.
See more questions like this: How do I display back my alphabetical keypad on my Samsung phone?
How to get speech to text activated on my Galaxy Note3?
I used to be able to press the microphone button in my text message program and speak what I wanted to send. Now I don't have a settings icon or a microphone icon. How do I get that back? Thanks.
You can turn this back on under Settings in Language and Input. Select the Text to Speech menu. Your options will be for Google or Samsung Text to Speech. Choose the Samsung one for text messaging. Your other option is to turn on TalkBack or Driving Mode but then your phone would only work with voice commands until you turned it off again.
How to restore keyboard size on my Note3?
My keyboard has become smaller, now it does not cover the area it did before. Everything else is the same size and the keyboard section has a black area were it was filled with a larger keyboard area.
There is a keyboard icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the keyboard. Tap that and options will appear for you to set it back to normal. You should also go into Settings to Sound and Display and make sure that One hand input is turned to OFF.
Why did my keyboard disappear after I tried to update my phone?
I saw a new update for firewall or something like that and went ahead and did it. It rebooted my phone and after switching on it claimed the update had failed and corrupted my Google+ and now my keyboard is completely gone and I'm left with only the voice command.
Hard reset your device. You can back up contacts and other items like photos before you hard reset but this will put your phone back to normal. As a long shot you could try to uninstall the app that was corrupted and then put your phone into Recover and choose Wipe Cache Partition. This may reset your keyboard but most likely you will need a hard reset to restore the original factory settings.
I can not text on my Galaxy Note3 as the keyboard OS not showing?
I can not get my qwerty keyboard back ON when texting
You are in S Pen mode. To change this, long press on the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen. A menu will appear with the option to use the keyboard again.
How can I reset my keyboard, Alphabet is missing?
I lost my keyboard. When I go to settings, then to language and keyboard, then I go to keyboards and input methods, I select Samsung keyboard but it doesn't change, please help.
You are probably in S Pen mode as mentioned above. Long press the microphone icon to restore your keyboard to normal.
My select input method choice is gone?
I have no idea what magic keystroke combination I may have done to delete it
I either get a phone pad type enter choice or handwriting if I use my stylus
Tap and hold the keyboard menu icon next to "123 Sym". Then, tap the keyboard icon next to the microphone icon from the pop-up menu. This will restore your "QWERTY" keyboard.
Keypad not coming up for typing, how do I get it back?
I have Samsung FROYO Galaxy S phone. Last few days the keypad was not coming up for typing. I have rebooted the phone many times, but nothing is happening. I am not able to add or edit contacts nor type anything. Can you help me with a solution here?. Thanks
This YouTube Tutorial can show you how to restore a missing keyboard on a Samsung device.
See more questions like this: How can I change keypad Numeric to Alphabet?
My microphone doesn't work. When people call I have to put them on speaker?
Is there something I can do or take it in for service. It is only 6 months old
If both your microphone and your earpiece speaker (the quiet one that you only hear up close) do not work, then it might be a serious problem with hardware. If both the loudspeaker (the loud one that you can hear from afar) and the microphone work (and the earpiece speaker does not), then it can be software and firmware problems.
Anyway, these solution might help you before you bring your phone to a Samsung service center.
- Disable the "OK, Google!" detection. Press the home button. Tap on the "App" icon". Find and tap "Google Settings". Tap on "Search & Now". Tap on "Voice". Tap on "'OK, Google!' detection". Turn off all of the toggles.
- Press the home button. Tap on "Phone". Tap on the menu button (three dots). Tap on "Settings". Tap on "Call". tap on "Additional settings". Tap on "TTY mode". Enable "TTY Full".
- Update your phone. You can use our tutorial (click here) for a similar phone for that.
- Wipe cache partition. Turn off your phone. Take the battery out for five minutes. Put the battery back. Press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons until you see the Samsung logotype. You will boot into the recovery mode. Choose "wipe cache partition" with the volume-down button. Press the power button. Press the power button again on "reboot your system now".
- Hard-reset your phone. Turn off your phone. Press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons until you see the Samsung logotype. You will boot into the recovery mode. Choose "wipe data/factory reset" and then "Yes - delete all user data" with the volume-down button (press the power button to select the options). Press the power button again on "reboot your system now".
- If the problem still persists, then it might be the best time for a service-center check.
How can I activate the Samsung keyboard?
I can not seem to activate my Samsung keyboard. I have lost my keyboard completely and I am now left only with the voice options. The Samsung keyboard option is not highlighted anymore and therefore cannot be chosen as an option. How may I fix this problem and why did this happen?
Go into Settings to Language and Input. Disable any voice to text selections. Then go back into your Keyboard settings and the option should no longer be greyed out.
Why does my keyboard vanish on my Note3 when I am entering data on my work website?
I have had my phone 24 hrs, not sure what I turned off or on. It took me hours to get all the apps I need. Plus save web sites for work. I am not too phone savvy and have several questions but this one is most pressing right now.
When you double tap on the screen does the keyboard appear again? Each time you swipe down as you are inputting data then the keyboard will disappear. If you plan on using this phone for work all the time then a good option is a foldable mini keyboard for Android. Oldshark Foldable Bluetooth keyboard is an excellent one that we use for our household when there is excessive typing on a smaller device like our tablets or smartphones. It folds up and can be stored anywhere for quick access.
I do not have a microphone on my Note3 anymore to do voice texting?
I have been sending a lot of text by voice and I just went to send another one and the microphone on the keyboard is gone and I've done everything I can think of to get it back.
Long press the left-hand corner keyboard symbol on the actual TypePad. A menu will appear and the microphone should be there for you to choose. If not, then long press again the T with pencil symbol and that will bring you to another sub-menu where you can choose the microphone option. You will want to go into your Settings as explained above to make sure that you have the text to speech options enabled.
I find only the numbers and other symbols like + - * / on my qwerty?
The qwerty key pad shows all the symbols and I am not able to come back to the alphabets
Samsung Support has listed the ways you can change your keyboard back to normal. There are also other options listed in the answers above to change back to the alphabet settings although you are not in S Pen mode.
The type message area goes black when I try to type a message?
How can I get it to go back to white so I can see what I am typing when I am typing it
Tap the keyboard symbol to go into settings. Change the options back to default to see if this resolves your problem. If not, then you may have zoomed in on the messages. Simply unzoom to see if the keyboard drops back to normal.
I have a new Samsung Note4. I am unable to get the abc keyboard on the screen?
I can access the symbol keyboard and the smiley icon is working. I called (Verizon) tech support and they had me hold down the power, home and on/off button to restart, then go into settings and applications to the application manager and delete cache. This seemed to work for the time being, but now (an hour later) it is not working again. The S pen works, but I want to be able to use the keyboard to enter text.
It sounds like the phone is getting stuck in S Pen Mode. You can change this with the keyboard settings on your phone.
See more questions like this: Hello, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy j5. My keypad screen is blank. I'm unable to type any letter. however the Emoji work perfectly. What could be the problem? Kindly help me rectify the problem. Thank you?
Star and hash keys are not working?
Star and hash keys are not working
Go into your Settings to Language and Input and revert to Default. You may have set up a Custom keyboard and this is why those keys disappeared.
Can not switch the English to Chinese when I need to send a Message?
I just found out recently that my Note3 can not switch from English to Chinese in the We Chat.. I have tried: Can only use one language each time.
Either you select it for the entire phone language system or simply the app. For We Chat you can find this under Settings>General>Language. You will have to toggle back and forth if you want to text someone else from the app in English.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: VisiHow, ask, JMJ