Lose Weight with Raspberries By Taking RaspberryKetones vs Replacing Meals With Raspberry Smoothies vs Adding Raspberries to Your Daily Diet
Edited by Donna, Eng
Raspberries enable weight loss because:
- Raspberries are a safe and natural source of rheosmin, more commonly known as raspberry ketones, which reduce inflammation in the endocrine system and vascular system and fight against metabolic disorders and obesity
- Raspberries are a source of tilroside, which is a type of flavonoid that activates a special hormone that helps reduce fat cells, which in turn regulates blood sugar and prevents obesity
- Raspberries are an ideal diet food, as they contain absolutely no fat and only 50 calories per cup, meaning that you can eat a lot of raspberries without gaining weight
- Raspberries are very high in fiber, containing 8 grams per cup (33% of your RDA), which helps clean out waste and toxins from your colon that might be interfering with your ability to absorb nutrients
- The fact that raspberries are so high in fiber can help you feel full after you eat, thus helping you stay on a limited calorie diet
- Raspberries are also rich in soluble fiber, which helps to keep your bowels regular, which in turn results in a flatter tummy and more efficient weight loss
- Raspberries are a very moist and juicy fruit that contains a lot of purifying water, which helps keep you hydrated and also gives you a feeling of fullness that helps tie you over until the next meal
- They contain hundreds of phytonutrients and phytochemicals that are anti-aging agents that keep all of the systems in your body in tip top shape by preventing the inflammatory conditions that can lead to metabolic disorders and obesity
- The high vitamin C content in raspberries, almost half of your daily requirement for one day in just one cup, helps keep your skin tight and toned, and also help prevent your skin from sagging after extreme weight loss
- Raspberries are considered to be a low-glycemic food, which means that eating them does not provoke the insulin resistant reactions that can cause weight gain
- The synergy of the high amounts of Vitamin K and Vitamin C in raspberries helps to keep inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis or diabetes in check so you are better able to exercise
- Raspberries also contain 63% of your daily-recommended amount of the mineral manganese, which helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps your circulatory system in good working order
- One cup contains 7% of your recommended daily amount of Vitamin E, which combats conditions that interfere with the efficiency of your metabolism such as arthritis, asthma and diabetes
- Raspberries contain a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals, which means that smoothies made with them can be part of a meal replacement diet strategy, as long as the smoothie also contains a bit of protein
- They are very high in Vitamin K, which helps relax your muscles and make it easier for you to recover after a workout
- Raspberries are high in biotin, B6 and pantothenic acid, which helps keep the pituitary and thyroid working efficiently and which also helps prevent hair loss if you are on a low calorie diet
- Raspberries are high in potassium, which is moldy diuretic and helps prevent a bloated look, especially around the tummy
- Raspberries contain omega-3 fatty acids, which helps o support the health of your brain and keep you clear, focused and in a good mood, even if you are on a diet
Method 1: By Taking RaspberryKetones
Raspberry ketones are a supplement made from a chemical compound that is found in raspberries. Raspberry ketones speed up your metabolism and alter the way your body processes fat, keeping it from being stored in the liver and body tissues. Ketones break down fatty deposits in the bloodstream as well, encouraging its elimination through the intestines. Taking 200 grams a day for a week will help you lose about two pounds of week, especially if you eat a sensible diet, exercise regularly and maintain a healthy lifestyle free of bad habits.
- 1Raspberry ketones have been known to induce miscarriage, cause irregular menstrual periods and raise blood pressure in some individuals. There have been anecdotal reports of nervousness and jitteriness among some people. Raspberry ketones are also not recommended for breast-feeding mothers who are trying to lose weight after giving birth.Check with your doctor to make sure that taking supplement raspberry ketones is a healthy weight-loss option for you.Advertisement
- 2Make sure that the raspberry ketone product is not cut with other ingredients such as African mango, acai berry or green tea. These ingredients, although fat-burning ingredients in themselves, take away from the efficiency and purity of the product and fat-burning formulas are often made with cheaper ingredients to make them affordable.Purchase 100% pure raspberry ketones in 100-gram dosages.Advertisement
- 3Be sure to keep up with every dietary and fitness goals and to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to encourage your body to flush fat. Make sure that the water you are drinking is of good quality and preferably vapor-distilled.Take 100 grams of raspberry ketones every day twice a day with a meal.
Method 2: By Replacing Meals With Raspberry Smoothies
To lose four to five pounds a week without harming your health two meals a day with a raspberry smoothie. The smoothies on this list are all less than 300 calories, which means that you are saving 200 to 1200 calories a day per meal while at the same time cutting hunger pangs and staying very well nourished. Alternatively, you can replace one meal a day with one of the raspberry smoothies and lose five to eight pounds a week. Each recipe for a weight loss below makes one twelve-ounce raspberry smoothie serving that is below 300 calories.
Note that if you are pregnant that is it very important to consult with your physician before adding raspberries to your diet, as the seeds have been known to induce miscarriages. Never include raw raspberry leaf in your smoothie as it might cause issues with hormones and in women, cause cramps and irregularities of the menstrual cycle.
- 1Blend two cups of ice with a cup of frozen raspberries, a cup of chilled water, a heaping tablespoon of Matcha green tea, a teaspoon of Truvia or honey and a tablespoon of grated lemon zest from an organic lemon. Green tea is rich in ellagic acid, which is a fat-burning antioxidant that accelerates your weight loss. The lemon peel is rich in essential oils that boosts your metabolism and helps protect your system from damage due to insulin resistance.]Make a Raspberry, Matcha Tea and Lemon Peel Smoothie at 70 calories per serving.Advertisement
- 2Blend two cups of ice with a cup of frozen raspberries, a cup of chilled brewed Hibiscus tea, a handful of fresh mint, the peeled segments of one small orange, a teaspoon of Truvia or honey and a teaspoon of grated orange zest. The hibiscus tea is very rich in antioxidants that support weight loss and also the health of your endocrine and digestive systems. The orange peel is rich in essential oils that help improve your mood while you are dieting and the mint is also a diuretic and anti-inflammatory agent.Make a Raspberry, Hibiscus and Orange Smoothie at 80 calories per serving.
- 3Blend one cup of ice with ½ cup of blackberries, ½ cup of blueberries, and half of a cup of raspberries with a teaspoon of honey and with a handful of crushed ice. Sweeten with a tablespoon of stevia or honey and blend until smooth. If you use frozen berries, the drink will be even frostier. All of the berries are powerful anti-inflammatories, blood purifies and diuretics, thus enabling fast, efficient weight loss.Make a Raspberry, Blackberry and Blueberry Smoothie at 90 calories per serving.
- 4In a blender, combine, a cup of guava flesh, a small chopped seeded pear and half of a cup of frozen raspberries. You may sweeten this smoothie with a teaspoon of stevia or honey. The guava and pear relieve water retention and bloat, which helps to slim the waistline. Both the pear and the guava are sources of soluble fiber that help you eliminate toxins and keep you feeling full until it is time for the next meal. Guava also has a bit of a custard-like texture that helps give the smoothie a custard-like texture.Make a Raspberry, Pear and Guava smoothie at 95 calories a serving.
- 5Blend together a half a cup of frozen raspberries, one cup of frozen mango chunks, one small frozen banana, a cup of ice and a splash of orange juice in a blender and whirl everything together until smooth. Mango is in an excellent source of Vitamin A that optimizes functioning of the kidneys, liver and pancreas and the banana contains potassium, which reduces bloat by flushing sodium from the body.Make a Low-Fat Raspberry, Mango and Banana smoothie at 95 calories per serving.
- 6Blend together, a handful of ice, one cups of frozen raspberries, peeled grapefruit segments from a small grapefruit, a cup of plain Greek nonfat yogurt, four Medrol dates and a sprig of mint in a blender until smooth. If it is not sweet enough add a bit of Truvia or stevia to the mix. Both raspberries and yogurt contain protein, which helps stave off hunger and the medjool dates fill you up and also add fiber to the mix.Make a Raspberry Grapefruit, and Greek Yogurt smoothie at 130 calories per serving.
- 7Blend 1 cup frozen raspberries with the segments of one small orange, 1 cup chilled brewed chamomile tea, a ½ cup of ice and two drops of liquid Stevia (if needed as the orange juice might be enough on its own to sweeten the smoothie.) Blend everything together until smooth and pour into a tall glass and serve. All of the ingredients in this drink are very rich in Vitamin C and K, both of which help fight inflammation and also helps your skin tighten up after you lose weight. The chamomile tea in this smoothie helps calm the irritability that sometimes accompanies being on a low-calorie diet and also functions as a diuretic that helps rinse fat from your body.Make a Raspberry, Orange and Chamomile Tea smoothie that is 140 calories per serving.
- 8Blend together, a handful of ice, a cup of frozen raspberries, a ½ cup of frozen green grapes, a half of a cup of plain Greek nonfat yogurt, a tablespoon of chia seeds, and a sprig of mint in a blender until smooth. If the smoothie it is not sweet, enough add a bit of honey, Truvia or stevia. The Greek Yogurt and the chia seeds contain protein, which helps stave off hunger until the next meal. The yogurt is also a source of healthy probiotics that helps plant friendly bacteria in your intestines, which in turn helps you absorb nutrients from the food you eat. The green grapes are a good source of Vitamins A and C and fiber and they also add a diuretic effect to the smoothie that helps reduce bloating.Make a Raspberry, Green Grape, Chia and Yogurt smoothie at 145 calories per serving.
- 9Blend together a cup of fresh or frozen raspberries, the flesh of one small avocado, one small frozen banana and a half of a cup of Greek yogurt in a blender. Add a touch of honey or a teaspoon of stevia to sweeten the mixture if needed and blend until frosty. The Greek yogurt is a source of probiotics that supplies friendly bacteria to the gut and the avocado in the smoothie is very rich in Vitamin E and essential acids that optimize the health of your nervous system, muscles and jointsMake a Raspberry, Avocado, Banana and Greek Yogurt smoothie at 150 calories per serving.
- 10Puree 1 cup of vanilla or plain flavored rice milk, a cup of frozen raspberries, a cup of water, a heaping tablespoon of matcha tea and a handful of ice in a blender. Add a teaspoon of honey, maple syrup, stevia or Truvia to the mixture to sweeten it if needed. Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth and frosty then serve. This smoothie is rich in anti-inflammatory ingredients that keep your body energized while you lose weight. The rice milk is very rich in B vitamins, which helps support the health of your endocrine system.Make a Raspberry, Rice Milk and Matcha Green Tea smoothie at 180 calories per serving.
- 11In a blender packed with ice, blend ½ cup of low fat Greek vanilla yogurt with 1 cup of frozen cantaloupe chunks, 1 cup of frozen raspberries and a dash of pure Maple syrup or liquid stevia. Blend all of the ingredients until creamy and serve. Cantaloupe is very rich in Vitamin A and potassium, which helps supports the health of your liver and eliminate bloating due to high sodium levels in the blood. The yogurt is a good source of protein, which provides your intestines with healthy bacteria.Make an icy Raspberry, Cantaloupe and Greek Yogurt smoothie at 124 calories per serving.
- 12Blend together a, a cup of vanilla flavored almond milk, a heaping teaspoon of cacao, one cup of frozen raspberries, a small frozen banana and a cup of ice and blend until smooth. The potassium in the banana prevents bloating normalizes your blood pressure low and your intestines in good working condition and the almond milk provides essential fatty acids that are good for your brain and cardiovascular system. The cacao keeps you in a good mood and stops the fatigue and low feeling that are sometimes part of being on a very low calorie diet.Make a Raspberry, Cacao and, Banana Smoothie for breakfast at 150 calories per serving.
- 13Soften half of a packet of gelatin in two tablespoons of warm water. When soft, blend the gelatin together with one cup of cold coconut water, one cup of ice, two tablespoons of crushed cashews and a tablespoon of raw organic honey. Whirl all of the ingredients together until smooth and serve. The coconut water is a diuretic that is deeply hydrating and the gelatin helps to soothe joint inflammation, which may help you recover faster after a workout. The cashew nuts are a good source of essential fatty acids, which support brain health and you won't gain weight as long as you don't add too many of them to your smoothie.Make a Raspberry, Gelatin and Cashew Smoothie for breakfast at 170 calories per serving.
Method 3: By Adding Raspberries to Your Daily Diet
Frozen raspberries work as well as raw ones for any recipe. The antioxidants in raspberries keep well in the freezer up to three months. However, it is always best to use raw fresh raspberries whenever possible and to avoid cooking them as this lowers the availability of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals in the fruit.
- 1Simply nibble on washed fresh washed raspberries without sugar or stevia instead of a fattier snack that might have more calories.Eat raspberries raw or frozen as a snack.
Tips and Tricks
- Avoid using commercially canned raspberries or those that are served in jars as processing usually harms their antioxidants and the sugar content of this products is often too high as well.
- Frozen raspberries are just as good to use in smoothies, as fresh ones and in fact can add coldness body and frostiness to a drink.
- Frozen raspberries will keep in a freezer for about a year.
- It is easy to freeze your own raspberries by washing them gently with a sink sprayer and then laying them out on a cookie sheet to freeze and then bagging them into a plastic freezer bag.
- If raspberry seeds irritate your intestines, you can juice them and then strain out any seeds in the juice using cheesecloth covering a bowl.
- Only buy raspberries that are firm, free of mold, firm and unbroken.
- If there are red stains on the bottom of the raspberry carton, then that do not buy that carton as it means that some of the produce is spoiled.
- Store the raspberries you have purchased in the refrigerator in an open carton to help keep them from rotting
- Do not wash raspberries until you have to use them or they might get soft fast and avoid washing them in warm water, which can make them break apart.
- Fresh raspberries will keep in the refrigerator for about two days and after that they will get soft and mushy; discard these.
- Be to buy organic raspberries whenever possible and the same go or any other ingredients that you might be adding to the smoothie.
- There is no need to add extra sugar to raspberry dishes because the sugar in the fruit should be sweet enough, however if raspberries taste tart it is okay to add just a bit of honey, maple syrup or stevia to the dish to make them sweeter.
- If you are living an unhealthy lifestyle that is sedentary or includes binging on junk food, you may not get results drinking raspberry smoothies, taking raspberry ketone supplements or adding the fruit to your diet.