Lose Weight with the Lemonade Diet
Edited by Donna, Eng, Doug Collins, Inukshuk
The Lemonade Diet is a ten-day liquid fast that was originally known as the Master Cleanse Diet. It was invented by Stanley Burroughs in 1940. Burroughs, promoted it as a cure for stomach ulcers, with weight loss as a side benefit, in a book called Lose Weight, Have More Energy & Be Happier in 10 Days. Since then, the diet, which consists of drinking 1300 calories worth of a sugary cleansing drink a day for has also been named The Maple Syrup Diet and the Beyonce Diet.
The Benefits of the Lemonade Diet
You can stay on this all-liquid diet for up to 40 days, but for best results, stay on it for ten days. Most people can only handle staying on it for three days, but even a short time on the regimen can result in a significant drop in weight.
- Weight loss due to calorie restriction
- Colon cleansing, which in itself can cause weight loss
- A reduction in body inflammation, which can encourage exercise
- Feeling detoxified, clearer and lighter
How to Make Diet Lemonade
This recipe for diet lemonade is based on the original Master Cleanse Diet.
How to Do the Diet Lemonade (Master Cleanse) Diet
- 5Ideally, you must stay on it for ten days but three days works for most people.Stay on the diet until your tongue changes from fuzzy or yellowish to pink and fuzz-free.
- 8To keep any weight you may have lost off, try to stick to a raw vegan diet.On day 4 of quitting the diet, you can begin eating normally.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Never ever embark on a liquid fast unless you are in perfect health and if your doctor approves of it
- Do not use honey or an artificial sweetener instead of maple syrup or you may note experience weight loss
- Do not do this diet if you are on any medication, including anti-depressants and antibiotics
- It is normal to experience dizziness, vomiting, joint pain, fatigue, weakness and hunger during this diet.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Eng, Donna