Lose Weight with Papaya By Adding Papaya Fruit To Your Daily Diet
Edited by Donna, Eng, Doug Collins
- 1 Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Papayas
- 2 Tips and Tricks
- 3 Tip and Tricks
- 4 How to Lose Weight With Papaya Seeds
- 5 Tips and Tricks
- 6 Steps to Weight Loss Using Papaya and Pineapple
- 7 Additional Ways to Include Papaya and Pineapple in Your Diet
- 8 Tips and Tricks
- 9 How to Use Papaya Enzymes for Weight Loss
- 10 Tips and Tricks
- 11 The Weight Loss Benefits of Taking Papaya Enzyme and Garlic Pills Together
- 12 The Papaya Enzyme and Garlic Pill Diet
- 13 Tips and Tricks
- 14 Comments
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Papayas
Papayas enable weight loss because:
- Papaya contains papain, which is a digestive enzyme that helps the body process proteins, which in turn, helps the body be more efficient when it comes to shedding pounds, cellulite deposits and toxins
- The raw fruit has a diuretic effect that detoxifies the liver and kidneys and reduces bloating
- It is a very filling, but low calorie food with a mild non-acidic dessert-like taste that can satisfy a sweet tooth
- It is a good source of plant fiber that helps clear waste and toxins from the digestive system, thus aiding elimination
- The flesh is a natural carbohydrate blocker that slows down the delivery of sugar to the bloodstream and pancreas, which helps insulin-resistant individuals lose weight
- Papaya is also a potent source of chymopapain, which reduces inflammation-related diseases in the body that could prevent exercising such as rheumatism, arthritis and asthma
- It is an excellent source of vitamins that prevents high cholesterol and insulin resistance-related obesity, including Vitamin C, E and folic acid.
Method 1: On The Papaya Fruit Diet
You can lose one to two pounds a week if you follow this papaya diet. You can stay on this calorie-restricted diet without risking nutritional deficiencies for three months.
- 1Buy eighteen or more fresh papayas, preferably organic at your local market.The idea is that you will be eating one a day for breakfast and also making fresh juice with the flesh in your blender. A ripe papaya will still be firm to the touch with no springy feeling and it will be partly yellow or orange, green and red. The greener it is, the less ripe and sharper and tarter in flavor it will be.Advertisement
- 2For breakfast every day consume a half of a papaya with the seeds plus an eight-ounce glass of Wheat Germ Water.To make Wheat Germ water mix a tablespoon of wheat germ with eight ounces of warm water. The augmented water supplies B vitamins and swells the papaya fiber in your digestive system so that it becomes an effective carbohydrate blocker for the rest of water. If you are allergic to wheat, then you can substitute oatmeal flakes for the wheat germ.Advertisement
- 3For lunch every day eat a warm root and grain salad along washed down with a six-ounce glass of fresh papaya juice.To make the salad: start with whole-grain base, a root vegetable and wilted leafy greens and then top with a dash of vinegar. For the salad base use a half of cup of any of the following: soaked chia seeds, bulgur, black rice, red rice, wild rice, millet or quinoa. For the vegetable use any of the following roasted with olive oil and cut up into chunks: sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips, rutabaga, parsnips, eggplants or carrots. For the greens use spinach, kale, Swiss chard or dandelion greens. You can use any vinegar but rice wine or red wine vinegar along with salt and pepper is particularly delicious on this type of salad.
- 4For dinner eat four ounces of a recommended protein with a salad.Recommended proteins include chicken, fish, lamb, steak and shellfish. The salad can be made of any vegetables and any leafy greens. You can add papayas to the salad or use papaya puree or papaya dressing or drink another six-ounce glass of papaya juice after dinner.
Tips and Tricks
- Always check with your doctor before embarking on any type of diet that restricts calories, especially if you are on medication or have an existing chronic medication
- If you are allergic to latex, you might also be allergic to papaya and should not include it in your diet
Method 2: By Adding Papaya Fruit To Your Daily Diet
You can eat the both the flesh and seeds of the papaya fruit. The flesh tastes a bit like a sweet pudding and the seeds are tangy, tart and peppery. Here are additional ways to include this weight "loss super fruit in your diet.
- 2Add papaya to smoothies.Papaya can be chopped and whipped up with any other smoothie ingredients and ice to make a nutritious drink. A good combination for weight los is papaya, banana, strawberries, ice and your choice of coconut, almond or rice milk. Stay away from adding dairy or high fat fruits like avocado for best results.
- 3Drink papaya iced tea as often as you like.Papaya iced tea tastes equally great with black, green or orange teas. Simply brew your favorite type of tea and add four cups or more to a pitcher. Then add 2 cups of papaya juice. Tea in itself is a diuretic and cleanser and so is the papaya, so you get a double whammy of weight loss benefits with this drink, especially if you used it to replace colas and carbonated diet beverages.
- 1Eat chopped up papaya stirred into yogurt.Yogurt is a weight loss food that supports digestive health and if you use Greek yogurt with papaya you have healthy snack that tastes like a sweet dessert. Add the seeds to yogurt for a tarter treat. It is delicious topped with coconut flakes or a sprinkle of granola.
Tip and Tricks
- Papayas can be peeled and cut into chunks or you can scoop the seeds out and cut criss-cross squares into the fruit with a sharp nice to create fruit chunks
- A very ripe papaya will have a softer consistency can be eaten like a melon, split in half and with a spoon.
Method 3: Using Papaya Seeds
The seeds of the papaya fruit are completely edible and assist with weight loss because they:
- Offer anti-inflammatory properties that prevent joint pain and insulin resistance
- Support kidney function so that your body easily eliminates bloat and toxins
- Support the function of liver, preventing gout and other problems that cause the kind of muscle and joint pain that prevents exercise
- Kill intestinal parasites that may be causing digestive problems that prevent the proper absorption of nutrients and thus cause weight cravings and weight gain
How to Lose Weight With Papaya Seeds
Here are the steps to losing weight using papaya seeds.
- 4Puree the seeds and papaya flesh and use as a dressing or sauce.For a dessert sauce that is good on fruit salads leave the seeds out and add a touch of vanilla pure extract. Leave the seeds in, add a touch of hot sauce and use the puree as an accompaniment to fish, chicken or beef. Add pureed mint to papaya and you have a good side-dressing for lamb.
- 5Make Papaya Seed salad dressing.Blend a tablespoon each of papaya, red onion, chopped fresh garlic, chopped fresh ginger in a blender. Add a couple of sprigs each of cilantro and one tiny habanero pepper along with the juice of one lime, a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and blend. Add olive oil and blend the mix one more time until it is emulsified.
Tips and Tricks
- Papaya seeds freeze well and it is economical to store the scooped seeds in a jar in the freezer
- Don't rinse the seeds before you eat them as you may wash away some of the thin membrane around the seeds that contains the antioxidants
Method 4: Using Papaya And Pineapple
When eaten together papaya and pineapple act synergistically to improve digestion and reduce inflammation in the body. Eating this every day can help you lose weight because:
- Both fruits are a great source of Vitamin C, which helps reduce inflammation so that you can exercise more effectively and help keep all of the cells in your body in good working order
- Both fruits contain generous amounts of bromelain and papain, which are digestive enzymes that assist with the digestion of protein and carbs so that the body can use it for fuel
- The papain in both fruits helps sweep the waste left by a protein diet out of the colon so it is easier to absorb nutrients and lose weight
- The bromelain in both fruits helps directly reduce pain and inflammation due to indigestion, immune diseases and insulin resistance
- Both papaya and pineapple are rich sources of fiber that act as natural carb blockers and prevent you
- Both fruits have a mild diuretic effect that assists with cleaning the kidneys out and reducing gout and bloating
Steps to Weight Loss Using Papaya and Pineapple
You can lose about two pounds a week by sticking to this regime of eating pineapple before every meal and you will certainly feel less muscle or joint pain so that you can exercise more.
- 1Buy fresh, organic papayas and pineapples at your local market.Look for GMO-free and organic labels so that you are ingesting the healthiest fruit possible. Tropical fruit, like papayas and pineapple should never smell fermented. Fruit should be firm but indent slightly when you press the skin. The skin should never be wrinkled, brown or have a cracked exterior.
Additional Ways to Include Papaya and Pineapple in Your Diet
The more often you eat this fat-blasting, anti-inflammatory combination of fruits, the more weight you will lose. Here are some ways that you can incorporate raw papaya and pineapple into your every day diet.
- 1Make a non-dairy raw Papaya Pineapple Frosty.Blend 1 cup of pineapple, 1 cup of papaya and 1 cup of ice cubes and puree. Add a splash of spring water or a favorite juice flavor along with a teaspoon of real vanilla extract and blend until smooth. This is a way to drink your papaya and pineapple weight loss combination every day.
- 2Make a pineapple-papaya-banana smoothie.'For a frosty tropical treat you can sip on for breakfast, lunch or dessert combine a half of a cup each of banana, papaya and pineapple and add ½ cup of coconut milk. Add ice and whirl it all together until it is smooth and serve. Banana adds potassium, which helps reduce bloating and the coconut milk is hydrating and supplies a bit of protein.
- 3Make a green pineapple and papaya smoothie.This is a diet drink that reduces bloat because almost all of the ingredients are diuretics that naturally alkalinize the body. Combine ½ cup each of pineapple, papaya, English cucumber with skin, 2 cups of spinach and a handful of ice. Blend well and drink.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure that you are eating raw pineapple and not processed pineapple from a can, which has significantly less Vitamin C at 7 grams per 3.5 ounces than raw at 36 grams
- It's best to consume these fruits on an empty stomach in order to experience the full benefits of the digestive enzymes that both contain
- It is best to eat these fruits fresh, rather than frozen, as they lose vitamins and flavor if frozen
Method 5: Using Papaya Enzymes
Papaya enzymes are a supplement that contains concentrated extracts from the papaya fruit. Papaya facilitates weight loss because:
- Papayas contain an enzyme called papaya lipase that is similar to the natural enzymes that that the pancreas produces, thus keeping blood sugar levels down and keeping fat off the body
- The enzyme papain in papayas helps break down proteins, which improves digestion and helps clean the digestive track of debris
- The papain in papaya helps eliminate gas and digestive discomfort , therefore making it easier to exercise
- Papaya also helps clear the body of parasites that might be making weight loss and the absorption of nutrients difficult
- If you are diabetic, taking papaya helps reduce cholesterol and speed wound healing so it is easier to exercise
- Papaya enzymes are also inflammatory in nature, helping to reduce discomfort during exercise and shorten the recovery time afterwards
How to Use Papaya Enzymes for Weight Loss
- 1Decide whether or not you want to buy a hard pill or as a powdered supplement in a capsule or as a powder you can add to a smoothie.Most people find the supplement form easier to swallow and easier for the body to assimilate. The actual powder is very easy to add to any type of smoothie and goes particularly well with tropical flavors such as banana, pineapple and coconut.
- 2Read the label of the product before you buy.You want to buy the product with the most proteolytic enzymes as those are the ones that help clear you body of excess protein and reduce inflammation.
- 3It is best to take the enzyme just before a meal.Start one capsule, pill or powdered serving a day per meal or snack and then work yourself up to three before a meal. There should be at least 6 mg of papain (60,000 USP units) in each pill, capsule or powdered serving of papaya enzyme. This will help digest the food you are about to eat. The reason you are working your way up to the 18 grams per meal dose is because some people experience digestive discomfort if they take the full dose right away.
Tips and Tricks
- When buying papaya enzymes, make sure the ingredients contain both papaya flesh and the seeds or you may not receive all of the enzymatic benefits
- Studies in mice have shown that taking papaya enzymes for a period of eight weeks make help obese people reverse blood sugar problems and lose weight
- Pregnant women should not take papaya enzymes as they contain progestin and are used to induce miscarriage in Asian medicine
- The progestin in Papaya enzymes may disrupt the menstrual cycle in some women
- Do not take papaya enzymes if you are on blood thinning medications such as Warfarin or daily Aspirin as the papain in papaya already thins the blood
- You might be allergic to papaya if you already are allergic to pawpaw, avocados, figs, kiwi, melons and bananas
Method 6: Using Papaya Enzymes and Garlic Pills
The Weight Loss Benefits of Taking Papaya Enzyme and Garlic Pills Together
Also known as the Movie Star Diet or Supermodel Diet, the garlic and papaya diet is done for ten days and it is designed to have you lose ten pounds or more in that period. It is a low-calorie diet that begins fasting and then eating very lightly. During the entire diet, you will be taking two supplements: Papaya Enzymes (powder capsules) and Garlic Pills (oil capsules.)
The garlic and papaya pill combination works because:
- Both garlic and papaya are anti-inflammatory foods that help shrink swollen and inflamed gut tissues
- Both foods kill yeast and intestinal parasites that might be interfering with nutrient absorption
- Papaya contains papain, which helps the body break down proteins, clean the digestive system of debris and reverse high blood sugar
- Garlic contains allicin which prevents the formation of plaque on the lining of blood vessels
- Garlic contains selenium, which is needed by the thyroid, which controls weight loss, to function normally
- Both garlic and papaya contain vitamins C and E, which help protects cells from cellular damage and keep the endocrine system, responsible for metabolism, in good working order
The Papaya Enzyme and Garlic Pill Diet
You are not allowed anything else but what it is prescribed for you on this diet. Sugar, salt, bread and dairy products.
- 4Take one garlic pill and one papaya pill with two tablespoons of the olive along with a glass of very warm water and the juice of a lemon.This is effectively a cleanse that will help cleanse your body.
- 5Take two garlic pills and two papaya pills at lunch with a glass of warm water with lemon.Eat nothing else.
- 7Repeat the diet on the second day as you did it on the first day.However on the second day you can take three of each pill along with the glass of warm water with lemon and the two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 8On the third day of the diet, break the fast.You are allowed to have as much papaya as you like for breakfast. For lunch, you are allowed an apple plus a handful of almonds or a glass of nut milk, such as cashew or almond milk.. For supper you are allowed four ounces of steak or chicken on a bed of raw lettuce or steamed greens such as kale, spinach or Swiss chard.
- 10On the tenth day of the diet you may add vegetable or meaty broths, rice or melba toast to your diet.Add these carbohydrates slowly back into your diet. The longer you are able to avoid starchy foods, the easier it will be for you to keep the weight off.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- If you are feeling stressed out on this diet you can have a cup of mint or chamomile tea to handle symptoms
- As is true of any diet based on eating very few calories it is important that you talk to your doctor to make sure that you are not compromising your health in any way.
- Do not buy aged garlic extract as it does not contain any allicin
- It is normal to get diarrhea on this diet as your body eliminates toxins
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna