Lose Weight with Lunches Under 300 Calories
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
The key to losing a healthy two pounds a week, which is a rate of weight loss that does not cause the weight to rebound by being gained back, is to expend more calories than you take in. One approach to doing this is to put yourself on a daily regimen where you eat less than 1500 a day calories by eating a lunch that is 300 calories or less and then eating a breakfast and dinner that is not more than 1200 calories combined. If you can keep your lunch and dinner calorie count below.
Note that it is not advisable to just skip lunch or eat just anything that you like. The lunches in this article below 300 calories are nutritionally balanced and contain a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals as well as enough protein and essential fatty acids to keep you from suffering from fatigue and food cravings
- 1Inside of flattened whole wheat tortilla, spread a tablespoon of hummus, ½ of a mashed avocado, ½ of a cup of alfalfa sprouts, ¼ cup of shredded carrots and two strips of roasted red bell pepper (roasted in the oven in olive oil.) Wrap the ingredients into a roll. This wrap is very rich in Vitamin A and C, which helps reduce inflammation and supports the health of the liver, which in turn encourages weight loss. This vegetable wrap is so low in calories, that you could easily eat two of them for lunch and still be below the 300 calories required for lunch on this diet.Make a Healthy Low-Calorie Vegetable Wrap at 152 calories per wrap.Advertisement
- 2Lay four ounces of imitation crab meat with a ¼ tablespoon of diced tomato, ¼ of cup diced cucumber, half of a cup of diced avocado, 1 cup of cooked black, red or brown rice, one teaspoon of sesame seed and a drizzle of reduced-sodium soy sauce inside of a flat whole-wheat thin tortilla. Roll the ingredients up in the tortilla. This meal is so low in calories that you could eat two of them and not seriously violate the rules of the diet. The crab and rice are rich in B vitamins and protein and the vegetables provide you with a wide variety of minerals and vitamins.Make a Skinny California Roll Wrap at 164 calories per wrap.Advertisement
- 3In a blender, whip together 1 avocado, a handful of fresh basil, two teaspoons of minced garlic, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper. Whirl everything together until you have a sauce. Assemble two cups of zucchini noodles, four or five chopped cherry tomatoes, six ounces of drained and chopped artichoke hearts and a half of a teaspoon of olive oil. Toss the noodles with the oil and other ingredients. Top with avocado and basil dressing. This dish is contrived to combat a craving for pasta, with the noodles being very low in carbs compared to regular pasta. Artichokes also contain insulin, which helps prevent the absorption of sugar and carbs to keep your energy levels steady throughout the day.Make Artichokes on Zucchini Pasta at 168 calories per two cup serving.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lay out one six-inch tortilla and fill it with a half cup of cooked chicken, a cup of reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, one cup of baby spinach, half of a chopped red onion and a small sliced English cucumber. Then add four sliced cherry tomatoes, a couple of sliced olives, a sprinkle of chopped parsley, a sprinkle of chopped feta and a drizzle of Greek yogurt dressing. Keep the dressing and cheeses as minimal as possible to avoid accidentally adding more calories to the dish than necessary. This nutritious wrap is very high in protein, rich in Vitamins A, C, and E and I are also very filling, which can help prevent cravings and binge eating.Make a Skinny Greek Quesadilla Wrap at 172 calories per whole six-inch quesadilla.
- 5Place the slices of one tomato, that have been brushed with balsamic vinegar and seasoned with salt and pepper and broil them until they are about five minutes. Take two slices of whole wheat or whole grain bread and lay them flat. On one-half sprinkle a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese and the tomatoes and half of a cup of shredded basil leaves. Top with ¼ cup of grated low-fat Mozzarella cheese and cap it with the other slice of bread. Spoon a teaspoon of olive oil into a frying pan and warm the oil until sizzling. Grill the sandwich until the cheese has melted, slice the sandwich in half and serve. Note that you can lower the fat content of this sandwich even more by grilling it in a Panini maker or George Foreman grill. This sandwich has a full nutritional profile, including protein and vitamin C and the balsamic vinegar is known fat-fighter.Make a Skinny Grilled Caprese Sandwich at 190 calories a serving.
- 6In a bowl combine four slices of chopped fried center-cut bacon or turkey bacon, two cups of shredded Romaine hearts, one large chopped tomato, a tablespoon of light mayonnaise mixed with a tablespoon of plain yogurt a dash of salt and pepper. This dish is high in polyphenols and Vitamin C, which support the endocrine system. The less bacon you use in the recipe, the healthier and low-calorie it will be. If served with a handful of croutons or one small slice of toasted bread, the calorie count rises to a still acceptable.Make a Carb-Free BLT Salad With Avocado at 198 calories per two cup serving.
- 7In a salad bowl, mix together five ounces of cold cooked cheese tortellini (sold in packages in the deli section of your grocery store), ½ cup of grape tomatoes, half of a cucumber, ½ cup of kalamata olives, ½ of a red onion and 1 chopped clove of garlic. Top with two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, ½ teaspoon of dried oregano and season with salt and pepper. Crumble a half a cup of feta cheese on the salad. Toss everything together and serve. This dish is high in protein and essential fatty acids that support the health of your brain and thyroid. Serve it inside of a whole-wheat wrap and you still have a lunch that is only about 300 calories.Make A Weight-Loss Greek Tortellini Cold Pasta at 200 calories per two cup serving.
- 8Combine two cups of cooked quinoa, 1 chopped red pepper, 1 chopped bell pepper, one minced shallot, a handful of minced basil and a cup of chopped kale. Add a tablespoon of unsalted sunflower seeds. For the dressing, mix together two tablespoons of red wine vinegar and ¼ a cup of extra virgin olive oil. The quinoa is a fat-free source of protein, the rest of the ingredients are very rich in Vitamin C, as well as the antioxidants, and phenols that trigger weight loss.Make a Clean Quinoa and Peppers Weight Loss Salad at 210 calories per cup.
- 9In a bowl, shred two cups of skinless chicken, ½ cup of low-sodium chicken broth, ½ cup of plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, two tablespoons of light mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, a tablespoon of honey, 1 cup of chopped seedless grapes, ½ cup of chopped raw pecans and three stalks of sliced celery. Mix everything together, season with salt and pepper, and serve on a bed of lettuce. This is a filling, high protein lunch that contains a broad spectrum of nutrients. If you serve with six crackers, four slices of Melba toast or a small slice of rye bread, the calories jump to an acceptable 300 and add a bit more carbohydrate to the mix.Make a Skinny Chicken Salad Served on Lettuce at 230 calories per one cup serving.
- 10Mix one five-ounce can of tuna with a tablespoon of nonfat Greek yogurt and a tablespoon of light mayonnaise. Add a tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley, a stalk of chopped celery and a tablespoon of diced red onion. Season with salt and pepper and spread four tablespoons on two small slices of whole grain bread. Top with two slices of low-fat real cheddar cheese and broil in the oven for two to three minutes until the cheese is melted. The cheddar cheese contains butyrate, which is proven to keep people in a good mood and the rest of the ingredients are very rich in protein and healthy antioxidants.Make a Low-Fat Tuna Melt at 236 calories per meltie.
- 11Combine ten shrimps with black pepper, 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, two cups of torn Romaine hearts, a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese, ten cherry tomatoes and a half a cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with a dressing made of one tablespoon of light mayonnaise, one tablespoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of minced garlic, a ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and a tablespoon of water. Mix the vegetables with the dressing and season with salt and pepper. This is a very filling, low-calorie salad that is also very high in protein. Adding a handful of crumbled croutons to the salad brings it in at a still acceptable 300 calories per serving.Make a Low-Fat Shrimp Ceaser salad at 240 calories per two cups.
- 12Split a toasted whole-wheat bagel in half. Spread one-half of the bagel with low-fat plain cream cheese. Top with chopped mango and a drizzle of maple syrup. Top the other half with half a cup of chopped avocado and a dash of cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper and serve. This dish is very high in Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin B, protein and healthy omega-3 fats that support the nervous, digestive and endocrine systems. Mango is also very high in fiber, which helps to clean out your digestive system to trigger weight loss.Make a Low-Fat Mango and Guacamole Bagel at 255 calories per serving.
- 13Fry a pound of ground turkey with a tablespoon of hot sesame oil, two minced garlic cloves, one chopped onion, 1 cup shredded carrots and one cup edamame me. Add half of a cup of low-fat chicken broth, a tablespoon of sriracha sauce, a tablespoon of hoisin sauce, a tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce and a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. Once cooked, place a heaping tablespoon of the turkey and vegetable mixture into the center of four crisp iceberg lettuce wraps. Fold the lettuce around the mixture and eat. Four of these equal one serving. This dish satisfies a craving for calorie and fat laden Chinese food. The garlic is a fat-burning food and so is the hot sauce. The edamame beans are full of fiber and nutrients that help support weight loss and prevent cravings between meals.Make a Low-Fat Asian Lettuce Wrap at 260 calories per stuffed wrap.
- 14Wrap 15 slices of turkey pepperoni, ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 3 tablespoons of low-sodium tomato sauce in one organic whole-wheat wrap. Roll the wrap tightly and eat it color pop it into the microwave for one minute and eat it with the cheese melted. This high-protein wrap is good for individuals who have trouble making it to the next meal without binging on junk food. The mozzarella contains butyrate, which keeps you in a good mood until it is time to eat the next meal.Make a Low Fat and Low Sodium Pizza Wrap at 265 calories per wrap.
- 15Spread a flattened tortilla with Dijon mustard and a teaspoon of fat-free mayonnaise. Add three slices of thinly sliced organic chicken or two ounces of fresh roasted chicken and two ounces of chopped Brie. Fold the wrap over and flatten inside a George Foreman grill or Panini maker for about a minute, until the Brie has melted over the rest of the ingredients. Alternatively, you can melt the Brie in the wrap by sticking it in a microwave for about two minutes. All of the ingredients in this wrap are very high in protein and B vitamins and it is filling and tasty enough to hold you over until the next meal. Brie cheese also contains enzymes that are beneficial for the digestive system.Make a High Protein Turkey, Green Apple, and Brie Wrap at 290 calories per wrap.
- 16In a large bowl mix together ½ cup of low sodium chicken broth, one cup of chopped chicken breasts, half of a diced red onion, ¼ cup of light mayonnaise, two tablespoons of plain, unflavored Greek yogurt, ½ a teaspoon of cumin and one finely chopped garlic clove. Blend everything together and serve it seasoned with salt and pepper and on a bed of lettuce. Chill for half an hour before serving. This salad is very rich in essential fatty acids, protein and Vitamin E, all of which support the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.Make an Avocado Chicken Salad at 295 calories per serving.
- 17Add a teaspoon of olive oil and two chopped garlic cloves to a heated skillet. Wilt a handful of spinach in the pan, remove and set aside. Cook two strips of low-sodium bacon and top a small slice of rye bread with it. Add the two ounces of part-skim mozzarella cheese and the wilted spinach. Top it with another slice of rye bread. Grill the sandwich in the pan. This is one of the greasier choices on this list, but it is also very high in vitamins and contains 16 grams of protein. It can satisfy a craving for a junk food that might cost you 1000 more calories or more, such as a cheeseburger, and cost you, even more, weight. If you are trying to eliminate sodium and eliminate all saturated fat, then choose another type of low-calorie lunch from this list.Make a Low-Sodium Bacon and Spinach Grilled Cheese at 295 calories per sandwich.
- 18In a bowl combine two cups of spring mix, 1 cup of shredded, cooked chicken breast, one chopped hard-boiled egg, two slices of chopped turkey bacon, 1 small sliced cucumber, one small chopped tomato, one avocado thinly sliced and a drizzle of light ranch dressing or dill flavored low-fat dip. This salad is high in protein and is more filling than most weight-loss salads. It also helps satisfy a craving for salty foods without escalating your sodium levels so high that you become bloatedMake a Skinny Cobb Salad at 300 calories per two-cup serving.
- 19The key to this being good for weight loss is to choose a peanut butter that is low in sugar and sodium. Spread two tablespoons of reduced-fat creamy peanut butter on a six-inch whole-wheat tortilla and top with one slice banana. Tightly roll everything up in a wrap. This is wrap is very high in calcium, iron, and protein and the peanuts contain good fats that keep you feeling full and also full of energy. This is an excellent wrap to eat just before you do a workout.Make a Low-Sodium Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap at 300 calories per wrap.
- 20Combine two cups of cooled roasted chunks of sweet potatoes with a cup of pomegranate seeds and a half a cup of crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with a dressing made with a tablespoon of pomegranate juice, a tablespoon of red wine vinegar, a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper that has been whisked together. This salad is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A, which helps to support the liver.Make a Sweet Potato, Pomegranate, and Feta cheese at 300 calories per three cup serving.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Counting the calories you consume is essential to the success of this weight-loss plan so be sure to get a Fit Bit or join an online calorie counting plan like MyFitnessPal.com to assist you with keeping track of how much you are eating
- Buy organic ingredients whenever possible as this will help raise the nutritional profile of your meal
- Stay away from eating too much sugar or salt on this diet, which can cause swings in blood sugar and bloat
- Do not consume artificial sweeteners on this diet, as they can cause bloating
- Drink at least eight glasses of vapor-distilled water or pure spring water a day to keep as this helps to prevent foggy thinking and rinse fats and toxins from your body
- Take an hour walk once a day and be sure to exercise with weights at least three times a week to encourage your body to burn fat
- Be sure to avoid negative people and upsetting situations that could cause you to emotionally overeat and thus gain weight
- Get plenty of rest at night, as this will help your metabolism reset itself the next morning and prevent you from binge eating because of fatigue
- Cut back on drinking alcohol, especially wine and beer, which can cause you to gain weight
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Lose Weight with Lunches Under 300 Calories. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Lunches_Under_300_Calories
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Lose Weight with Lunches Under 300 Calories." VisiHow, visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Lunches_Under_300_Calories Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Lose Weight with Lunches Under 300 Calories." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Lose_Weight_with_Lunches_Under_300_Calories.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna